Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Photon Guy
Rick Moranis. You see cameos by all the other main people from the original Ghostbusters. Aside from the Ghostbusters from the first movie you also see cameos by Annie Potts and Sigourney Weaver at the very end. Bill Murray gets thrown out a window, Dan Aykroyd is a taxi driver and Ernie Hudson runs a funeral home and owns the hearse that they borrow for their ghost busting business. Even the late Harold Ramis makes a cameo as a statue. I kept waiting for a Rick Moranis cameo and was disappointed when he didn't make one. From what I heard he just didn't want to be in the movie. They offered him a big check to make an appearance but he just didn't want to do it.
By Sharky58
Yeah that Louis Tully guy.... He didnt want to be part of it because he stated that he has retired from acting. From what I read. the movie has referance of him. The Contatment Unit has the Keymaster and Gate Keeper writen on it.

I am aware everyone else showed up. But they could have kept their roles and just stay on the story line. Like. say, what would they be doing 27 years AFTER Ghostbusters 2?

But Paul threw all that away and screwed some of that up by making a remake. Honestly. it wouldnt have to be a remake but it would be more of a 3rd film. That was my option.
By 80sguy
DarkSpectre wrote:Yeah he basically said it made no sense and didn't want to be shoe horned in.
To be clear, he said it made no sense for him to do one day of shooting for something he did years ago. It's nothing about being "shoe horned in", he's just very picky. Hell, he didn't even voice his own character on that new Bob and Doug cartoon.

He's not really retired either as much as taking it low. Most of his recent work was small local things, nothing big. He's been offered parts over the years, but said they just didn't interest him.
By SpaceBallz
He's not retired anymore, his kids have grown up. He's picky about what he does now, I'm hoping he signs onto Spaceballs 2.
By Photon Guy
Sharky58 wrote:Yeah that Louis Tully guy.... He didnt want to be part of it because he stated that he has retired from acting. From what I read. the movie has referance of him. The Contatment Unit has the Keymaster and Gate Keeper writen on it.

I am aware everyone else showed up. But they could have kept their roles and just stay on the story line. Like. say, what would they be doing 27 years AFTER Ghostbusters 2?

But Paul threw all that away and screwed some of that up by making a remake. Honestly. it wouldnt have to be a remake but it would be more of a 3rd film. That was my option.
I like to think of the video game as the 3rd story of the Ghostbusters. I say story not film because it isn't a film its a video game but it is a story nonetheless about the Ghostbusters which takes place after the 2nd film. Im not sure if this is canonical but I like to think of it as such.

Anyway what I would've wanted to see as a 3rd film 27 years later is the original Ghostbusters are all retired and they have opened a ghost busting school where they all teach. It could show the next lineage of Ghostbusters and ghost busting students and they could call it "Ghostbuster Academy." I've heard that it might sound too much like, "Police Academy," but I like the idea.
By Photon Guy
SpaceBallz wrote:He's not retired anymore, his kids have grown up. He's picky about what he does now, I'm hoping he signs onto Spaceballs 2.
I heard they were going to make a sequel to Spaceballs and the were going to call it, "Spaceballs 3 The Search For 2" but now with John Candy dead its unlikely.
By Sharky58
Yeah. i read that the Ghostbusters 2009 is actually taken place right after GB2. This time they bought a rookie onboard. I have that game for the Playstation 2. I just havent been able to play it much to go though the whole storyline. My console broke down after playing too much WWE Smackdown VS Raw simply because some moron stole my memory card with all my WWE saves and he had formated or deleted everything. Anyway. when I get my PS2 console fixed I may go back in playing Ghostbusters the video game.

While I do agree with Photon Guy about seeing the retired Ghostbusters holding a class to teach about ghosts and so forth. But what about the time where they have to go support themselves? In Extreme Ghostbusters, Peter, Ray and Wiston left and Egon stayed around. I think he was the mentor for the new team? Only in one episode. Peter, Ray and Wiston showed up so Egon went with them. They evenually decide to team up with all 8 ghostbusters together.

Egon could have been the one teaching all the classes. He could have a masters degree. Ray might have something like Egon but I think his role was just tne engineer?

On a side note. You like to say that Ghostbusters the Video game (2009) was like Ghostbusters 3. Not by film but on a story line. Its the same as having a Back to the Future the Video game. which takes place AFTER BTTF 3. Not on film but the storyline is just that.

