Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Raystantz Italy
http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/ivan-rei ... ay-qa.html
Great insights on the Gb3 iterations and the Franchise future.
In short:

- Ivan didn't liked the Hellbent script
- more fond of the Cohen one, who Sony GREENLIGHTED but stalled due to Bill reclutance and Harold illness. I think Alive Again was a reworking of that script.
- the Cohen one could still be made.
- new deal made with Sony.

A NEW LIVE ACTION MOVIE WITH MALES AND FEMALES BEING F@CKING WRITTEN RIGHT F@CKING NOW!!!!!!
Sav C, Ron Daniels, Scum and 2 others liked this
By timeware
Good find with the article. While I still plan on seeing and reviewing the latest film (eventually) I want it be successful so the next film can start off with a decent budget. Although I still think it's a tad premature to certify GB2016 fresh as reviews from the UK and regular movie goers from the States haven't surfaced yet. Would an entire new section for this movie now being planned be more appropriate to discuss it?
By Raystantz Italy
Surely, when we'll have more info :)

One thing Reitman said made me smile

Is it an important film for you because if it bombs all those opportunities to expand the franchise will go away?
Look, there have been all kinds of series that have continued after [one movie] has not worked. But it's always better when they do work.

So, it not rest entirely on Feig shoulders....and at the same time it does.
Sav C liked this
By YHSCraig
It's fun to think about but right now, there is a really great Ghostbusters movie in theaters. Rest assured, success of this film is what will ultimately open the doors to more installments, sequels, etc. I can confidently say that the general consensus is that this movie is at a minimum fun and to many fans, very good. I think that good word of mouth will help box office and hopefully we hear about new projects soon.
By RedWithEvil
I think they'll use the controversy to squeeze some more life out of the brand, while it's still relevant to the mainstream. I would. Hopefully they keep Ecto Cooler out.

The headlines have been popular. Whether or not the movie does well, I think they'll pump out more.., something? Just not sure what.

Hopefully they wise up and release something that is worthwhile. I don't know if this will be the animated movie or whatever, but they hit almost every wrong key with this current project (in my opinion, and maybe even a couple others out there).

I think they should stop playing games, take a chance, and green light one of Dan's versions. LET THIS MOVIE HAPPEN :blush:
JurorNo.2 liked this
By JurorNo.2
If this movie doesn't do well (and hence closes the door on future possibilities), I'm pretty much turning in my geek card, lol. It's been a long time coming anyway, I just can't deal with the drama anymore.
By RedWithEvil
It's apparent the older audiences wanted nostalgia. Which was denied in favor of a wannabe hip remake. They obviously didn't want to do it classy like Star Wars, or Transformers, or even NInja Turtles.

So I don't see why they don't just make it an all adult property and make an R-Rated movie. Like they should with Power Rangers. Dig it.

Don't turn in your geek card, it's not a V card, it can't just be "turned in", or given away, or tossed aside. lol.
deadderek liked this
By JurorNo.2
RedWithEvil wrote:They obviously didn't want to do it classy like Star Wars, or Transformers, or even NInja Turtles.
I'm an older fan and the nostalgia in Force Awakens felt very forced for me (of course we can agree to disagree). And the cameos in GB16 were great nostalgia for me.
Don't turn in your geek card
I'm half way there, lol.
By RedWithEvil
They may of used the "force", to force it. I don't know. A lot of people seemed to enjoy it. I was never that big into Star Wars as it is, I know Empire… was the best. But I'm not hardcore about it like soooo many are, or even Star Trek. But, these are brands that have enjoyed success far beyond what GB has.

The point is I think, is that they tried. With all those properties, in subtle and not-so subtle ways.

I think they could do a TRUE hard GB film, 80s style. Keep some (questionable) jokes, turn up the horror. Even keep the Venkman character, whom now is referenced as a bit of a sleaze. But, he came off as a real guy. Granted, a real 1980s guy, but still. It was honest.

In my opinion, the whole 4 female GB thing felt forced. It's not honest. Raising women to a higher status is Hollywood probably sounds great on paper. But, there is no true progress with just handing out roles, handing out status. That's not how to go about things. If things are earned, it's noticed. If things are just arbitrarily handed out, it's just a hand out, it is NOT a hand up.

Anyway, I'm ranting. Something about it being July 15, and thinking how old and moldy I've gotten, and how future kids only have this turd of a movie to fall back on is a bummer. They should of at least added a couple Lightsaber battles. With some CGI Melissa McCarthy doing some flips. Oh well.

P.S. Don't turn in your geek card. If anything, get rid of the Diner's Club card.
By JurorNo.2
The movie isn't some big lecture on women. The women just happened to be leads. And for that, the Internet blew up. I am pretty much done with my card.

But I do appreciate your support as a fellow fan.
Kingpin, Lee FW liked this
By RedWithEvil
I think the internet blew up cause certain powers that be underestimated GB fans. They'd held tight to these ideas, memories, and nostalgia of a bygone era for years when no one else cared. I don't even post a lot, but for years I've noticed on here, and when there was a Matty board, that they don't take any shit, lol. It's been interesting.

A detail off? They'll make mention. Something isn't accurate? It becomes known, loudly. GB gets remade? Uh Oh.

The internet "hate" (aka honesty) was never a surprise. A valid points have been made - which are ignored. This too, not a surprise. Nor, was the success of a Ecto Cooler relaunch that they couldn't keep stocked.

GB could be hot again like it was way back when. But, it's going to take something. I just don't know what.

