Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
To be honest I don't think many young kids watch Supergirl. Mostly teenagers if you ask me. Its content seemed a little too mature for kids.
So I mention she's a role model twice and it's seen unreasonable. My little niece and nephew do get to occasionally watch this show. They aren't teenagers, and one likes to run around in a cape watching it. I don't want to see them come across an image of their hero swearing and chanting inappropriate comments on the news.
Sav C, featofstrength liked this
timeware wrote:
I don't want to see them come across an image of their hero swearing and chanting inappropriate comments on the news.
Least of all the President, hehe.

Anyway, I get what you're saying. It just really depends on the child and the household.
Sav C liked this
timeware wrote:
To be honest I don't think many young kids watch Supergirl. Mostly teenagers if you ask me. Its content seemed a little too mature for kids.
So I mention she's a role model twice and it's seen unreasonable. My little niece and nephew do get to occasionally watch this show. They aren't teenagers, and one likes to run around in a cape watching it. I don't want to see them come across an image of their hero swearing and chanting inappropriate comments on the news.
I retract my statement.
What does the last two-three pages on here have to do with the topic at hand? Pro choice, pro life, feminism, Donald Trump and Supergirl don't have much to do with the topic.

Ah well. Off topic as the discussion may be, I'll dive in.
For the record I loved Melissa's sign. She's being a wonderful role model displaying how to voice concern when a President sexually abuses women and brags about it. I would be proud to educate my daughter on the issue. i'll never understand the male faction of the pro life movement. It's a woman's body and a woman's choice. Obviously it's a touchy subject but choice is never a bad thing.
zeta otaku, Sav C, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote:Meanwhile, young, impressionable children everywhere are safesearching the globe for one of those metallic kittens Supergirl loves so much. They are almost certain they must be Carpathian, mom!
Why beat the pavement when you can just Google "Melissa Benoist pussy" or "Supergirl pussy?" on your computer, tablet, or phone? It's the 21st century! The age of Amazon! I'm sure you can get them delivered to your door in under 2 days, kids!
RichardLess wrote:What does the last two-three pages on here have to do with the topic at hand? Pro choice, pro life, feminism, Donald Trump and Supergirl don't have much to do with the topic.
Did you have something to add to the original topic or........?
"Studios out of touch with their audiences." - go.
RichardLess wrote:What does the last two-three pages on here have to do with the topic at hand? Pro choice, pro life, feminism, Donald Trump and Supergirl don't have much to do with the topic.

For the record I loved Melissa's sign. She's being a wonderful role model displaying how to voice concern when a President sexually abuses women and brags about it. I would be proud to educate my daughter on the issue. i'll never understand the male faction of the pro life movement. It's a woman's body and a woman's choice. Obviously it's a touchy subject but choice is never a bad thing.
What about Bill Clinton's action against women while he was in office, and before he took office? People want to forget about that and a certain law case that Hillary defended as well.

Yes Bill is his own person but Hillary was running using his last name. She could have divorced him and run with her maiden name instead. I think she would have gained more support that way.

Trump and Hillary both aren't exactly free of scandal.
Well, it could be worse, here the kids want ponies now because of Trump.
Try and fit one of those in your windmill.

(Skip to 0:40 if you fail to comprehend our awesome language)

Also, not sure what Hillary or Bill have to do with this discussion: it still makes it an awfully bad remark. Saying the losing side is just as bad (or worse) does not make it OK.
Gotta love politics...
Sav C, seekandannoy liked this
Also, not sure what Hillary or Bill have to do with this discussion: it still makes it an awfully bad remark. Saying the losing side is just as bad (or worse) does not make it OK.
Gotta love politics...
It doesn't make it okay. I'm not trying to defend Trumps comments.
Both sides are equally guilty of mistreating women, however people want to ignore this and focus on Trump.
pferreira1983 liked this
Well, Hillary probably has some skeletons in her closet, but blaming her for her husbands misgivings of which he was already blamed for during his reign is a bit excessive.
Why drag this into a pot kettle argument when the people are marching for women rights, not because they want Hillary in the saddle instead? The elections are over.
seekandannoy liked this
Alphagaia wrote:But I agree, this audience is out of touch with the topic this thread was made for.
Personally I think this is all very helpful in demonstrating the atmosphere the reboot had to fight against. ;)
Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote:Well, Hillary probably has some skeletons in her closet, but blaming her for her husbands misgivings of which he was already blamed for during his reign is a bit excessive.
Why drag this into a pot kettle argument when the people are marching for women rights, not because they want Hillary in the saddle instead? The elections are over.
It's the hypocrisy. They are still trying to use Hillary as a symbol for women's rights ignoring how she treated the women who had accused her husband while he was in office. I think they can find a better spokesperson for their movement.
timeware wrote:

What about Bill Clinton's action against women while he was in office, and before he took office? People want to forget about that and a certain law case that Hillary defended as well.

