Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
Do you think that there should be a second Ghostbusters in the reboot series? I feel like this film was actually done fairly well. If you also imagine that the original movie had never been made, this would actually be a pretty fairly decent comedy. I liked it and I wouldn't mind seeing more. Whats your opinion?
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
I would like to see a sequel with an original story that doesn't reference the original movie or Ghostbusters 2. ie. doesn't follow the same plot points in a paint-by-numbers Ghostbusters story.

This iteration can't stand on its own if it clings to the first two movies. Unless it has a way of merging the two universes.
Scum liked this
Nassik wrote:I would like to see a sequel with an original story that doesn't reference the original movie or Ghostbusters 2. ie. doesn't follow the same plot points in a paint-by-numbers Ghostbusters story.

This iteration can't stand on its own if it clings to the first two movies. Unless it has a way of merging the two universes.
I have a feeling that's the conversation that's either currently happening at Ghost Corps or Sony. Pretty hopefully and confident we'll see Ray and Winston back.
Definitely want to see more. I was thinking the other day that they should consider adapting something similar to the Ghost Smashers story from the IDW series. Could be a cool way to set up a second franchise, create opportunities for a lot of unique busts, tons of new gear, and show us something we haven't seen yet with Ghostbusters on film.
johnlennon wrote:Do you think that there should be a second Ghostbusters in the reboot series? I feel like this film was actually done fairly well. If you also imagine that the original movie had never been made, this would actually be a pretty fairly decent comedy. I liked it and I wouldn't mind seeing more. Whats your opinion?
No I don't think there should be a second movie in the reboot series. I think after waiting almost 3 decades we got a very mediocre reboot. While it wasn't "OMG WORST FILM EVER" it most certainly wasn't anywhere near what most people were looking for.

I personally feel there is room for a MUCH better film out there.
Two choices:

-Animated feature film featuring the original busters

-New live action movie, with a new team, new director that ties into the original Busters

Feig had his shot, it didn't work. I personally hated the movie, and even most of the good reviews were lukewarm(a weak B+ Cinemascore as well). The movie opened #2 in the US, and probably will never be profitable for Sony. A misfire in every sense.

Feig and Melissa go back to low budget, profitable comedies, and leave Ghostbusters alone.
deadderek liked this
I would like to see one. But if the franchise isn't going to make Sony any money, how is Sony going to go ahead and continue to make more movies? It just doesn't make sense. I really hope this isn't the end of Ghostbusters. I love the franchise (as most of us here) and I'm happy it's back and in the spotlight again. I don't want to see it dead and the franchise not seeing the light of day ever again.
Now that we have the origin story out of the way, I would welcome another one of these. Especially if it does somehow tie to the original universe. I had read the article about how Ivan kind of dreads Dan's Cabbie knowing all this info about Ghosts. He said something to the effect that He (Ivan). Now has to figure a way to explain it in the next film possibly. Like I said I look forward to the bombardment of more Ghostbusters :):):)
WarlockNem liked this
Franchise the hell out of it. Set up three different teams, three different states, they all unite in the end to fight the big bad which doesn't have to be something gigantic.
It's also a good way to get kids into history. Focus on popular wars like WWII, Civil War, maybe the Shangai tunnels in Portland. It would be something awesome to see Gun Fight at the Ok. Corral done in live action. No need for one sided politics or agenda's. Just make it fun!
philmorgan81 wrote:Now that we have the origin story out of the way, I would welcome another one of these. Especially if it does somehow tie to the original universe. I had read the article about how Ivan kind of dreads Dan's Cabbie knowing all this info about Ghosts. He said something to the effect that He (Ivan). Now has to figure a way to explain it in the next film possibly. Like I said I look forward to the bombardment of more Ghostbusters :):):)
I want to see this interview, where can I read this?
philmorgan81 liked this
WarlockNem wrote:
philmorgan81 wrote:Now that we have the origin story out of the way, I would welcome another one of these. Especially if it does somehow tie to the original universe. I had read the article about how Ivan kind of dreads Dan's Cabbie knowing all this info about Ghosts. He said something to the effect that He (Ivan). Now has to figure a way to explain it in the next film possibly. Like I said I look forward to the bombardment of more Ghostbusters :):):)
I want to see this interview, where can I read this?
Here you go. :)

