Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
kevinj319 wrote: As has been stated before, Milo had nothing to do with any of this. I'd rather have a beer with Milo than most of the fandom in this thread at this point.
Nothing to do with any of this =
1. Singling Jones out when the promo photos were released and calling her a man.
2. Persistently referring to the new Ghostbusters as feminist and progressive in a derogatory way.
3. Again targetting Jones after the film's release accusing her of racism, mocking her appearance, libelling her by tweeting fake homophobic tweets he claimed were by her, written in a racist vernacular.

And of course there's the fact it was his followers who targetted her with the more blatant racism.

Additionally you may be interested to know that he appeared on a UK talk show and made misogynist comments about all women, not just feminists or lesbians or progressives, ALL women. The host and audience were appalled.

We have another "celebrity" in the UK, Katie Hopkins who made a career out of saying offensive, insensitive and shocking things, then trying to justify it afterwards. It appealed to a certain unpleasant side of society and appalled another side of it, and both sides would click her articles so now she's on TV and Radio. Milo is doing exactly the same thing. You're right, in that Milo has as much to do with Ghostbusters as he does gaming, he cares about neither, but he found an audience amongst both by validating and stirring up the most insecure and vile opinions of a subset of each group.

And once he realised his audience was growing he kept at it, and jumped on the Trump bandwagon and courted racists and misogynists because it gets him money. That's all he wants, a platform, attention and money. He often cites Christopher Hitchens, but Hitchens would baulk at the idea of being affiliated with Milo. Milo flunked academia, he's had a privileged start in life, underperformed and now realises he serves his ego by peddling bile to spineless racists and misogynists. Trolling is one thing, and done well can be hilarious, but there's a difference between free speech and harrassment.

But sure go for a beer with Milo, just be aware of what that says about you.
zeta otaku, JurorNo.2 liked this
kevinj319 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Milo lost his Twitter account. Oh the horror! Maybe I'd care more if he didn't literally call trolling "God's work." And to see Ghostbusters fans (not meaning you specifically) defending him as some kind of hero is sickening. Her private information was hacked...OVER A MOVIE! Wake up, people! The fanbase tarnished its own image. No one did that for them. If they want to fix that, they don't have to love GB16, but first God's sake, save the pitch forking for something that matters in life!

As has been stated before, Milo had nothing to do with any of this. I'd rather have a beer with Milo than most of the fandom in this thread at this point.
Milo doesn't drink beer. He only drinks the tear's dripping from his victims' eyes. Oh! & Blood! He also drinks blood. "Drinks" maybe isn't the right word. "Sucks" is more the word I would use. He sucks blood!

So by all means, have a beer with him. Just make sure it's during daylight & bring some garlic and/or a silver steak just incase.
JurorNo.2 liked this
Well it's interesting. Some of the more bitter detractors--they'd obviously love to be able to cite the original cast or director as their saviors from all this. But obviously that didn't happen the way they wanted it to. So the next logical step for them was...Milo...for some reason. Kevin is right, he has nothing to do with Ghostbusters. And yet somehow he's become the official mascot for wayward fans everywhere, lol. It goes back to that distrust I mentioned earlier that fandoms now have for artists. They'd rather side with a fellow bitter fan than the people actually responsible for the movies they love.
featofstrength wrote:One-time-possibly-attached-to-a-version-of-GB3 Star Jonah Cancels Appearances After French Comedian Humiliates Him
https://www.yahoo.com/news/jonah-hill-c ... 00200.html
Celebrities are real people with real feelings. #I'mwithJonah
Yikes. This is why HR departments tell you to avoid jokes in the work place. : P
featofstrength wrote:One-time-possibly-attached-to-a-version-of-GB3 Star Jonah Cancels Appearances After French Comedian Humiliates Him
Going to that show was his first bad move. The jokes weren't funny at all, even in french. The girl is just a bitch and she keeps making a fool of herself BUT Jonah Hill should have been smarter than that and not answer or say something like "Brad and George don't f*** 6/10s anymore".
Ouch, that was harsh. Not a big fan of Jonah Hill but how wrong could someone be with their humour? :shock:

Anyway in regards to Leslie Jones she appeared in a bad movie along with everyone else involved. It wasn't her fault. I don't think that's enough to leak her passport and ID over the Internet regardless of the way she handled her Twitter account as well as the fans. It was out of order and imagining that happen to me I along with anyone else would be devastated.
JurorNo.2 liked this
"the troll in question isn’t the obvious choice of Eric Cartman, but the way more surprising Gerald Broflovski."
Not surprising if you know South Park, lol.
https://twitter.com/Lesdoggg?ref_src=tw ... r%5Eauthor

Has anyone seen this? This is what i'm talking about when I mean instigating. Regardless of your political position she's going to piss off a lot of people tonight with her comments on Donald Trump. I have been supporting Leslie since this whole thing started. She's my favorite of GB2016.