Yes Bill is his own person but Hillary was running using his last name. She could have divorced him and run with her maiden name instead. I think she would have gained more support that way.

Trump and Hillary both aren't exactly free of scandal.
How is that relevant? Did Bill brag about it on tape? Did he constantly demean women during the campaign? Infidelity is not sexual abuse. I'm aware there were other allegations against him but bringing up a former president doesn't really matter does it? JFK also has his fair share of women on the side.
The fact that you are blaming Hilary for using Clinton's last name is egregious. It's not "his" last name. Once you get married you share a last name. What a disgusting statement.

Stop with this false equilvency non sense! Equating them by saying they aren't free off scandal is a gross exaggeration. Sexual assault, racism, sexism and potential forgeign influence are far more serious than anything Hiliary Clinton may or may not have done. And don't bring up her husband again. Just don't. That's grasping at straws. Trump is a disgusting human being. He bragged about sexual assault. He bragged about it, ok? There is no relevance to Hilary there.

I'm not a mod but how about we either stay on topic or move this to the general discussion area.
Alphagaia, Sav C, Kingpin liked this
To be fair, Clinton has been accused of worse things than infidelity. Not saying it's true, just saying it's a factor to consider, same as it is with Trump.

There really was no one to vote for this year, simple as that. And all the frustration and toxicity filtered into all aspects of society, including our entertainment (hint hint).
I know. I mentioned that there are other allegations against him. But again, we don't know the full truth. With trump? The actually bragged about it.

I'm not even American so I'm not sure why I care as much as I do. I just hate to see an evil person in a position of power
Kingpin liked this
How is that relevant? Did Bill brag about it on tape? Did he constantly demean women during the campaign? Infidelity is not sexual abuse. I'm aware there were other allegations against him but bringing up a former president doesn't really matter does it? JFK also has his fair share of women on the side.
The fact that you are blaming Hilary for using Clinton's last name is egregious. It's not "his" last name. Once you get married you share a last name. What a disgusting statement.

Stop with this false equilvency non sense! Equating them by saying they aren't free off scandal is a gross exaggeration. Sexual assault, racism, sexism and potential forgeign influence are far more serious than anything Hiliary Clinton may or may not have done. And don't bring up her husband again. Just don't. That's grasping at straws. Trump is a disgusting human being. He bragged about sexual assault. He bragged about it, ok? There is no relevance to Hilary there.

I'm not a mod but how about we either stay on topic or move this to the general discussion area.

Foreign influence comes to Hillary having unprotected servers in her basement with classified information on them. How do you think they got into Podesta's e-mails? For crying out loud you have Hillary sharing passwords with her aid Uma, and lord knows what her husband was able to see on her lap top.

Bill didn't brag about his affairs but he certainly embarrassed the country when he had one with Lewensky. He's still being accused of sleeping around and no one bothered to cover that woman he was kissing on the campaign trail.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3143335/bill-c ... -campaign/

The equivalency stuff isn't nonsense, both parties are guilty of the same kind of stuff. Why is It taboo to talk about Billary but it's perfectly fine to accuse Donald of the same thing?
featofstrength wrote:"Studios out of touch with their audiences." - go.
Well, all movies go through a test screening phase. The studios probably use those screenings to shape future movies as to make them more likable and whatnot. Perhaps they are struggling to find the balance that audiences like, but I don't think they are actually "out of touch".

If any studio is out of touch, it's probably Sony. GBATC was Sony's best performer at the box office, and it ranked #19. All of the other major studios (20th Century Fox, Disney, Paramount, Universal, and Warner Brothers) had at least one movie in the top 15 slots. To clarify though, that doesn't have to do with the quality of the movie! It just means the market wasn't hot at the time for it. Considering that, it still managed to rake in a very modest sum of $128,350,574.