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-ghostbusters ... 1783551645
I was watching an AOL piece on the potential sequel about an hour or so ago, thinking "This is great, more Ghostbusters!" But then guess what happened? They ended the piece by taking a mean jab at Ghostbusters II. My mood did a complete 180 degree turn. Not a nice way to start your day.
deadderek liked this
I know we all want to see GB3 where the guys are training a new MIXED gender cast, but that would just be way to confusing for the general audience at this point right after the reboot was released. People would be wondering where the girls were. They could do this GB3 down the road like years later, but lets face it, they don't have the time to wait anymore. We already lost Harold.

I also don't, though more likely, see just a straight sequel to this movie happening after all the backlash. At this point I would bet that what we get next is either a spin off set in the same universe (Chicago Ghostbusters featuring a team of guys and girls or whatever city. You get the idea) or a sequel where the girls encounter the OG's via some dimensional rip storyline. Personally, I'd bet on the latter. Either way, I bet an announcement comes sooner rather than later.
Honestly I don't see how people would get confused. You had Kevin dressed in the flight suit at some point so the newer generation knows what a male Ghostbuster should look like. You also have male Ghostbusters in the mobile game, and video game. You also have lego dimensions and that was very recent.

As for the backlash half of that was generated by Sony and half of it was due to actual misogynists. A large portion of fans were also just not thrilled with the idea.

Im sure the new cast or at least one of them will be involved in training this new team, how much air time they get is the question. Do we want them to overshadow the new mixed team or do we want to just see them setting them up in the beginning? I would love to see different teams working on improving their ghostbusting equipment while visiting whoever's headquarters.
Pizzaface liked this
timeware wrote:Honestly I don't see how people would get confused. You had Kevin dressed in the flight suit at some point so the newer generation knows what a male Ghostbuster should look like. You also have male Ghostbusters in the mobile game, and video game. You also have lego dimensions and that was very recent.

As for the backlash half of that was generated by Sony and half of it was due to actual misogynists. A large portion of fans were also just not thrilled with the idea.

Im sure the new cast or at least one of them will be involved in training this new team, how much air time they get is the question. Do we want them to overshadow the new mixed team or do we want to just see them setting them up in the beginning? I would love to see different teams working on improving their ghostbusting equipment while visiting whoever's headquarters.
No, a spin off set in the reboots universe wouldn't be confusing. I'm saying if they now went back and did GB3 (Ray training a new team ignoring the reboots universe), people wouldn't know what the hell was going on. Not because people wouldn't remember the originals, I just mean the average movie goer isn't going to keep the universes straight.
Yeah, I've said time and again that the one constant I've seen with reviews, positive and negative, is that a majority liked the cast. As Sony reviews all the info, I doubt they'll just throw out the cast.

This is why I'd like a Ghost Smashers story. Another team emerges to steal the Ghostbusters contract away from them. You introduce a new team (mixed gender if you need it...I don't care) with some new leads and their own take on the tech. Maybe make it flashy and new compared to the garage tech of the current team. You'll set up more busts with different strategies and, ultimately, make it something with the new teams tech that creates some kind of apocalyptic event. For Ghost Smashers, they tried to simply disentigrate the ghosts, but that backfired.

Anyways, now both teams have to team up and save the day. Everyone's happy, girls keep the contract, but they decide to vet the new team and...another franchise is born for more movies.
I would like to see the reboot cast come to meet the original GBs in a cross-over thing, or some kind of continuation because as it stands right now I have no plans to revisit the reboot film nor a sequel if they make one. The story was just very bland to me. It was entertaining enough to kill an hour and a half in 3D imax, but not enough to get me to watch it again. Nothing in it was very interesting to me and most of the jokes fell flat along with poor editing. Definitely a different director.
If the new Ghostbusters movie gets a sequel, they could still tie in the original Ghostbusters. As was stated:
This Post Contains Spoilers
This allows for the possibility that the world moved past the events of the 1980s.

