Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/cultur ... ween-giant

video clip:
http://www.mrctv.org/videos/south-park- ... et-over-it
"Fellow students, as you know, an Internet troll by the name of skankhunt42 has been harassing women and girls by making degrading comments on our school message board. The girls are very upset, and many male students believe that it's just because girls don't have a sense of humor. I beg to disagree. Girls rule. Women are funny. Get over it. Just the other day in the hallway, I heard two male students saying how the new "Ghostbusters" sucked balls. I was shocked and appalled. It is time for us all to realize and accept that girls are cool and women are funny. "
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia, SpaceBallz and 3 others liked this
Sav C wrote:...And now the song about uncles is stuck in my head :D

I wonder what Beavis and Butthead would think of the reboot.
Heck I wonder what Mystery Science Theatre 3000 would think of the Reboot. Has His/he done a how it should have ended yet?
MST3K reviews campy movies that take themselves too seriously. GB16 isn't trying to be serious, hence there's nothing for MST3K to pick at.
JurorNo.2 wrote:MST3K reviews campy movies that take themselves too seriously. GB16 isn't trying to be serious, hence there's nothing for MST3K to pick at.
Ohhh I dunno about that, they riffed "Hobgoblins" which definitely didn't take itself too serious. They run a website called Rifftrax which provides commentary for any popular film, I bet GB16 will get a treatment soon.
Keep in mind that Paul Feig is a friend of Joel Hodgson, so by proxy, he's friends with the rest of the MST3K cast. They have shown support for the reboot, especially Bill Corbet.
SpaceBallz wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:MST3K reviews campy movies that take themselves too seriously. GB16 isn't trying to be serious, hence there's nothing for MST3K to pick at.
Ohhh I dunno about that, they riffed "Hobgoblins" which definitely didn't take itself too serious. They run a website called Rifftrax which provides commentary for any popular film, I bet GB16 will get a treatment soon.
GB16 has as many groanworthy attempts at humor as say "Deathstalker and the Warriors from Hell" and "Quest of the Delta Knights," so why not?

The MST3K reboot is to my wife what the GB reboot is to me...
Man, I dislike Patton Oswalt...and Felicia Day... and...
I have to take time to watch this episode. So far I love in this small bit how they manage to ridicule both sides of the story. The school message board replacing the internet and all the controversy it causes and how all parties misinterpret and/or troll each other is such a nice zinger to the whole situation.
SpaceBallz wrote:
Funny you should say that, I've often thought MST3K didn't give enough credit to Hobgoblins' attempts at wry humor ("I'll limp," lol).
Alphagaia wrote:I have to take time to watch this episode. So far I love in this small bit how they manage to ridicule both sides of the story. The school message board replacing the internet and all the controversy it causes and how all parties misinterpret and/or troll each other is such a nice zinger to the whole situation.
I knew from the beginning South Park would come through in that way. They don't let anyone off the hook. :D
Alphagaia, Sav C, deadderek liked this
One would think it would be an honor to have either Weird al parody your song or MST3k go after your movie. If you cant stand critics your not in the right business as a director.

Friends as critics means your getting the most brutally honest critique possible. If Joel is afraid of losing Paul's friendship over MSt3K treatment then Paul doesn't really have a sense of humor.
That would be like if MST3K decided to heckle SNL's "Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger" sketch. There's nothing to mock if your subject is already doing the mocking. MST3K goes after movies that don't realize they're amusing. MST3K would be more at home taking jabs at Batman v Superman or Independence Day 2.
Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote:O god ID2 so lost me after the corny generic plot device sphere started setting up the sequel halfway through the movie.

A shame, the arrival and end fight were not half bad, imo.
That's one thing about GB16, they didn't let any plans they might have had for a sequel hijack the movie in the here and now.
Sav C liked this
timeware wrote:One would think it would be an honor to have either Weird al parody your song or MST3k go after your movie. If you cant stand critics your not in the right business as a director.

Friends as critics means your getting the most brutally honest critique possible. If Joel is afraid of losing Paul's friendship over MSt3K treatment then Paul doesn't really have a sense of humor.
People unfortunately take sides when their ideals maybe threatened. Plus as Hank Azaria said in The Mystery Men "what will the Bridge Club say". :mrgreen:
ghostJAR wrote:Just saw the two newest episodes of South Park. I'm loving it!

Butter's summed it up so well.

"That's how the world works now. You get blamed for the group you belong to. Even if you didn't do nothing."
Thing is, sometimes not doing anything is the problem.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
ghostJAR wrote:Just saw the two newest episodes of South Park. I'm loving it!

Butter's summed it up so well.

"That's how the world works now. You get blamed for the group you belong to. Even if you didn't do nothing."
Thing is, sometimes not doing anything is the problem.
You mean by not supporting the GB reboot?
pferreira1983 liked this
Trolls feed on righteous indignation.
You could do what Melissa Mccarthy and Paul Fieg both say at around 4:40 in this interview. Ignore them. Praise real fans and don't lump all men in with trolls. The opposite of what Sony marketing did with this film.
Engaging trolls only gives them a platform.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]