Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Commander_Jim
After a third viewing I have to say this cast has grown on on me and I'm rather fond of them. That's not to say I think the film was a good GB movie, but if they got a new director, one who said he wanted to make a film with a tone more in line with the original films but with this cast, I think I could get behind it. It'd never happen though, they're Feig's little troupe, I couldn't imagine that they'd return without him.
Alphagaia, SSJmole, Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Peter33vr wrote:Not really. I hope they dig up some existent script for Ghostbusters 3 and put it in the hand of a capable director.
And if fans don't like that either, can we expect more hacking?

Not to mention China isn't any more likely to accept a GB3. And I know how much you guys love to judge a movie by its box office.
By Alphagaia
Peter33vr wrote:Not really. I hope they dig up some existent script for Ghostbusters 3 and put it in the hand of a capable director.
I hope it's the script used for the animated feature, with Venkman and Spengler present. :-)
Sav C liked this
By Peter33vr
JurorNo.2 wrote:

Not to mention China isn't any more likely to accept a GB3. And I know how much you guys love to judge a movie by its box office.
Well, I happen to like movies who bombed at the BO and to dislike movies who've done great, so box office is not a quality factor for me.

I judged Gb16 after I saw it in both languages and I already gave my review.

My hope is to get a full closure of the original Ghostbusters story: I'd like to know what they're up nowaday.
Are they fully retired? All dead? Mentoring a new team? Trapped in an alternate reality where the Gbs are all female? Whatever they come up with I'll be happy.
Sav C, JurorNo.2, SpaceBallz liked this
By SSJmole
At this point Imo what they should do is keep the 2016 team for movies. Do a Netflix exclusive cartoon that adapts the idw comics bring back any actors to do voices you can. Any you can't use real ghostbusters casts or new voice actors.

Everyone wins
Sav C, JurorNo.2 liked this
By JurorNo.2
Peter33vr wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote: Well, I happen to like movies who bombed at the BO and to dislike movies who've done great, so box office is not a quality factor for me.
Fair enough, it's nice to see the mold being broken occasionally around here. :)
My hope is to get a full closure of the original Ghostbusters story: I'd like to know what they're up nowaday.
Are they fully retired? All dead? Mentoring a new team? Trapped in an alternate reality where the Gbs are all female? Whatever they come up with I'll be happy.
Fair enough, I mean, even now the idea gives me excitement. Even if a movie doesn't happen, I hope they can find a way to use the script again in some format.
Sav C liked this
By Peter33vr
Some years ago the Ghostbusters tried an alternate way to store trapped ghosts: send them in another dimension instead of using the old (and too little) containment unit. They ended up sucked in Feig York (sorry!).

Now the younger team has found a way to lure them back: Hell is breaking loose and they need all the help they can find!
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Peter33vr wrote:They ended up sucked in Feig York (sorry!).
So, Boston. :)
Now the younger team has found a way to lure them back: Hell is breaking loose and they need all the help they can find!
I like it, write it up! We can cut your deal later. 8)
Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
Kingpin wrote:
They were good for their time, but look as dated as the original King Kong and Clash of the Titans do today.
Of course the effects will date over time but they'll still look amazing years later which is why they were groundbreaking at the time. The Clash of the Titans remake has the benefit of more advanced technology but that doesn't mean the original doesn't look far superior today.
Kingpin wrote:I don't enjoy zero chemistry, hence my not enjoying George and Weena in the original. George definitely had personality, but she was (understandably from part of the context of the story, a blank slate).
I can't honestly say I was rooting for Guy Pierce or Samantha Mumba.
Kingpin wrote:I feel you're letting the movie nostalgia of the original Kong blinker you to the original Kong's flaws. It hasn't stood the test of time very well, and for it's flaws, even the 1970s Kong film had a more convincing giant ape.
The 70s Kong is my favourite version but even I realise the original 30s film was more groundbreaking in effects and the way they were directed. The effects in the 70s version of course were better but there's a reason people remember and like the original film more.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree whether the remake of The Time Machine or Total Recall is more bearable. :wink:
Sav C liked this
By Peter33vr
Peter33vr wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:

Well, I happen to like movies who bombed at the BO and to dislike movies who've done great, so box office is not a quality factor for me.

I judged Gb16 after I saw it in both languages and I already gave my review.

Seems like IDW is listening to me!!

In the new comic "Ghostbusters 101" the original Ghostbusters will travel to an alternate dimension to seek the help of every Ghostbusters they can find....guess who'll Answer the Call??
JurorNo.2, Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
Peter33vr wrote:In the new comic "Ghostbusters 101" the original Ghostbusters will travel to an alternate dimension to seek the help of every Ghostbusters they can find....guess who'll Answer the Call??
The Real Ghostbusters? :wink:
Peter33vr liked this
By SpaceBallz
I wonder if they are considering taking the comic book storyline and doing an animated movie with that same artwork.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By pferreira1983
SpaceBallz wrote:I wonder if they are considering taking the comic book storyline and doing an animated movie with that same artwork.
I must be one of the few people who prefers the original IDW artwork for the Ghostbusters to the cartoony ones of today.
By GBfan77
Ghostbusters 3 died when Ramis Passed away. I knew it the moment I heard of his death. I also knew that they'd go the reboot route. I don't think it was anything like a premonition but it was a pretty strong feeling.

Personally, I thought the Reboot film wasn't bad. It has some issues but it certainly isn't the childhood ruining catastrophic event all the haters said it would be. I would've loved to have seen a new Ghostbusters movie every two years or so rather than every twenty. I saw so much potential and it would be a shame if the franchise wasn't touched for another decade or more.
Sav C, JurorNo.2 liked this
By Kingpin
You may need to be a bit more specific, the first comic published by IDW in the Ghostbusters series if memory serves was The Other Side, which while technically competent, was a little unremarkable.

Displaced Aggression was a lot better than TOS, and would probably be my second favourite art style to Dan Schoening's.
By Skyknight
No offense, but if you think this:
looks better than this:
you clearly need new glasses! The artstyle of TOS looks good compared to RGB while the other does not!

I think that's the problem with lots of the new western cartoons that aired during the last 5-10 years. They look a lot less detailed and much more stylized than older cartoons. They only get away with it because the shows have good writing. But they figured if people care less about the art than the writing they can get away with more and more crappy styles! If the art of a 27 year old Ghostbusters cartoon looks more detailed than a current comic it's a clear sign that the trend goes into the wrong direction.

But only in the west. The Japanese don't do that. Their animation art became better and more detailed over the years.
Take this comparison shot of the 90's Sailor Moon vs the new Sailor Moon Crystal.
If a western studio had made a new Sailor Moon show today it would probably look like this:Image
From Kingpin's point of view this stylized version looks better than the original 90's version, right?
Except it doesn't! In the same way as Dan Schoenings "art" looks really ugly compared to the old RGB art!
pferreira1983 liked this
By Peter33vr
So The Other Side art is what you were saying is better than Dan`s art?

Or are there some early Schoening Gb comics who looks better the today ones?
By DarkSpectre
I've always preferred Dapper Dan's art. It's the Disney like visual quality that sells me. I'd love to have a new animated series based on his art written by the comic team. I'd also love new figures based on his art.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]