Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
http://heatst.com/entertainment/ghostbu ... le-reboot/

But director Paul Feig seems to be pinning the blame on the much-loved original 1984 movie. “We had such a reverence for it,” Feig said promoting the movie at the Apple Store in SoHo, Manhattan, “and when we were at the heart of everyone being so angry at us, ‘[it was like] just wait and see the movie’! There are so many references to the old film — there might be too many.”

“I understand some people are mad it wasn’t a sequel,” Feig said. “I more have a problem with the people that are mad because the cast are women. They gotta deal with that themselves.”

He added: “We had the Ecto 1, proton packs, the traps, the logo and the song — no way were we going to make it without the song. We were almost afraid we were too reverential. You’ve seen properties that have the classic song but don’t play it in the sequel. We knew that when we did opening sequence credits and we didn’t play it, you can’t start the film. So it had to be Ray Parker’s song!”

Feig just doesn't get it.
deadderek liked this
Clickbait. Paul only says he might have overdone with too many referances (which was something Ivan also really wanted, by the way). Journalist spins it into that headline.

It's just yet another example of the Press warping things around this movie to get a nice headline to get some views.
devilmanozzy, JurorNo.2, MonaLS and 4 others liked this
gdonovan wrote:All the references to the original movie just enraged the fans who wanted a decent sequel.

I have seen "ATC" twice now; my opinion of it having a weak story and being poorly directed is unchanged.

He was simply the wrong director for the job of bringing Ghostbusters back to the big screen.

Which is your opinion and that's completely fine, but the naming of this topic is just as bad and truth spinning as the headline of the article.

I don't mind a good debate, and it's good to see other people point of view, but this is just movieshaming and inventing truths to suit ones view. And this kind of behaviour is going on for quite some time.
Last edited by Alphagaia on October 18th, 2016, 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
devilmanozzy liked this
gdonovan wrote:
Alphagaia wrote: Which is your opinion and that's completely fine, but the naming of this topic is just as bad and truth spinning as the headline of the article.
Naming of the topic is the headline of the linked story.
That does not disproof my point, but it does disproof yours.
devilmanozzy liked this
Alphagaia wrote:
gdonovan wrote:
Naming of the topic is the headline of the linked story.
How so? Fieg does admit that "There are so many references to the old film — there might be too many.” and "“We had to tell our own origin story and make a movie for a new generation."

Then do so. Instead he made a weak reboot which made few people happy.

If information from this interview have already been covered under another subject line moderators feel free to lock the thread, I don't wish to retread old ground.
gdonovan wrote:All the references to the original movie just enraged the fans who wanted a decent sequel.
And delighted a lot of other fans. No one has the monopoly on reception here. ;)
devilmanozzy, Alphagaia, MonaLS and 3 others liked this
gdonovan wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:
How so? Fieg does admit that "There are so many references to the old film — there might be too many.” and "“We had to tell our own origin story and make a movie for a new generation."
Because he never blames the original movie for the failure of this movie. All he says there 'might' even be too many references to the old film. Not even hinting at the quality of either.

Saying there 'might' be too many references to the old movie is a far cry from 'blames old movie for GB16 flop'. If you don't understand the leap the journalist took with that bit of an interview he took from an Q&A I think we are done here.
JurorNo.2 liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
And delighted a lot of other fans. No one has the monopoly on reception here. ;)
It cratered in theaters, this is beyond dispute. I liked Dredd (and the one with Stallone too) which despite my fondness does not translate into more sequels.

I'm glad some fans are happy, it did not have the financial success required to relaunch a major franchise.

Are you here to argue that Fieg didn't say what he said? Or arguing for the sake of argument?
BatDan wrote:I think the latter, Juror and Alpha are like the dynamic duo for the 'ATC Defense Hotline", they wont rest until ATC is as universally loved as Howard the Duck.
Lol, stop overreacting so much and the hotline will be unplugged. You guys are just annoyed you can't have a safe space to hate a movie.
Alphagaia wrote:I don't mind them hating the movie,there are enough legit reasons to.
No need to fabricate lies out of thin air, though. As the people who are movieshaming are quite fond of it seems.
They don't just want to hate the movie, they want to go unchallenged.
Lol, stop overreacting so much and the hotline will be unplugged. You guys are just annoyed you can't have a safe space to hate a movie.
I have my reasons for being critical of Feig. The first is his lack of defense for the fans who supported 2016 during the onslaught of vicious fem bloggers. They didn't just go after the actual misogynists they roped all male GB fans into one hate group.

