Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By HunterCC
Sav C wrote:Here's some more irony, I wasn't going to comment on the whole trolling/debate discussion as it was between them, but then I thought of how you (and others of course) were commenting on Feig's reaction to the trolls, which was between him and the trolls, and figured if you (and others) can comment on a discussion that isn't any of your business, then why can't I?

But since I'm going now, why stop there? In my opinion Feig did nothing wrong in the the way he handled the trolls. I have many criticisms of the reboot, but I never felt Feig was dismissing my criticisms or calling me a troll. Certainly I prefer how Reitman handled the situation better, but Feig didn't do a bad job. He even acknowledged that people had valid criticisms. The trolls got what was coming to them.

Personally (and I don't want to offend anyone) I found that the majority of the media picked the most controversial aspects of the film to report on, therefore creating more unnecessary controversy, and did everyone a disservice.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get that out.
no problem enjoy the feedback , even though I mostly disagree . If it's against this board's etiquette to jump into normal conversation please let me know so I can avoid stepping on anybody's toes .

As far as whether or not Feig was lumping people with the trolls, by ignoring valid criticism, I figured if it applied in the case you were talking about it applied with the Feig and Sony. And back on the box office thread I posted at least one link of Feig literally responding to valid criticism by saying "(Paraphrasing) oh yeah I value your opinion......zzzzzzz." But agree to disagree if you still don't think so.

I strongly disagree though with the idea that the trolls got what was coming to them . Feig and Sony gave them what they wanted ! Attention, drama, and validation when Feig and others in the media responded in kind. One major rule of the Internet is still "Dont feed the trolls." And as far as how Feig and Sony responded, gee how well did that turn out for them? How do they look now. Did trolls diminish in number? How did the general public react?

Agreed about the media and that was a pretty good rant on your part LOL .
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By MagicPrime
That's the biggest fact about the whole thing. The Trolls didn't care if this movie failed or succeeded. They had no true motive or passion for ANYTHING regarding this except to whip up a fervor and get attention. That is what a troll does, and they succeeded 110%.

The Trolls won. Hands down.
HunterCC, RichardLess, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By Sav C
HunterCC wrote:no problem enjoy the feedback , even though I mostly disagree . If it's against this board's etiquette to jump into normal conversation please let me know so I can avoid stepping on anybody's toes .

As far as whether or not Feig was lumping people with the trolls, by ignoring valid criticism, I figured if it applied in the case you were talking about it applied with the Feig and Sony. And back on the box office thread I posted at least one link of Feig literally responding to valid criticism by saying "(Paraphrasing) oh yeah I value your opinion......zzzzzzz." But agree to disagree if you still don't think so.

I strongly disagree though with the idea that the trolls got what was coming to them . Feig and Sony gave them what they wanted ! Attention, drama, and validation when Feig and others in the media responded in kind. One major rule of the Internet is still "Dont feed the trolls." And as far as how Feig and Sony responded, gee how well did that turn out for them? How do they look now. Did trolls diminish in number? How did the general public react?

Agreed about the media and that was a pretty good rant on your part LOL .
I don't think it's against any board etiquette, so you should be fine.

I'm not overly informed on the way Feig handled the trolls, from what I've seen he's a fairly nice guy. But yes, let's agree to disagree for now.

Internet wise I'm not very hip, but now thinking about it you're probably right about not feeding the trolls.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Sav C
Article by the Boston Herald concerning the sequel, titled "Loss may scare off 'Ghostbusters' sequel"

Just thought I'd share, make what you want of it.

I've been giving it some thought, and have come up with what I personally think should be the next step in the franchise.

Since Ghostbusters III most likely isn't gonna happen, why don't they make a few short films following the original Ghostbusters showing up to a haunting, and trapping the ghost. Basically the Slimer/Scoleri Brothers scenes without being encased in a feature film. It would be quick to shoot, probably five days of principal photography, tops.

In the beginning of Pixar films they always have an unrelated animated short film that they show. If they made the shorts as much like the originals as possible and distributed/shipped them out in front of Columbia Pictures films, it could maintain interest in the franchise until the animated movie is released.
Last edited by Sav C on August 22nd, 2016, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
By Sav C
Raystantz Italy wrote:Ecto Force is the new series name, not the animated movie name.
Thanks, I fixed it. After not getting any new content for 19 years, all of this new stuff coming out is making me confused :P
By Alphagaia
Sav C wrote:Article by the Boston Herald concerning the sequel, titled "Loss may scare off 'Ghostbusters' sequel"

Just thought I'd share, make what you want of it.

I've been giving it some thought, and have come up with what I personally think should be the next step in the franchise.