With that stated, ignore the cameos we've seen. In the new Ghostbusters 2 have Abby getting more into paranormal research. Her search for reference leads her to Ray's Occult Books. In this movie, Egon's deceased, Peter's whereabouts are unknown. Winston's around and has his own life (but pops up as needed) and Dana ( and Oscar) aren't even mentioned.

Ray sold the firehouse years ago (the mortgage was in his name so he'd be the one to sell it) and returned to his shop. Abby has no idea about the original Ghostbusters and only has an acquaintance with Ray through his bookshop. In the course of her research she discovers the existence of the original Ghostbusters and Ray's history with the paranormal. The existence of the original Ghostbusters (who are all but forgotten) explains how the modern Ghostbusters got their name... (the newscaster calling them "Ghostbusters" was sparked by by a faded memory of a team that once was).

Ray takes on a Yoda sort of role... there for advice and information but not an actual member of the team.
Last edited by Nassik on July 27th, 2016, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C, SpaceBallz, Scum and 1 others liked this
I would like for it to be revealed that the Reboot universe and the Original Universe are one in the same. It would save a lot of trouble from jumping back in forth depending on what Ivan and the Studio would like to do going forward. :):):)
Nassik wrote:If the new Ghostbusters movie gets a sequel, they could still tie in the original Ghostbusters. As was stated:
This Post Contains Spoilers
This allows for the possibility that the world moved past the events of the 1980s.

With that stated, ignore the cameos we've seen. In the new Ghostbusters 2 have Abby getting more into paranormal research. Her search for reference leads her to Ray's Occult Books. In this movie, Egon's deceased, Peter's whereabouts are unknown. Winston's around and has his own life (but pops up as needed) and Dana ( and Oscar) aren't even mentioned.

Ray sold the firehouse years ago (the mortgage was in his name so he'd be the one to sell it) and returned to his shop. Abby has no idea about the original Ghostbusters and only has an acquaintance with Ray through his bookshop. In the course of her research she discovers the existence of the original Ghostbusters and Ray's history with the paranormal. The existence of the original Ghostbusters (who are all but forgotten) explains how the modern Ghostbusters got their name... (the crowd calling out "Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters..." was sparked by by a faded memory of a team that once was).

Ray takes on a Yoda sort of role... there for advice and information but not an actual member of the team.
Love it. It would also make my Ray's Occult T-shirt a total collectors item haha.

Seriously though, people are going to take issue no-matter what direction they take with the (potential) sequel. I think connecting the universes would be a great way to expose the purely misogynistic haters, while at the same time giving the legitimate haters the bone they've been so desperately begging for.

Even if it turns out to be a far fetched idea that makes no sense, we get what we want. Not to mention, we've already extended disbelief to believing in ghosts, phantoms, gods, demons, etc.

Also, imagine how heart wrenching it would be to see Ray Stantz, the heart and soul of the Ghostbusters, slip away into the abyss.
Sav C liked this
I found the AOL clip I mentioned above that frustrated me so much. You can watch it here if you want: http://on.aol.com/video/ghostbusters-2- ... 71f41fe5f1
Now let me explain why this made me so angry, that way I can move on and stop bothering everyone about it... It starts off stating how much the film made at the box office, and then shows a quote by Rory Bruer stating that there is no doubt in his mind that a sequel will happen. All fine and well. It's clearly not an opinion piece by anything so far stated in the clip, just factual news.

But to end it, they tack on an insult to Ghostbusters II that adds nothing to the piece:
Whatever comes next, let's all agree the new sequel can't tarnish the already crappy reputation of the original "Ghostbusters 2"
This is a mean dig at what is actually a great film, it adds absolutely nothing noteworthy to the news piece, and is unprofessional. I want to learn facts when I watch the news, I don't want (what are supposed to be) factual pieces telling me that one of my favorite films has a crappy reputation. A professional news agency should not even insinuate that something subjective (like a film) is crappy. It is simply not good reporting practice, and should be unacceptable by professional news agency standards.

I hope you don't mind me getting that off my chest.
deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?