On a side note, is there any website or other place to view the results of movie test screenings? I doubt it, but if there is it would be fun to see how some movies scored.
JurorNo.2 wrote:It's comedy. Someone has to be belittled, lol. And it's hardly the first time in the history of the planet that the joke has been on men. It's not the jokes that have changed, it's the audience. You guys are basically using a form of political correctness against the movie, dictating which protected group can't be made fun of.
No I'm saying it has no place in this movie franchise and I would think the films could be a bit more intelligent than that. :roll:
Alphagaia wrote:This really should be obvious.
I agree it should be obvious. A shame you don't get it.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Maybe the studios are out of touch with the audience, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. ;)
Hollywood needs all the help it can get. No, trust me, it's a bad thing!
RichardLess wrote:Can we please stop with the feminist stuff? I want to gouge my eyes out everytime I read that word. Feminism is a postive thing. Bringing it up in a negative connotation is ridiculous. I hated the reboot but I hate reading about fans hating the reboot because of feminism or some vast feminist vagina conspiracy even more! It's gotten to the point where I don't even read a post past the word "feminist". Let's move on. It's been talked to death.
It's okay, we forgive you. :mrgreen:
Alphagaia wrote:I mean, sure, you can always find bad eggs and people taking this to extremes, but to condemn the whole idea of Feminism because of this picture feels very closeminded.
Alpha if we let every single feminist complete power in the world the Earth would be a total mess. Then the only thing you'd have to say is "Whoops". :roll:
timeware wrote:That's why much of Feminism gets the negative spot light. I'm kind of disappointed that Supergirl is getting involved in politics it's one of my favorite shows.
It's okay, it's a rubbish show anyway. Helen Slater will always be the actual Supergirl, not this imposter. :wink:
Kingpin wrote:Again, I'm having a little difficultly wrapping my head around why it appears Benoist is the greater target for your displeasure than the man who originally said the remark. Trump opened that nasty door, and you seriously can't expect the women he objectified to just stand quietly in the background smiling politely.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Surely you should know this?
featofstrength wrote:Whew...that wasn't so bad! It was certainly easier than explaining the collateral damage and Superman killing in "Man of Steel!"
Yeah I get your annoyance. If you're going to accuse someone of something at least get to the point instead of dragging it out.
timeware wrote:So I mention she's a role model twice and it's seen unreasonable. My little niece and nephew do get to occasionally watch this show. They aren't teenagers, and one likes to run around in a cape watching it. I don't want to see them come across an image of their hero swearing and chanting inappropriate comments on the news.
I understand you. I was under the impression Superman and Supergirl were loved by kids. Guess I was wrong.
timeware wrote:What about Bill Clinton's action against women while he was in office, and before he took office? People want to forget about that and a certain law case that Hillary defended as well.
Simple answer: there was no social media back then and extreme political correctness. Today it would be a different story as has shown with Trump.
timeware wrote:It doesn't make it okay. I'm not trying to defend Trumps comments.
Both sides are equally guilty of mistreating women, however people want to ignore this and focus on Trump.
The problem is perspective. The Internet like it's followers have short attention spans. A lot who protest feminism against Trump are too young to even remember Bill Clinton. The Internet lacks perspective and is too reactionary. The media outrage over Answer The Call by so called 'male geek trolls' can be compared to the outrage following Trump being elected by 'feminist trolls'. See, perspective is needed a bit, simples really. :wink:
pferreira1983 wrote:No I'm saying it has no place in this movie franchise
I repeat, your type of political correctness is what has no place in this movie franchise.
Kingpin liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:Two wrongs don't make a right. Surely you should know this?
Benoist didn't do anything wrong but voice her opinion, and it's also ridiculous to suggest what she did is even remotely comparable to what Trump did. Celebrities who are raising a valid point of the normalisation of sexual assault, objectification etc. shouldn't be condemned to be "seen and not heard" just because it makes some people a little uncomfortable.

They apparently can't do it in films or television, and now apparently it's too much for them to be able to do it in their own time, just when are they supposed to be able to criticise that sort of culture? In an op-ed in the New York Times?
Sav C liked this

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]