Since Ghostbusters III most likely isn't gonna happen, why don't they make a few short films following the original Ghostbusters showing up to a haunting, and trapping the ghost. Basically the Slimer/Scoleri Brothers scenes without being encased in a feature film. It would be quick to shoot, probably five days of principal photography, tops.

In the beginning of Pixar films they always have an unrelated animated short film that they show. If they made the shorts as much like the originals as possible and distributed/shipped them out in front of Columbia Pictures films, it could maintain interest in the franchise until the animated movie is released.
So nothing new: outsiders think it will scare of a possible sequel and they are not making a profit and Sony is still saying the whole brand is making money (even if the movie made less then they hoped) with increased sales because of the new movie?
Sav C liked this
By HunterCC
Hollywood may have rebooted movies that lost money, but has Hollywood ever done a sequel with the same cast for a movie that lost money?
By JurorNo.2
MagicPrime wrote:
The Trolls won. Hands down.
Oh you mean they finally got lives?! :-D

Oh wait no...they didn't. :cry:
By Alphagaia
HunterCC wrote:Hollywood may have rebooted movies that lost money, but has Hollywood ever done a sequel with the same cast for a movie that lost money?
That would be Ghost Rider, by Sony of all people, though the sequel kept only Nicholas Cage on.

Star Trek had some stinkers as well, but kept on going because the fans kept going, giving the studio enough money to try again and make better movies while earning money.

But I do think this movie will end up getting a sequel, just probably on a smaller basis.
MightyAni liked this
By JurorNo.2
SpenglerTrance wrote:I know the RGB actors aren't big on the reboot. They didn't even invite them to the premier. Tasteless. Just like everything else they've done.
That is entirely the fault of the general public. Hollywood would put voice actors front and center, if they thought it's what audiences wanted. But audiences have always had this silly block in their heads that if you can't see something, or someone, it doesn't count. I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to people that voice acting is "real acting." On a similar note, I remember an old live Muppet appearance where the characters got huge applause...and then the puppeteers came out to golf claps, lol. :roll: That's just the way people are. And Hollywood only gives the public what it wants, even if said public doesn't care to admit it.
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote:
Star Trek had some stinkers as well, but kept on going because the fans kept going, giving the studio enough money to try again and make better movies while earning money.
Plus the original Star Trek movies mostly had to stay within a budget, which in a weird way ended up benefiting them. That's a lesson a lot of blockbuster franchises need to learn again.
Sav C liked this
By MagicPrime
JurorNo.2 wrote:
SpenglerTrance wrote:I know the RGB actors aren't big on the reboot. They didn't even invite them to the premier. Tasteless. Just like everything else they've done.
That is entirely the fault of the general public. Hollywood would put voice actors front and center, if they thought it's what audiences wanted. But audiences have always had this silly block in their heads that if you can't see something, or someone, it doesn't count. I can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to people that voice acting is "real acting." On a similar note, I remember an old live Muppet appearance where the characters got huge applause...and then the puppeteers came out to golf claps, lol. :roll: That's just the way people are. And Hollywood only gives the public what it wants, even if said public doesn't care to admit it.
That still doesn't explain why they wouldn't give a courtesy invite to people associated with the franchise for over 20 years. That comes across as a snub.
By timeware
Even Dave Coulier got invited to to the premier of Fuller House. Heck, a lot of people love Peter Cullen but don't know what they look like. How many kids of the 80's watched Knight Rider loved the voice and don't realize that William Daniels plays Mr.Feeny on Boy Meets World?
By JurorNo.2
MagicPrime wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
That still doesn't explain why they wouldn't give a courtesy invite to people associated with the franchise for over 20 years. That comes across as a snub.
Voice actors have ALWAYS been treated that way. When Yellow Submarine came out, the voice actors weren't credited with playing the Beatles. The studio hoped audiences would assume it was really the Beatles they were hearing. Why? Because the Beatles were famous and the voice actors were not, and the audience wasn't paying to hear them. And there are other reasons. Adriana Caselotti was shocked to find out she wasn't invited to the premiere of Snow White. She and the actor who voiced the Prince ended up sneaking in, lol. Walt Disney was very weirdly protective about his work and allegedly didn't want the illusion of Snow White spoiled. When you play a character aimed at children, there is more concern that the illusion not be broken.

I absolutely believe the RGBs are the unsung heroes of the franchise. They kept it going in between films and brought in so many young fans. That doesn't mean the public is ever going to give them the recognition they deserve. Hard core fans? Yes, of course. Most people? No. And that's what Hollywood caters to.
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on August 23rd, 2016, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JurorNo.2
MagicPrime wrote:Ghostbusters 2016 -- Representing Equality in Hollywood! (So long as you're not a Voice Actor.)
Did you read what I said? There is ZERO reason to pin that on this one particular movie, other than the fact you don't like it. Blame the audience for its biases against voice actors. They vote with their wallets, isn't that what you guys keep saying?

