Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By JurorNo.2
Yes, we're reduced to pointing and laughing at...stickers. That's the fanbase, folks.
By featofstrength
mrmichaelt wrote:<Looks at bunch of new posts since started thread> I wouldn't have guessed this is where the conversation would be at. :whatever:
You were expecting more fanfare for socks, steelbooks, and cutting room floor clips?

I'm sure the extended cut will make the whole sooo much better, just like Batman V Superman.
Oh, also...apparently you can polish a turd:
Last edited by featofstrength on August 31st, 2016, 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
By JurorNo.2
I was expecting less desperation than, "ZOMG, a sticker showing critics liked the movie! That is so lame. Bwahashaha!"
By JurorNo.2
featofstrength wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:I was expecting less desperation than, "ZOMG, a sticker showing critics liked the movie! That is so lame. Bwahashaha!"
If it is a sticker...
Is that the wrong pronoun or something?
By featofstrength
JurorNo.2 wrote:
featofstrength wrote:
If it is a sticker...
A preprint would be especially lame, even on the slipcover. Peeling it off is one thing...who wants that permanently branded on their collectibles?
By JurorNo.2
featofstrength wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
A preprint would be especially lame, even on the slipcover. Peeling it off is one thing...who wants that permanently branded on their collectibles?
Why not? Should RT go under someday, that preprint or whatever will have historical significance!
By JurorNo.2
MagicPrime wrote:The back-cover quote is a much more questionable choice on behalf of sony than the RT sticker.
Well I mean, can we agree "as funny" isn't as controversial as "funnier than"?
Kingpin liked this
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote:Screw all that noise: I want to know what kind of socks I get when I preorder! :love:
You mean are they 100% Cotton?
By MagicPrime
https://video-cdn.buzzfeed.com/8049/mp4 ... 1472252121

Buzzfeed has released one of the 'Deleted Scenes' in the Hyperlink above.

I am sure that a few of you will say this is hilarious and would have really fit well and helped the movie. Personally, I think this is a perfect example of the humor of this movie drawing on waaaaaay too long and trampling whatever jokes they are trying to conjure. YMMV.
By JurorNo.2
MagicPrime wrote:https://video-cdn.buzzfeed.com/8049/mp4 ... 1472252121

I am sure that a few of you will say this is hilarious and would have really fit well and helped the movie. Personally, I think this is a perfect example of the humor of this movie drawing on waaaaaay too long and trampling whatever jokes they are trying to conjure. YMMV.
Um, no, the movie was helped by losing this scene. I agree it's an example of that drawn out humor you see a lot lately on SNL and late night talk shows. I was actually glad to see very little of that in the theatrical version of this movie. So yeah, this is just one of those curiosities that's better off on the cutting room floor. Right next to Venkman's a-little-too-creepy "You don't say hi?" line. Or maybe a better comparison is the deleted scene where Venkman stands up to the Dean; that's an example of a belabored moment. It was way better in the theatrical version when Venkman has no defense for himself.

I will say I did laugh at Abby's "No!! None of that!" I've never seen a McCarthy movie but I can see why she's popular.
MonaLS liked this
By Alphagaia
Interesting, looks like one of the cut extended/alternate scenes. So he was her boyfriend and did not help her when she got fired? Was it his apartment she went to after Rowan ghostified himself?

I can see why they cut the whole character though, especially as she is all into Kevin.
Too bad, I like that actor, but I only know him from Weeds.
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote:Was it his apartment she went to after Rowan ghostified himself?
I would like that explained, because my first thought was, "Is that a hotel room?" Lol, once again an example of Erin living beyond her apparent means.
By Alphagaia
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Was it his apartment she went to after Rowan ghostified himself?
I would like that explained, because my first thought was, "Is that a hotel room?" Lol, once again an example of Erin living beyond her apparent means.
Maybe Erin and Abby had a falling out after the incident, perhaps they had a similar argument after Heis falling out the window, which caused her to distance herself again just like before. Would fit story and themewise.
Last edited by Alphagaia on September 2nd, 2016, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Travis Burrell
Alphagaia wrote:Screw all that noise: I want to know what kind of socks I get when I preorder! :love:
Unfortunately the gift pack wont be available until a couple days after Christmas according to the one source I read. Lame!