However,This kind of stuff isn't doing her any good. I would say the same thing if Chris Hemsworth starting live tweeting Hillary.Celebrities lose me when they get into politics. A lot of the comments she made were just about as mean as some of the people who attacked her.
timeware wrote:A lot of the comments she made were just about as mean as some of the people who attacked her.
Thing is Trump wants to be in charge of the country. His actions will affect a lot of people (same with Hillary). Jones just starred in a movie, hardly a reason to be attacked.

Not to mention, Trump decided to partner up with Breitbart, i.e. Milo's group. I doubt there's any love lost there.

And we're certainly all going to be sharing opinions about the election, even if they piss some people off. I understand feeling disappointed when celebs don't share your political views (happens to all of us), but they're just people, trying to figure out the right thing to do.
Alphagaia wrote:
Just wanted to say, the whole Save the Day thing would have come across better if it was primarily super hero actors. Having all the other actors there confused the message a bit. A lot of the audience probably doesn't know about the whole "Avengers only come together to fight the really big evil" thing. And, I know they're making fun of it, but I really hate that style of PSA where the same word is repeated over and over, lol.

You didn't see them doing that in We Are the World; everyone got their own individual lyrics! ;)

JurorNo.2 wrote:
timeware wrote:A lot of the comments she made were just about as mean as some of the people who attacked her.
Thing is Trump wants to be in charge of the country. His actions will affect a lot of people (same with Hillary). Jones just starred in a movie, hardly a reason to be attacked.

Not to mention, Trump decided to partner up with Breitbart, i.e. Milo's group. I doubt there's any love lost there.

And we're certainly all going to be sharing opinions about the election, even if they piss some people off. I understand feeling disappointed when celebs don't share your political views (happens to all of us), but they're just people, trying to figure out the right thing to do.
I'm not dissapointed that she doesn't share my political views. I'm independent. What i'm tired of is the one sidedness. Hillary has a lot of stuff in her closet which the media and Celebs consider taboo. Anyone who ignores a direct subpoena from congress should be jailed or fined. She is getting away with crap that would have forced Nixon to resign ten times over.

Both candidates have done stuff to put themselves behind bars. The whole thing about Trump doing business with Cuba in the 80's should be looked into as well.

I don't want to see Leslie go down the same path as Janene Gerafalo or Ann Coulter or even becoming a clone of Bill Mhar. I think choosing a non political comedy routine would serve her better in the long run. It didn't do any good for Jim Carrey when he started into Gun Control.
She was not being racist, and did not hack him, and if you don't like politics, it's best to steer clear of America until after way after election day.
I'm American so that's kind of difficult for me to do. I'm in the political soup right now. Ghostbusters got me into the paranormal, the paranormal got me into history, and history got me into politics. Never thought we'd be combining Ghostbusters and Politics in the same conversation.
JurorNo.2 liked this
timeware wrote: I'm not dissapointed that she doesn't share my political views. I'm independent. What i'm tired of is the one sidedness.
Ah, gotcha. I'm independent as well, I sympathize. I feel that way about everyone I know, not just comedians, lol.
Not that their opinions are worth any less or more, but it is irritating when celebrities try to use their star power to sway people politically. Ya always got Bono and Bruce Springsteen shootin' their mouths off at their concerts...I mean, it's their right to do so, but it always makes me roll my eyes. I guess it works on the hive-minded though.
timeware wrote:The worst thing to happen to America? Not Donald Trump, but Bono's sunglasses.Lol.
And clown scare 2016.
Did anyone else see the Mr. Robot SNL skit last week with Leslie? It had several Ghostbusters related references, which I don't want to spoil, but I will say that I thought it was really funny.

It doesn't work in my location, but here's a link to the skit: https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... ot/3108917
Sav C wrote:Did anyone else see the Mr. Robot SNL skit last week with Leslie? It had several Ghostbusters related references, which I don't want to spoil, but I will say that I thought it was really funny.

It doesn't work in my location, but here's a link to the skit: https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live ... ot/3108917
Just watched it. That was pretty funny.
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
featofstrength wrote:
Unless you're Dan Aykroyd and Lindsey Buckingham....
Well I can't argue with that. You have Elwood Blues in your studio and you keep him in the chorus? You can't even let him play his harp? 8)

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]