Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
I have an friend who is an mid 20s adult and has never seen any Ghostbusters movies. A group of us is planning on seeing the new one in a few days. Should I give her my Blu-ray movies to watch first, or let her see the new movie first?

I am a huge fan, part of the Philadelphia Ghostbusters, grew up with the franchise and have seen the new one 3 times. But I really don't know what I should recommend to her. Missing the originals will negate a lot of the fan service, but how many easter eggs will she really see after only one 1984 viewing? And since she's a younger generation, will she appreciate the originals?

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts. Please no haters who haven't seen the movie, that won't help. Thanks!
MagicPrime wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Is she open to older movies in general?
That's a good point. How does she feel about other movies of the era? Like say: Back to the Future or The Goonies?
Or Back to School (another Ramis written film).
I would absolutely say to watch the original first.

But, this could be an interesting test. Have her watch the new one and then watch the original. I would be really interested to know what the opinion would be to someone who's seen the new one and then seen the original. I don't think we've gotten that perspective yet.
JurorNo.2, Sav C, WhoaFoogles and 2 others liked this
Scum wrote:
But, this could be an interesting test. Have her watch the new one and then watch the original. I would be really interested to know what the opinion would be to someone who's seen the new one and then seen the original. I don't think we've gotten that perspective yet.
That could be cool, actually. It's like how I grew up thinking Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray were only Ghostbusters and then had my mind blown watching them on SNL. :)
Sav C, Scum liked this
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:I would also say get her to watch the originals first. It will be interesting to get her opinion on the new movie.

I think the originals hold up well but a friend in his late 30s had a different opinion (gasp!!) and said they look dated.
Hmm, well I mean is there a 1984 movie that doesn't look of the moment? It's largely inevitable.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:I would also say get her to watch the originals first. It will be interesting to get her opinion on the new movie.

I think the originals hold up well but a friend in his late 30s had a different opinion (gasp!!) and said they look dated.
Hmm, well I mean is there a 1984 movie that doesn't look of the moment? It's largely inevitable.
I think that's what makes this test so interesting. Old gritty and grainy VS new happy and flashy?
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
I say the originals first - they have a proven track record of pulling people into the fan base. The reboot should bring in a lot of fans, but until it gets itself a successful track record of doing so, the originals should be watched first.
deadderek liked this
I know the local GB club but I do not do events with them as I am normally with the Star Wars club. Before the reboot it would be interesting to know what the age group of people that visit the GB club table at events. It would also be interesting to know that with the new movie if the number of kids interested in Ghostbusters increases significantly.
    PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]