Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By pferreira1983
RedWithEvil wrote:No.

Any references they do have, they were strong armed into it. Feig is a fan of the hardware. Hardware he didn't respect, or understand, or even attempt to homage. Nevermind the history, backstory, characters, lineage that devised this 80s property, etc, ..that fans clamor to. Or, at least "some" fans. Some don't seem to care no matter what.

Ghostbusters is NOT special effects. Ghostbusters is not a cheap generic Wal-Mart school supply bargin bin. Ghostbusters are 80s, Ghostbusters are original, Ghostbusters are Peter, Egon, Ray, Winston.

This remake = total disgrace. Forget MIT, or Standford now..
Yeah you tell them bro. The end is nigh! And I thought I was pissed about this travesty. Thanks for putting that into perspective.
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote: The group I was in when I saw it on Tuesday evening was a ratio of 4:1, with me being the only male in the group. They all really enjoyed the film, and there were quite a few other female members of the audience, probably not half the audience in total, but getting there.
Meanwhile YouTube reviewers who've seen the film and are big Ghostbusters fans hate it, saying it's terrible.
By pferreira1983
d_osborn wrote:I went in thinking there was NO way the reboot would be considered in the same universe, but the Aykroyd cabbie character correcting Wiig on the ghost classification has be dumbfounded. It's fun to think about!
Somehow that actually makes the whole movie seem even more worse than it is.
By mrmichaelt
I would have dug it if the last credits teaser was something else. Instead, maybe an exterior shot of the prime canon Firehouse and Ecto-1 parked outside. Then all of a sudden a portal opens from above and the flaming wreck of the 2016 Ecto-1 pops out, the portal closes and vanishes, and the wreck crashes on top of the classic Ecto-1.
By gold333
Could the ambiguity be Feig's way of appraising the fans after all the reboot backlash, yet not wanting (or having anything) to pin down story wise?
By groschopf
RedWithEvil wrote:I personally don't foresee women going out in droves to see it, but maybe.
I had no less than half a dozen female friends contact me about going to see the movie. Three of them went with me to the theater in a group of six for the premiere, and the others went with their own groups.

If anything, the vehement backlash motivated them to seek it out and let Hollywood know with their wallet that they approved.
By pferreira1983
groschopf wrote: I had no less than half a dozen female friends contact me about going to see the movie. Three of them went with me to the theater in a group of six for the premiere, and the others went with their own groups.

If anything, the vehement backlash motivated them to seek it out and let Hollywood know with their wallet that they approved.
It seems a lot of people are voting the other way as well.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

I was one of those kids who was scared of his own […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]