Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Raystantz Italy wrote:Courtesy of the Italian press:

- in the POST CREDITS scene the name Zuul is mentioned. It is a very powerful reference. He was the Gatekeeper....so, it's like something has been opened. It doesn't seems a throwaway reference.

FEIG: no, it's a very intentional one. We wanted to make a strong link to the first movie. Who knows what will happen in the future?

(Last question)
http://movieplayer.it/articoli/ghostbus ... ile_16052/

A guy on SHH who saw a test screening confirmed the scene being after the credits and added that it seemed a last minute addition.
Well that would explain why there appeared to be two separate scenes at the firehouse. The scene where they are testing the Bear Trap thing is a scene right before the credits and the other scene where Patty is listening to the tape must be the post credit scene.

Well I was hoping for a post credit scene, and I am so glad there is one. If that is as strong as a connection we get to the original movies I'll take it. Again despite the hate the film has received I do hope it is good. I would be more than happy to sit through this movie if it means getting another one set in the original world. If the Reboot world and the original world continue to push out films together I am all for it. I hope Ghost Corps can bring these future plans to light. :):):)
Sav C liked this
"Gozer the Gozerian? Good evening. As a duly-designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the next convenient parallel dimension."

This quote exists, therefore ANYTHING is possible.

Our girls bust the big baddie at the end. Gozer, after getting it's teeth kicked in by the OGB's decides to do just what Ray instructs. Just so happens that parallel dimension is GB16's dimension.

I like the fact that they can play this up if they want to (in the future) or just leave it (more likely).
Scum wrote:"Gozer the Gozerian? Good evening. As a duly-designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the next convenient parallel dimension."

This quote exists, therefore ANYTHING is possible.

Our girls bust the big baddie at the end. Gozer, after getting it's teeth kicked in by the OGB's decides to do just what Ray instructs. Just so happens that parallel dimension is GB16's dimension.

I like the fact that they can play this up if they want to (in the future) or just leave it (more likely).
Exactly. Even the video game plays upon the ghost world crossing over into the GB '84 world. The concept of alternate dimensions is already established. It can definitely be expanded upon. While it's been done before in both Star Trek and the TMNT cartoon, at least this opens up the possibility of seeing Ray, Winston and Peter again.
JurorNo.2, Scum liked this
Scuba Steve wrote:Probably the most hackneyed way to attempt to tie this to the original films. Either make the film a direct sequel or allow it to stand on its own, but for f****g pick one. Don't try to dance along some imaginary line and hope for the best of both.
If the connection is as small as this I would say that this could have been studio interference. This was probably the best way to incorporate the Ghost Corps. Plans. I am sure 90% of the film is the movie Paul Feig wanted to make, but the studio and Ghost Corps have plans for the franchise that still include the original universe so The studio is pushing the connection in order to reinforce that the reboot is not overwriting the existing world, but adding to and coexisting with the original world. Now I only prey that they get the numbers they need to proceed. :):):)
Alphagaia, lozbloke liked this
philmorgan81 wrote:The studio is pushing the connection in order to reinforce that the reboot is not overwriting the existing world, but adding to and coexisting with the original world.
I didn't require that kind of reassurance, as I don't consider anything to have been "overwritten." But I certainly won't argue against tying back to the original films. ;)
Scuba Steve wrote:Probably the most hackneyed way to attempt to tie this to the original films. Either make the film a direct sequel or allow it to stand on its own, but for f****g pick one. Don't try to dance along some imaginary line and hope for the best of both.
Fandoms obsess over imaginary lines every day, it's called canon.
philmorgan81 liked this
Nor has anyone else. :)

And anyway, if Ivan had been able to participate in a proper sequel, and some fans didn't like it, they'd turn on him pretty quickly. There's no point in trying to please fandoms.
Alphagaia, Sav C, ghostJAR liked this
Raystantz Italy wrote:What was that kind of spoiler you were being told at the trailer premiere?
I deleted it. I didn't want to throw the person who said it under the bus. But if what he said is true, I'm pretty sure this is true.
With Ivan producing it, I'm positive that it will be good :) You can't blame them for that first trailer, I mean sure it could've been so much better, but can you fault them for having trouble releasing the first bit of footage for a franchise that hadn't had an installment in 27 years?
Raystantz Italy wrote:Can someone sums up what's Ivan saying?
00:21-00:58: They talk about the reboot clip they're watching, and slime.
00:58-01:50: Ivan talks about stepping back from a directorial role into the role of a Producer, and him complimenting Feig.
01:50-03:15: Ivan talks about the reboot, he feels people should "relax", and that he feels the responses to the test screening so far have been "amazing" (air quotes to indicate his own words, not sarcasm). Ivan and the interviewer discuss the negative response to the trailer, and the issue of whether it was sexism, and what Ivan felt was the basis for some of the fans' reaction.
03:15 - 04:20: Ivan talks about the Sony lot screening that Dan, Murray and Hudson were present at about a month ago, noting how nervous the old cast were at first, but their growing investment in what they were watching as the film continued to play - Ivan mentions the three of them were applauding the film when it ended.
04:20 - 06:18: Ivan talks about the cast of the reboot, as well as Hemsworth.