The second is the unwillingness to admit they used many, many ideas from Real Ghostbusters. I thought the movie was okay, kind of liked it a little bit. I'm not movie shaming just to movie shame.

Speaking of the Man of Steel i'd like to see them use the CW version of Superman in the movies from now on. It's a shame we only get him for two episodes.

Also while on the subject suiting Hemsworth as Captain Steel would have been an interesting way to show how Ghosts can affect reality. I wonder if that idea came up but they felt his character would have been to male for the 2016 sequel?
timeware wrote:

The second is the unwillingness to admit they used many, many ideas from Real Ghostbusters. I thought the movie was okay, kind of liked it a little bit. I'm not movie shaming just to movie shame.
Funny as that is the exact reason I liked the reboot. Just saying.
Razorgeist, Sav C liked this
EJLambert wrote: Funny as that is the exact reason I liked the reboot.
I'd like to ask, in your opinion, has it been worth it? I mean with all the angst we've put up with the past few months and all. I'd genuinely like to know what you think. And I don't just mean "Is the movie worth it?" I mean the overall experience.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
EJLambert wrote: Funny as that is the exact reason I liked the reboot.
I'd like to ask, in your opinion, has it been worth it? I mean with all the angst we've put up with the past few months and all. I'd genuinely like to know what you think. And I don't just mean "Is the movie worth it?" I mean the overall experience.
For myself, sure. I actually haven't ran into people out in the real world that are spittingg venom all over the movie unlike the comment sections on Facebook and the like. Most people are polite in person about their dislike of things.
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
EJLambert wrote:
timeware wrote:
Funny as that is the exact reason I liked the reboot. Just saying.
Yeah me too. If it borrowed stylistically from RGB Im damn happy.

Sorry but Im with Juror this is just a misrepresenting clickbait article.
JurorNo.2, Kingpin liked this
gdonovan wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:

Then do so. Instead he made a weak reboot which made few people happy.

If information from this interview have already been covered under another subject line moderators feel free to lock the thread, I don't wish to retread old ground.
All this thread is doing is getting you on more users blacklists. -Hint- -hint- find something better to talk about if you hate the film so much.
Alphagaia liked this
devilmanozzy wrote:All this thread is doing is getting you on more users blacklists.
I don't care.
-Hint- -hint- find something better to talk about if you hate the film so much.
Just passing along a link found in my morning rounds, if you don't like the contents don't click on it or even bother opening the thread.
SpaceBallz liked this
LandoSystem wrote:
EJLambert wrote: Funny as that is the exact reason I liked the reboot. Just saying.
It's what I liked about it, too.
The first thing I said after I saw it was, "It was a fine Real Ghostbusters film."
I'm not upset about them using Real Ghostbusters references it would just be nice to see them admit it. How they settled on Rowan as a villain after so many better candidates is the $300 million dollar question.
EJLambert wrote:I actually haven't ran into people out in the real world that are spittingg venom all over the movie
Probably the most honest opinion I've heard of the reboot came from a 50 year old woman that said "Eh...there's a comedy in there somewhere. But it's not our Ghostbusters."
pferreira1983 liked this
BatDan wrote:I think the latter, Juror and Alpha are like the dynamic duo for the 'ATC Defense Hotline", they wont rest until ATC is as universally loved as Howard the Duck.
Just had to share, I'm so glad Reitman has left Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II alone (not that I care about the tweaks to Star Wars, I couldn't tell you what the differences are.)
savintheday, MonaLS liked this
I'm not even a Star Wars fan and that pisses me off! Making alternate versions with revisions or updates is all well and good, but make the original theatrical releases available as well. Don't lock 'em away in a vault.

As far as I know, the unaltered originals were last released on VHS like 15 years ago? Then they add a bunch of CGI bullshit, change scenes around and retitle them as "Parts IV thru VI" for the DVD releases? That's a crime against the history of cinema.

Lucas is either a certified genius or an authentic whacko.
Sav C, JurorNo.2, deadderek and 1 others liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]