Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By TorkTorkelson
I have NEVER gone to a movie more than once in the theater (except for GB84 when I was 3, I think my dad took me 4 times). But I think I'm going to have to see this one two more times so I can 1) catch it in 3D and then 2) look for gags I may have missed the first two times around. Also I need to take my wife to one of those viewings as she has shown interest.

I want this movie to be successful so we can see what else Ghost Corps can do. Maybe they'll be able to do stuff that'll patch up the divided audience and make everyone happy. A couple more movie tickets is a drop in the bucket but I'm glad to enjoy the movie again.
Sav C liked this
By Ivo Shandor
After I see it one more time to make 5 I will write an actual review. Then I won't see it again until the blu-ray.

3+ views are a minimun to catch everything and have a decent working knowledge of how things stack up. Just my opinion.
Nassik, Sav C liked this
By Ivo Shandor
TheDreamMaster wrote:I've seen it twice, but my funds are currently limited so not sure if I'll be able to catch it a third time. Drive-in is a possibility though.
I hear you - movies are not cheap. I put aside $100 to spend on ATC awhile ago. If it stunk I would have saved my cash but as long as it was decent I always planned to see it multiple times just to have a good working knowledge of the film. It was actually better than I thought it would be so I decided to spend the whole $100. :)
Herring14 wrote:I too have seen it twice. Once in 3D and once in 4DX (moving seats, smells, smoke, water spray for the ghost puke scene, etc...)

I'm tempted to go once more in IMAX.
That sounds awesome! I'd love to see it like that, but wouldn't even know where to find one close to me. And even then, don't really have the money to travel to one, but I should look into it for future reference.

Just found out the reboot is coming to the Drive-in about 20 minutes from me on August 5-18. First week it's showing with Tarzan, second week with Ice Age, so might be a good time to take the kids to see Ice Age and get one more showing of the film for myself. Great thing about the drive-in, kids 12 and under are free, and a ticket for the double feature is only $5.
Once I get more money in definitely. Seen it three times as of this post and I hope to keep seeing it up until they stop showing it. Probably will see it in the mornings (tickets are only 5$ and more available seats).
By J10kmn
I would like to see it again but I'm not a fan of going to the movies alone. I would love to see it in 3D or Imax (or both) at some point.
Sav C liked this
By gdonovan
No.

A friend of mine had passes so I went with him to see the movie. Sad to say I fell asleep 1/2 way through the movie and woke up more or less when they were rewarded with the old firehouse.

Thoughts on the movie- It was boring. The trailers are bad but in all honesty they showcase the worst for some reason. The characters never seem to hit their full stride at any time. You see hints here and there but they never quiet materialize. I can't even recall a single quote from the movie, its that boring.

Gave it a fair shot. Lot of the "bad stuff" I was expecting was weak at best and left me with the feeling of "what could have been" if the movie was in the hands of a capable director.
By Ivo Shandor
Kingpin wrote:I'm definitely up for seeing it a third time. Currently in talks with my brother to sort that out.
Seeing it Tuesday with my wife. It will be her 2nd time and my 5th. So far I've seen it with her, one of my children, a friend, and another friend.
Kingpin liked this
By Skyknight
To me the question is more "Am I going to see it at all?", because it's still 10 more days before it starts in Germany and I still haven't found out if any of the places near me will play it in 2D, because I'm not a 3D fan at all! If none of them will have 2D I'll wait for the DVD/BR release, or try to find it online!
By Scum
Have the day off from work today, at home with my 5 month old. I'm very tempted to take him to a matinee today. I just don't want to be that guy with the screaming baby in a movie theater!
By ogswiss
did anybody see it in 4D in new York? it fkn succed!!!! ive seen a few movies so far at the 4d theater but this time there was no smells no water - terrible!! thought I was going to get wet everytime they got slimed but nope!!! it was great for batman v superman.... hopefully better for suicide squad. maybe they rushed making the 4d version for ghostbusters. such a lost opportunity
By Herring14
pyhasanon wrote:So, where is everybody watching these 4D viewings? Does a specific theater chain do these?
I'm from the UK and saw it in Crawley Cineworld, West Sussex. It was really good fun! Getting sprayed in the face with water during the ghost vomit scene had the whole cinema laughing.
MonaLS liked this
Yes I will see it again as soon as I can. Ive seen it twice. Once at the L.A. Premier and I LOVED being able to see it with my fellow Ghostheads that way!!!!!!! the other time was with my local Franchise members and loved that also. Next time, I want to take my 5 year old and girlfriend with me to see it. It was playing at the drive in and my fellow team members went in uniform and with the Ecto1 but I could not attend. I cant wait to own this on BluRay though with additional footage and features!!!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]