There weren't any details about the ending in the interview.
Sav C liked this
Raystantz Italy wrote:I fault them for that 30 YEARS AGO clip.
Except that. But I guess math is no longer considered important or anything these days...

But (besides that) I imagine it would be fairly hard to choose the right clips to release, considering the last installment was 27 years ago. Either way, I'm really excited right now :)
Kingpin wrote:
Raystantz Italy wrote:Can someone sums up what's Ivan saying?
00:21-00:58: They talk about the reboot clip they're watching, and slime.
00:58-01:50: Ivan talks about stepping back from a directorial role into the role of a Producer, and him complimenting Feig.
01:50-03:15: Ivan talks about the reboot, he feels people should "relax", and that he feels the responses to the test screening so far have been "amazing" (air quotes to indicate his own words, not sarcasm). Ivan and the interviewer discuss the negative response to the trailer, and the issue of whether it was sexism, and what Ivan felt was the basis for some of the fans' reaction.
03:15 - 04:20: Ivan talks about the Sony lot screening that Dan, Murray and Hudson were present at about a month ago, noting how nervous the old cast were at first, but their growing investment in what they were watching as the film continued to play - Ivan mentions the three of them were applauding the film when it ended.
04:20 - 06:18: Ivan talks about the cast of the reboot, as well as Hemsworth.

There weren't any details about the ending in the interview.
Thank you :) I hoped he'd talked a bit about the franchise's future and his Ghost Corps.

The last interviews by Reitman made me feel a little relaxed. He truly understand what the fans are feeling.
Sav C liked this
Ive just read the movie novelisation from start to end and it does read like a good movie, though I want to see it in the flesh. For one, I will say its not the same as the original leaked plot breakdown (I dont mean the reddit thing) but it does have
This Post Contains Spoilers
Now, do bear in mind that this would have been written off the back of an earlier script (pre final edit) as was the Ghostbusters II novelisation that featured the Dana courtroom scene, the Louis / Slimer scene and possessed Ray driving the Ecto 1
Sav C liked this
-They are looking into a sequel if the movie does well, as well as other things not related to this movie.
-He respected the colaberation between Feig and Dippold, and sometimes they used Ivans ideas, and sometimes not. Feig was the captain of the ship on this one.
The only way a prequel type situation would work is in a book IMO. I'm currently reading Ghosts of our Past and loving it, but I find myself questioning why a similar type book wasn't done about GB84. I would love to know how Ray, Egon and Pete became friends. How many times Pete used Egon's large cranium to get girls, etc.
Sav C liked this
As much as I would love for the studio to concentrate on the original characters I just don't think a prequel would be that interesting. The threat that they would probably face would be dumbed Down quite a bit since it would be pre Ghost busting equipment. I don't think it is really a story that needs to be explored. Plus Winston's character would get the shaft again. I really don't like prequels. But hey who knows might be interesting. One of the things that kind of works for the Reboot is that they are new and original characters and not the classic characters. I can't really see any young actors out there that can pass as younger versions of the classic characters. I think they should just keep up with the IDW comics and maybe bring the original characters back in an animated series. I see no reason, as long as producing these shows is profitable to Sony, why they can't have both Ghostbusters Ecto Force and another cartoon focusing on the original characters. That is the only way I can see bringing the original crew back into the fold since Bill Murray doesn't want to reprise Venkman in another film. I do hope to see at least Dan and Ernie suit up again some time. I say tha because those two seem to be the most likely ones to want to return to those characters. I hope the reboot is good enough for fans to get bombarded with awesomeness in the future. :):):)
Sav C liked this

I have this week commenced my most ambitious proje[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]