Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Tyko
Amen!
Peter33vr wrote:You can file it in the "Sony was too afraid to let Feig do a truly complete reboot and messed everything" folder.
Interesting. So did someone at Sony prevent Feig in some way from doing a "complete reboot"?
Just Russ wrote: As far as using the word "toxic," I don't think it's used incorrectly. You're right, you used to be able to just not like a movie, but people are so keen on spreading their distaste for it that they're crossing boundaries and insulting other people's tastes, likes, attitudes, and attributes that have nothing to do with the original disagreement and that would be toxic. To me, it means that arguments and debates aren't sectioned-off fairly and spread too easily to other aspects of people's lives like acid eating at everything.
It's pitiable if people want to claim that it affects them in that way...still overused and a tad bit overdramatic, IMO.

As far as safe spaces go for the boot around here? Maybe the prop forums. I mean, even if the equipment designs don't do it for some, I don't think I've seen anyone discouraging builds. Quite encouraging actually. I may like the original gear better, but I like seeing what people bring to the table in making the new stuff as well.

Except for that car...cant say the same for the car. :love:
HunterCC wrote:
Peter33vr wrote:You can file it in the "Sony was too afraid to let Feig do a truly complete reboot and messed everything" folder.
Interesting. So did someone at Sony prevent Feig in some way from doing a "complete reboot"?
There were rumours of Sony messing around since middle production, plus Feig himself stated that he had to fight to maintain some scenes/jokes.

His pitch depicted the Ghostbusters as a sort of secret MIB-like organization, a different villain, almost an overall scarier tone. He ended up doing a pale carbon copy of the first movie with very little bits changed.

You should hear how they dubbed it in Italian....I don't know if Adam Sandler could do any worse. No wonder here it came unnoticed.
HunterCC liked this
By HunterCC
Peter33vr wrote:
HunterCC wrote:
There were rumours of Sony messing around since middle production, plus Feig himself stated that he had to fight to maintain some scenes/jokes.

His pitch depicted the Ghostbusters as a sort of secret MIB-like organization, a different villain, almost an overall scarier tone. He ended up doing a pale carbon copy of the first movie with very little bits changed.

You should hear how they dubbed it in Italian....I don't know if Adam Sandler could do any worse. No wonder here it came unnoticed.
Went to Rome a couple days last summer. While all the residents were vacationing up North, I heard. Pretty neat.
Kingpin wrote:
Travis Burrell wrote:I feel like 85% of the members on this forum are against it.

99% of the kids who see this, love it and love dressing as a reboot and play with the new packs.

Im in it for the new generation. They are happy.
85% seems a little high. There've been notable opinions that were stated negatively about the film, but there was a lot of repeat posting by some of members, which I think has skewed the impression to be higher than it might've actually been. I think the larger proportion of members were either indifferent, or chose not to state an opinion either way.

So it's maybe more like*:

Liked: 19%
Disliked: 30%
Indifferent/did not state: 51%

* A really rough guess, not verified by an independent study.

Yeah. This is true. I do tend to exaggerate the crap out of things at times.
HunterCC wrote:For example, I can see a frequent movie-goer and some star trek fans hating Generations. It wasn't that good. I like it even though I hated some aspects of Kirk's death, because it was a decent ST film to me, it is part of the overall ST story, and I love ST in general so I am a lot more forgiving. I wouldn't call people who say Generations sucked "toxic", just different opinion, and wrong in my opinion, but they are entitled to it. I don't see as much respect or credence given to others opinions these days especially on the internet. Everything must be a fight to the death where if they disagree with someone, they must be "toxic", bad, evil, unredeemable. It didn't used to be that way.
It's more the fact if it's a film I like and is generally a good film I don't want to go to IMDB to talk about it if every single post on screen has titles like "Boy this film sucks", "Oh look I found a plothole, aren't I clever", "I want to be cool so this film sucks" and "This film has such a lame ending", then I remember the Borg Queen being gassed in First Contact and everyone is okay with what's actually a more underwhelming ending to a crappier movie. Then of course I go to the Willy Wonka the Chocolate Factory board after re-watching the movie in years and people are coming up with over analyzed conspiracy theories as to why the film is actually a horror movie akin to the seven deadly sins instead of y'know A FUN FAMILY MOVIE!!! :roll: I have learned to stay away from IMDB boards for films that get ganged up on.
JurorNo.2 liked this

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]