Im hoping that comes out sooner. lol. Wont matter really though. I already preordered my 4k/3d/Blu-ray/digital copy that I will see in a month. I will have to take back my preorder blu ray digital copy only version I purchased prior.
By GBfan_CH
That deleted scene was fine. I'm not sorry I watched it. Added nothing to the story, though, so it was right to be cut. :walterpeck:

IGN is reporting the 3D bluray as coming out this month in the US (September), but Amazon says no UK release until start of November. Anyone know any better? Because that's a pretty long wait for the Brits of which I am one...
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2 liked this
By Alphagaia
Commander_Jim wrote:
MagicPrime wrote:https://video-cdn.buzzfeed.com/8049/mp4 ... 1472252121

Wow. Is this deleted scene part of the Blu Ray extended cut? If it is I think I'm going to have to lower my rating for the film..

While I liked the clip well enough, and also for story potential, it is not known yet if this clip will be added to the extended movie or can be found between the 8 clips on the second dvd.
By mrmichaelt
GBfan_CH wrote:That deleted scene was fine. I'm not sorry I watched it. Added nothing to the story, though, so it was right to be cut. :walterpeck:

IGN is reporting the 3D bluray as coming out this month in the US (September), but Amazon says no UK release until start of November. Anyone know any better? Because that's a pretty long wait for the Brits of which I am one...
They've only announced the U.S. dates as far as I've seen. For us, the digital release is September 27 then the physical release (DVD, Blu, 4K etc.) is October 11.
Travis Burrell wrote:Unfortunately the gift pack wont be available until a couple days after Christmas according to the one source I read. Lame!
That's just a placeholder date sites like Walmart tends to do until they update post PR.
Commander_Jim wrote:Wow. Is this deleted scene part of the Blu Ray extended cut? If it is I think I'm going to have to lower my rating for the film..
It should be one of the deleted scenes in the special features, not part of the 15 minutes added on to the movie itself.
By Travis Burrell
I wouldnt be surprised if the
This Post Contains Spoilers
is part of the extended.
Alphagaia liked this
By GBfan_CH
Travis Burrell wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if the
is part of the extended.
Travis Burrell liked this
By Travis Burrell
GBfan_CH wrote:
Travis Burrell wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if the
is part of the extended.

That's the best part. I LOVE that song. lol. I mean I hate dance numbers and musicals but that was just the positive energy and awesomeness I loved about the movie was that song. lol.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By GBfan_CH
Agreed the song is good. Much of the soundtrack is actually tho not all. It's up there with the GB2 soundtrack as a mix of enjoyable cheese and throwaway b-sides.

I'm assuming that song wouldn't be the one used for the dance number. Didn't the leaks say it was something from the 70s?
Alphagaia liked this
By Just Russ
JurorNo.2 wrote:
In the book it was explained that Erin was funding the whole Ghostbusters project. She didn't have tenure, but she was getting paid pretty well and saved just about everything. It wasn't so much that supporting four people and a new business would be easy at all, though, so that's why finances are so tight.
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia liked this
By JurorNo.2
Just Russ wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
In the book it was explained that Erin was funding the whole Ghostbusters project. She didn't have tenure, but she was getting paid pretty well and saved just about everything. It wasn't so much that supporting four people and a new business would be easy at all, though, so that's why finances are so tight.
Thanks!! I should get around to reading that book.
By timeware
If they added the clip up to 13 second mark before Erin gets shouted across the street it would have been nice to see how they got the uniforms. The rest is almost a copy of the Peter/Dana scene in the original film.

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]