P.S. Keep your geek card. I still have mine, although 9 times out of 10 I keep it hidden (like my freak card).
SpaceBallz, neilfro liked this
By JurorNo.2
Did I not hold tight just because I enjoyed a movie?
By pyhasanon
RedWithEvil wrote:The internet "hate" (aka honesty)
This makes me laugh so hard... You can be honest and not spew hate and disrespect... and seeing your previous posts in other threads, I'm not surprised that you would try to equate the two... I have a lot of friends against the reboot, but they're reasonable in their discussions - that there is honesty without hate...
Scum, Lee FW liked this
By JurorNo.2
UPDATE: After looking at those "audience reviews" on Rotten Tomatoes, yeah my geek card's in the shredder, lol.
By pyhasanon
RedWithEvil wrote:They obviously didn't want to do it classy like Star Wars, or Transformers, or even NInja Turtles.
Star Wars, EPVII sure, but the Transformers and new TMNT movies were done "classy"? Oh well, your opinion, I'll leave you be...
By Full-Roaming-Vapor
Lol. I can't tell if you're trolling or what. Ninja Turtles and Transformers are about as 'classy' as a dump truck filled with Mountain Dew.
WhoaFoogles, Scum, Lee FW and 1 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
Interesting, it said the animated movie is told from the POV of a ghost and sort of hints Ecto Force is based 'the movie' - Aykroyd's original Ghost Smashers script? Hmm.
By timeware
At least it wasn't Monster High. It would be interesting to see them focus on one of the Real Ghostbuster villains as the Ghost narrating the history of the GB's leading up to the formation of the Ectoforce. It would be a good way to mesh the movies, cartoons and comic. It would be great if they chose to use Sam Hain,Ghost Master, The Boogey Man, or even Prime Evil.
Scum liked this
By philmorgan81
mrmichaelt wrote:Interesting, it said the animated movie is told from the POV of a ghost and sort of hints Ecto Force is based 'the movie' - Aykroyd's original Ghost Smashers script? Hmm.
So which movie is it based on? The classic or the reboot? If it is Dan Aykroyds original concept come to life that would just blow my mind. :)
timeware wrote:At least it wasn't Monster High. It would be interesting to see them focus on one of the Real Ghostbuster villains as the Ghost narrating the history of the GB's leading up to the formation of the Ectoforce. It would be a good way to mesh the movies, cartoons and comic. It would be great if they chose to use Sam Hain,Ghost Master, The Boogey Man, or even Prime Evil.
Wasn't Prime Evil a Filmation Ghostbusters villain? Don't get me wrong I always wanted to see The Real Ghostbusters fight him too. I have a good feeling they would have kicked his ass too. I always felt The Real Ghostbusters had superior equipment as opposed to the Filmation's Dematerializers. ;)
By mrmichaelt
philmorgan81 wrote:So which movie is it based on? The classic or the reboot? If it is Dan Aykroyds original concept come to life that would just blow my mind. :)
Time will tell. The premise from earlier news suggests a melding of Aykroyd's original concept and the International comic.
timeware wrote:At least it wasn't Monster High. It would be interesting to see them focus on one of the Real Ghostbuster villains as the Ghost narrating the history of the GB's leading up to the formation of the Ectoforce. It would be a good way to mesh the movies, cartoons and comic. It would be great if they chose to use Sam Hain,Ghost Master, The Boogey Man, or even Prime Evil.
Or Tempus.
Scum liked this
By Lee FW
Point of view of a ghost?

Interesting...probably a Slimer movie then...... Did have a thought, an unlikely one but i'll throw it out anyway...what if the ghost is one of our classic busters?

Spengler is the most likely candidate but not sure how I'd feel about that though, would make me a little uncomfortable that they'd be exploiting the death of Ramis...how about Venkman though, Murray always joked about being killed off and a GB3 script did have him as a ghost. I think Venkman would have the most fun with it too.

Next thought was how about ghosting them all though? Say a problem arises that they can only fix by entering the netherworld.

Either way an animated Ghostbusters movie is what I've always wanted so I can't wait!
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:The movie isn't some big lecture on women. The women just happened to be leads.
Nope, as mentioned many times it was always the intention for there to be females in the new movie. Feig would never have made it otherwise.
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:The movie isn't some big lecture on women. The women just happened to be leads.
Nope, as mentioned many times it was always the intention for there to be females in the new movie. Feig would never have made it otherwise.
That's not what I meant. I meant that the tone of the movie isn't "Women rule, look at the women!"
deadderek liked this
By pferreira1983
JurorNo.2 wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote:Nope, as mentioned many times it was always the intention for there to be females in the new movie. Feig would never have made it otherwise.
That's not what I meant. I meant that the tone of the movie isn't "Women rule, look at the women!"
It was what they were going for. What ended up on screen was a polite way of saying that.
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
It was what they were going for. What ended up on screen was a polite way of saying that.
Or, no offence, it's what you want to be there.
zeta otaku, Sav C, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
By deadderek
Raystantz Italy wrote:Is it an important film for you because if it bombs all those opportunities to expand the franchise will go away?

So, it not rest entirely on Feig shoulders....and at the same time it does.
I've never bought in to the whole "Oh well if this movie tanks then we won't get more stuff so we should support it anyways!" mentality. Batman Begins wouldn't have happened without Batman & Robin, but I sure as hell won't pretend that it was a "necessary evil."

Also no matter how this reboot turns out numbers wise, I doubt Sony will wait another 30 years to try to revive a theatrical outing of "Ghostbusters" in some form or other.
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
I don't doubt the franchise will return even if the movie was a total failure.

I do think the more money it makes, more possibilities are open and the sooner we get them. I don't mean just more exclusive GBATC stuff.
Sav C liked this

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?