Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Sav C
Finally I'll get to see it. My theater did end up getting it, but it was only two screenings over two days, so unfortunately I blinked and missed it! Found out the day after that they had gotten it, about two weeks ago now.
By mrmichaelt
Alphagaia wrote:I really like the art on that one.Did not know that one was region free! I'm gonna order one right now! Thx!
Zavvi's Steelbooks are always usually region free. You just have to double check the product details - makes sure it says Region-Free, All Regions, or A,B,C. The standard Blu and DVDs might only be Region B and 2.
Skyknight wrote:December, 5th in Germany, or I could get it from the UK on November, 21st. UK is technically Europe so it should run on a german PS3, right?

My tv is only HD ready, so I won't need the 4k or 3D version. So I guess the regular 2-Discs blu-ray is the way to go?
I think so. Again, I'm not 100% sure. It should all be on PAL and use the HDMI connection. I don't have my PS3 anymore to test it myself.
Kingpin liked this
By Zharthaddeus
Okay, I've seen the 3D version at the theater but have no plans in owning
the DVD release.
By B-Rad
Does anyone happen to know if the 4k set if bought at target comes with the extra disc? I stopped to pick it up this morning and the sticker saying there was an extra disc was only on the Blu Ray and not on the DVD or 4k Bundle set.
By zeta otaku
Grabbed the Best Buy steelbook version... I DEFINITELY want to make my own edit of the film. There's some things in the theatrical version I preferred over the extended edition and vice versa. Still very pleased with the purchase :D
By mrmichaelt
Rowan's Manifesto is an easter egg in the Blu-Ray's menu. Go to the second gag reel, highlight it, and press up. Slimer appears and the feature starts.
B-Rad wrote:Does anyone happen to know if the 4k set if bought at target comes with the extra disc? I stopped to pick it up this morning and the sticker saying there was an extra disc was only on the Blu Ray and not on the DVD or 4k Bundle set.
Just the Blu-Ray.
By JurorNo.2
Sav C wrote:Saw it last night, and I must say it was awesome! I enjoyed it a lot, probably 7/10 stars. I'll post my review soon.
Awesome, I look forward to it!
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By JurorNo.2
Might be screening it for my parents this weekend (at their request). This should be interesting! Wow, I just realized they were my age when the original came out!
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By Sav C
On the Bluray the effects tend to spill out onto the black bars on top and bottom, so it's not true anamorphic. Did this happen in the theaters?
By Alphagaia
Sav C wrote:On the Bluray the effects tend to spill out onto the black bars on top and bottom, so it's not true anamorphic. Did this happen in the theaters?
Yes, it was a great enhancement for the 3d effects.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
What did you think of it while viewing it in 2D? I found it a bit distracting to be honest, but I can see how it would've looked good in 3D.
Last edited by Sav C on October 13th, 2016, 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Alphagaia
Sav C wrote:What did you think of it while viewing it in 2D? I found it a bit distracting to be honest, but I can see how it would've looked good in 3D.
Yeah, in the cinema I only saw it in 3D and the Amazon version did not have it I believe, so I cannot answer that one yet. Still waiting on the steel book the become available again so I can order it!
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Alphagaia wrote:Yeah, in the cinema I only saw it in 3D and the Amazon version did not have it I believe, so I cannot answer that one yet. Still waiting on the steel book the become available again so I can order it!
Cool. I don't believe I own any movie steel books.
By Zharthaddeus
I'm not familiar with 'steel book'.
How is it different?
By Zharthaddeus
Okay, I think I got it now.
Steel Book is a fancy covering, depicted with a
different movie image to sell as a collectible.
I never knew that before. I always saw it in
'Buy Buy' ads.
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Sav C wrote:Saw it last night, and I must say it was awesome! I enjoyed it a lot, probably 7/10 stars. I'll post my review soon.
Watched the theatrical cut last night, and actually enjoyed it more than the extended cut. There were a few lines they cut that were funny (specifically the "double negative joke") but other than that the scenes they cut were the only ones that I didn't like. The beginning is better getting off to a faster start, it's more suspenseful.

Extended: Tentative 7/10
Theatrical: 8/10
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2 liked this
By JurorNo.2
This is getting to be an OCD thing with you guys at this point. ;) It's not the end of the world if this movie has some victories.
By DarkSpectre
No more that the ATC Defense hotline making claims about perceived victories ;) I have no qualms in saying that I'm ready for this thing to fall quietly into the background like Extreme GB has. But at this point I think we should all take the "agree to disagree" route since the back and forth will get none of us anywhere.
By JurorNo.2
DarkSpectre wrote:I'm ready for this thing to fall quietly into the background
Get used to disappointments.
By JurorNo.2
Lol. OCD, I'm telling you. (And I can say that, because I have it too. ;) )

And all this because I post one little article. Hm.
By EJLambert
JurorNo.2 wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:I'm ready for this thing to fall quietly into the background
Get used to disappointments.
You mean like life in general? Done.
JurorNo.2 liked this

I have this week commenced my most ambitious proje[…]

I haven't had Xbox Live for a while, but I'm consi[…]

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]