As for Janine. she would have been a secretary for a law firm or something after being in all the Ghostbusters cartoons. But I dont think she was in the Extreme Ghostbusters?

Well thats just what we would be putting out minds together.

In Wikipedia it stated that Dan did ask Rick to come on board for the 3rd film. and Rick as the Louis Tully guy stated that he was disapointed with the second movie. and then said he has long retired from acting. He may be picky. just like Jim Currey who refused to star on sequals except one for Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Bill Murray was said to dislike sequals. But he has shown in a few if you looked them up.

I really wished I seen the GB 2016 film. but I will wait for it on DVD. Dont know how long it will take.
By Skyknight
Photon Guy wrote:
SpaceBallz wrote:He's not retired anymore, his kids have grown up. He's picky about what he does now, I'm hoping he signs onto Spaceballs 2.
I heard they were going to make a sequel to Spaceballs and the were going to call it, "Spaceballs 3 The Search For 2" but now with John Candy dead its unlikely.
John Candy has been gone for over 20 years, but many of the rumors about a second Spaceballs movie didn't start until much more recently!
By Photon Guy
Skyknight wrote:
Photon Guy wrote:
John Candy has been gone for over 20 years, but many of the rumors about a second Spaceballs movie didn't start until much more recently!
I heard the rumor about them making "Spaceballs 3 The Search For 2" from a friend in the early 90s, when John Candy was still alive.
By aevitale
Rick Moranis is a great actor, but if he wants to retire then let it be. Frankly, I missed him in the reboot, and it's sad knowing that he doesn't want to act anymore, but I can respect his choices. Life can be tough, so let it be.

I'll admit that it is sad to know that he's done, but we'll always know him as Louis, and and as Seymour in Little Shop.
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By Photon Guy
aevitale wrote:Rick Moranis is a great actor, but if he wants to retire then let it be. Frankly, I missed him in the reboot, and it's sad knowing that he doesn't want to act anymore, but I can respect his choices. Life can be tough, so let it be.

I'll admit that it is sad to know that he's done, but we'll always know him as Louis, and and as Seymour in Little Shop.
And as Dark Helmet.

I do wish they at least maybe made a reference to Louis Tully somewhere in the movie, maybe just mention the name Louis Tully as a tribute to his character. If Rick Moranis didn't want to be in the movie that's his choice but I think they should've at least mentioned his character somewhere.
By aevitale
Photon Guy wrote:
aevitale wrote:Rick Moranis is a great actor, but if he wants to retire then let it be. Frankly, I missed him in the reboot, and it's sad knowing that he doesn't want to act anymore, but I can respect his choices. Life can be tough, so let it be.

And as Dark Helmet.

I do wish they at least maybe made a reference to Louis Tully somewhere in the movie, maybe just mention the name Louis Tully as a tribute to his character. If Rick Moranis didn't want to be in the movie that's his choice but I think they should've at least mentioned his character somewhere.
Fair point. I mean they referenced so much, there could have been an ad or somethinh
Sav C liked this
If Spaceballs 2 is anything like that horrible cartoon series, than I'd rather that be a film that doesn't happen.
featofstrength liked this
By htmagic
MagicPrime wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:I like him in GB and love him in Spaceballs, but this is his best performance:

I know every song in this movie by heart.
Yes, but did you know the one that wrote the music for Little Shop of Horrors also wrote the music for the Little Mermaid?
In fact, Under the Sea and Somewhere it's Green have the same tune...
By htmagic
Travis Burrell wrote:I hope you guys didn't forget about this.....

https://youtu.be/XB7R0ZxNgC4

Did you see the original movie?
A very young Jack Jack Nicholson plays that role.
I thought it was the only good thing about the original movie.
In this case, the sequel was better than the original movie...
JurorNo.2 liked this
By featofstrength
htmagic wrote:

For the most part, but as a fan of the original movie and stage musical, I like the downer ender and morality lesson.

Wish they had been able to intercut scenes from the original ending within the theatrical cut...maybe Seymour envisioning the worst as the salesman is trying to sell him on the idea of the clippings). Pretty spectacular effects. Oh, well..the addition of "Mean Green Mother" more than makes up for it.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By JurorNo.2
htmagic wrote:

That's the one my Dad grew up with. I do kinda like the more wry sense of humor. Plus the ending is pretty creepy!

The musical's great too, although I always end up thinking of my High School drama club's production and a couple of annoying divas, lol. Still, we did have a professional puppeteer come in to play the plant, he's worked with the Muppets!

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]