And besides, the RGB voice actors have no connection to this movie whatsoever, I'm not sure why one of them thought they would be invited. It's common for voice actors to complain about the recognition they don't get, and I can't blame them. But that doesn't mean there was some uniquely malicious snubbing going on.
Last edited by JurorNo.2 on August 23rd, 2016, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MightyAni, deadderek liked this
By Commander_Jim
Sony's Jumanji reboot/remake is now a sequel continuing the universe of the original with new characters. Lessons learned?
By JurorNo.2
Commander_Jim wrote:Sony's Jumanji reboot/remake is now a sequel continuing the universe of the original with new characters. Lessons learned?
The lesson being fans actually think movies can be erased. Weird but true.
deadderek liked this
By MagicPrime
Commander_Jim wrote:Sony's Jumanji reboot/remake is now a sequel continuing the universe of the original with new characters. Lessons learned?
I wouldn't go that far. But as a soft reboot I am much more open and forgiving to it already. With Jumanji being one of my favorite movies, I am actually really hopeful that it will be entertaining.
By Alphagaia
You know, seeing as GB:ATC shares a lot of the vibe from RGB it is a bit of a poor oversight to not invite the voice actors, but I don't think it that much of a big deal. Next we gonna hear about the artists who had drawn RGB were not invited as well.

I'm sure when Feig or Ivan hear of this they will send them the extended cut as an apology/salt in the wounds ( depending how you liked the movie).
Last edited by Alphagaia on August 23rd, 2016, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote:You know, seeing as GB:ATC shares a lot of the vibe from RGB it is a bit of a poor oversight to not invite the voice actors
Again, Hollywood simply goes along with an oversight on the part of the public.
Next we gonna hear about the artists who had drawn RGB were not invited as well.
Indeed. They are equally responsible for the performance of the characters, but are even less likely to get recognition from the public. Including fans who care oh so much about voice actors.
By Commander_Jim
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Or that fans would prefer that the future of the the movie series they like continue to expand upon the story and characters they're invested in as opposed to being kicked aside for parodies making fun of them instead.
By JurorNo.2
Commander_Jim wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Or that fans would prefer that the future of the the movie series they like continue to expand upon the story and characters they're invested in as opposed to being kicked aside for parodies making fun of them instead.
Or fans are too quick to feel kicked aside.
Alphagaia, Sav C, MightyAni liked this
By Alphagaia
Totally looking forward to Sony spinning this brilliantly and give the voice actors roles in the new animated movie or Ecto Force.
By MagicPrime
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Commander_Jim wrote:
Or fans are too quick to feel kicked aside.
Or they aren't oblivious to being kicked aside.
Alphagaia wrote:Totally looking forward to Sony spinning this brilliantly and give the voice actors roles in the new animated movie or Ecto Force.
I don't think "Sony" "Brilliantly" and "Spin" can be used in a sentence without causing a full-fold cross rip.
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote:Totally looking forward to Sony spinning this brilliantly and give the voice actors roles in the new animated movie or Ecto Force.
I wouldn't be surprised, lol.
By MagicPrime
If they were smart they'd get Maurice Lamarche to repriese his role as Egon for a cameo in an episode. Maybe as a video recording, or as the voice of an interactive Tobin's Spirit Guide.
Alphagaia liked this
By JurorNo.2
MagicPrime wrote:
Or they aren't oblivious to being kicked aside.
Look, they're not doing soft reboots because they respect us as fans. They're just afraid of another overreaction. It's pandering, not respect.
MagicPrime wrote:If they were smart they'd get Maurice Lamarche to repriese his role as Egon for a cameo in an episode. Maybe as a video recording, or as the voice of an interactive Tobin's Spirit Guide.
He's still active in the business, no reason they wouldn't.
By Alphagaia
You know, there will always be people that are OK with a reboot and people that are not. It's perfectly fine and you won't convince the other of your view.

GBfans never deserved this shit storm between fans. People are nitpicking/defending everything to death and we cannot seem to let it go.

We will get more GB content. This movie has fans and haters. No need to condemn them for it until the next thing comes along.

Does it suck this is not what you wanted? Sure!
The others already have a new movie, you might like the animated movie better.

Let's stop grabbing each others throat over a franchise finding new paths and new fans and enjoy the things you do like.

The best way of winning, is not to play.
JurorNo.2, Commander_Jim, Sav C and 2 others liked this

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]