Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
She is using the 'pussy' boast from Trump to say she will have none of it, while referring to her characters invulnerability to counter his demeanor behavior.

If you think that is vulgar or disgusting, that is exactly the point and she is agreeing with you.

Also, best not watch South Park.
seekandannoy liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:There's being disgusting and there's ruffling feathers in a way that gets attention. The Supergirl actress did the former. She comes across just as desperate as Ashley Judd.
You're getting righteously angry at the wrong person.
For the sake of the topic I'd suggest if you want to defend your position any further that we take it to private message from this point forward.
Alphagaia wrote:She is using the 'pussy' boast from Trump to say she will have none of it, while referring to her characters invulnerability to counter his demeanor behavior.

If you think that is vulgar or disgusting, that is exactly the point and she is agreeing with you.
An eye for an eye is being responsible?
Alphagaia wrote:Also, best not watch South Park.
Erm, without sounding like I'm being left out what does South Park have to do with this?
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:She is using the 'pussy' boast from Trump to say she will have none of it, while referring to her characters invulnerability to counter his demeanor behavior.

An eye for an eye is being responsible?
Alphagaia wrote:Also, best not watch South Park.
Erm, without sounding like I'm being left out what does South Park have to do with this?
It does not sugercoat a message.
timeware wrote:Didn't everything beat out independence day?
The list Juror posted is cool.

Looks to me like people bought copies of Force Awakens as collectibles and gifts (which explains stuff like the SW-OT and GOT S6 on the list), and then everything else is small potatoes with no idea what it cost production and retailing.

Still scratching my head how Fury Road and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY are so far down the list, but it's obviously a small sample size. Nowadays people stream legally or download illegally. Again, it's still an interesting list.
JurorNo.2 wrote:In answer to the thread's original question....Apparently not. :)

http://comicbook.com/2017/03/12/kids-ch ... f-winners/
From the box office, and faint praise of merchandising "clearance rack!" and dvd/ blu ray sales, it's doubtful enough kids saw GB16 to vote for it.

So the only audience Sony connected with GB16 was adults still arguing about it. Voting for it on Nickelodeon, kinda like we're still arguing about it here. LOL.

So Sony is still out of touch with the general public.
SpaceBallz, pferreira1983, deadderek and 1 others liked this
"Here, you enjoy this now." - Billion Dollar Hollywood Companies

Reality: ".....we should probably 'Hellraiser' this franchise so we don't lose the rights for the next 15 years, straight-to-DVD-style."
pferreira1983 liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:Hmm maybe this will prompt Sony to look into a sequel to GB:ATC
Based on what? Being popular at kids parties?! :shock:
Are you kidding, yes. Every studio exec wants to hear "The kids like it." And why put it down by saying "kids parties"? GB has always had a huge kids fanbase.

And studios do notice good publicity as well. A lot of struggling TV shows for instance were given a chance after winning Emmys early on.
Peter33vr wrote:http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-future-of-gh ... socialflow

Whoopsie, Reitman had a different opinion about where the story of Gb16 should have gone ?

Other live action movieS (emphasis on the S) in development?
I generally agree the movie would have been even better if the two universes connected. Do I think that justifies the way the fanbase overreacted? Nope. Them not going to see ATC has now made it that much harder for the studio to even consider trying again. DC fans keep going to everyone of their miserable movies because they know nothing will happen if they stay home.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
Honestly I say keep the original series separate (from the other live-action universes I mean, the comic crossover should be fun!) Everyone has a different idea of how the original series would've continued, a new live-action film would probably end up being a letdown for most people.
deadderek liked this
Apropos of, oh, nothing, but the Power Rangers reboot is currently at 45% on RT. The reboot of CHiPs at 28%.

Man, if only those numbers could go a little higher, like oh, 73, at least. :)
Sav C liked this
We'll see. I plan on seeing it next week and i'm a huge Power Rangers fan. We kind of predicted the introduction of the Green Ranger would be set up for the sequel in another topic. I was hoping that JDF would have played a teacher at Angel Grove high then as an after credit scene have him pick up the green ranger coin after the Rita battle.

They announced they would be basing the next movie off of the Green with Evil episodes so JDF being involved will probably be not likely.
JurorNo.2 liked this
I was a TMNT fan, I didn't appreciate Power Rangers butting in back in the day, hehe. But all kidding aside, I'm glad the fans are enjoying it. I'm just also glad ATC got more notice from critics. :)

Is Life the one with the hand? That looked interesting.
Peter33vr wrote:Whoopsie, Reitman had a different opinion about where the story of Gb16 should have gone ?
I'm not surprised since Reitman was left out of the whole thing.
JurorNo.2 wrote:DC fans keep going to everyone of their miserable movies because they know nothing will happen if they stay home.
I hate to say this but the DC movies do well. The hype after the new Justice League trailer came out has been big.
JurorNo.2 wrote:The perceived political activism, yes. :)
'Perceived' as in actually happened yeah.
Alphagaia wrote:Eh, still gonna watch the Rangers Powering to make up my own mind.
The colour palette looks dull, the CGI is awful and blurry. I guess it depends what you're after. :-?
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Eh, still gonna watch the Rangers Powering to make up my own mind.
The colour palette looks dull, the CGI is awful and blurry. I guess it depends what you're after. :-?
That reminds me of an idea I had! Some pets have a tendency to respond to TV.

Instead of having humans endlessly debate what are "real" looking CGI, Practical Effects, etc. etc., why not use dogs and cats to do it? My dog will always respond to dogs and bears on the TV screen, but I'm not sure if my dog will respond to photo realistic CGI dogs and bears, or animatronic dogs and bears for that matter. If pets responded to both real animals and special effects, that would be a good indicator of how good effects really are, especially if you tested the same shots with and without the sound on and the they got the same reaction.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]