Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By JurorNo.2
Like the title says, ATC got a few mentions in the current issue of Entertainment Weekly (Dec. 16/23, 2016).

First off, Kate McKinnon has her own interview in "14 Super Talents Who Soared in 2016:"
"Kate McKinnon - Whether busting ghosts or busting chops, one thing's for certain when it comes to the 32-year-old actress: we're with her. She stole the show in Ghostbusters....[ATC] withstood its fair share of controversy, with McKinnon emerging as a bright spot in the highly scrutinized comedy. '[Jillian's] absolute willingness to be her true self, as bizarre and inappropriate as it often was, maybe ended up inspiring people,' says McKinnon."
Holtzmann is also included in a tribute to "A Good Year for Bad Women:"
"Bad because she's a top notch engineer, explosion enthusiast, and slightly psychotic mad scientist who knows how to wield a proton pack. Bad best line: 'I can think of seven good uses of a cadaver today.'"
Chris Hemsworth gets a mention in "10 Unforgettable Scenes:"
"Kevin's Interview: It's easy to get your way when you look like Chris Hemsworth, which is probably why his Ghostbusters character--Kevin, the world's worst receptionist--felt no shame in asking to bring 'my cat' to work. Except it's not a cat...It's a dog...And his name is Mike Hat (full name: Michael Hat). Who knew Hemsworth could wield comedic timing with the power of Thor's hammer?--Dalene Rovenstine"
And finally, we come to the section titled "The Worst Films of the Year."
Oh that's right, ATC isn't on the list. :-D
Sav C, Alphagaia, SSJmole liked this
Sarcasm ON/

Of course now those that hated the movie will discount the article as fake/political/bought by Sony/written by FF/written by a friend of Paul/ etc etc because there is no way (according to them) that the worst movie in the entire history of movies in existence would not make the "Worst Movie Of The Year list"

In fact, those that thought this movie destroyed their childhood, also feel that ATC should make the "Worst Movie Of The Year list" for the next 25 years.

Sarcasm OFF/
SSJmole, JurorNo.2 liked this
By Skyknight
It can't be the worst movie of the year, because it's the only movie that came out this year that I actually cared to watch. And I feel like it could have been a great movie if the old movies had never existed. If this had been the first Ghostbusters movie I think I would have loved it.
But it's hard to see it as a good movie, when a 30 year old movie did so much better in storytelling, characters, humor and effects even with the restrictions they had at the time.
By JurorNo.2
Styrofoam_Guy wrote:In fact, those that thought this movie destroyed their childhood, also feel that ATC should make the "Worst Movie Of The Year list" for the next 25 years.
Well to be fair, such people never left their childhoods in the first place, so I can see where having them be destroyed would be quite a problem. ;)
By JurorNo.2
Quick update, ATC isn't on Time Magazine's Worst Movie List either. Moreover, some of the movies thay did make the list made more money than ATC. I guess no one schooled Time about the almighty box office. ;)
Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Don't have to tell me. I pointed that out here, several times, when detractors kept insisting the "Top Critics" score in RT was the only one worth looking at. Well, here's your Top Critics, guys.
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
Peter33vr wrote:http://www.hollywoodintoto.com/paul-fei ... ters-flop/
The article headline seemed a little snippy, even for an industry trade... the site's slogan does put the article in a certain light: "Film Reviews with a Conservative Edge".
JurorNo.2, Sav C, Razorgeist liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:Well to be fair, such people never left their childhoods in the first place, so I can see where having them be destroyed would be quite a problem. ;)
Someone said to me over YT he's 40 years old and owns 3000 movies and he calls the GB reboot the worst movie of all time. He says it has no redeeming features. How does one argue with that?
Kingpin wrote:The article headline seemed a little snippy, even for an industry trade... the site's slogan does put the article in a certain light: "Film Reviews with a Conservative Edge".
While I agree the article isn't objective it was spot on and anyway I found worse today:

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/mo ... 016-canon/
By SSJmole
pferreira1983 wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Well to be fair, such people never left their childhoods in the first place, so I can see where having them be destroyed would be quite a problem. ;)
Someone said to me over YT he's 40 years old and owns 3000 movies and he calls the GB reboot the worst movie of all time. He says it has no redeeming features. How does one argue with that?
buy him "the room"
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:
Find out which movies he's seen, not just the number. ;) Not to mention, YT has hardly been objective during all this nonsense...or ever...
SSJmole wrote:buy him "the room"
He may have mentioned that one when he stated he's sees good in even bad movies because they have redeeming qualities while the GB reboot doesn't.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Find out which movies he's seen, not just the number. ;) Not to mention, YT has hardly been objective during all this nonsense...or ever...
He was on YT comments. Y'know as someone actually qualified in film criticism (at least I hope that degree means something yikes) I'd like to think I can watch and film and critically understand it, seeing both the good and bad in it but damn...when someone tells me they're older than me and have 3000 films in their collection it makes me look less Roger Ebert and more James King. :shock:
By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:
He may have mentioned that one when he stated he's sees good in even bad movies because they have redeeming qualities while the GB reboot doesn't.
He's entitled to his hyperbolic opinion.
He was on YT comments.
Nuff said, lol.
Y'know as someone actually qualified in film criticism (at least I hope that degree means something yikes) I'd like to think I can watch and film and critically understand it, seeing both the good and bad in it but damn...when someone tells me they're older than me and have 3000 films in their collection it makes me look less Roger Ebert and more James King. :shock:
You're probably still Roger Ebert. ;) Just because he owns a lot of movies doesn't mean he understands them.
pferreira1983 liked this
By SSJmole
pferreira1983 wrote:
Then he's clearly trolling or blinded by hate. Story , acting , camera work , soundtrack and more us all better in GB ATC. So to say it has nothing good but "the room" does is clear he's just wrong.

It's like I don't like any Harry potter or twilight movie but can easily see there's worse movies like "the room" or "Sharknado" or "fantastic four (reboot)" it's sad when people are that blind out of hate.
By Scuba Steve
Of course it's not one of the 10 worst movies of the year. There are some truly god-awful films released ecevry year and I wouldn't expect it to be one of the worst.

That said, it's still a bad movie and would easily rank in the top 10 most disappointing films of the year.
By JurorNo.2
Scuba Steve wrote:would easily rank in the top 10 most disappointing films of the year.
I'm tempted to rank the experience surrounding the movie to be one of the top 10 disappointments of the year. On the other hand, a lot of positive things came out of all this too -- fans having opportunities to get together and lots of attention going to the original movies.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
SSJmole wrote:To be fair while I love ATC calling it "disappointing" is perfectly fine as that is something personal based like an opinion. It's not as over the top as calling it the worst movie ever with 0 good. Disappointing makes sense. We all have movies that let us down.
Absolutely, I agree. It is disappointing that the movie wasn't a sequel, no question. I think many fans took their disappointment to a very ugly place, but I can certainly understand the initial feeling.
SSJmole, Sav C liked this
By SSJmole
JurorNo.2 wrote:
SSJmole wrote:To be fair while I love ATC calling it "disappointing" is perfectly fine as that is something personal based like an opinion. It's not as over the top as calling it the worst movie ever with 0 good. Disappointing makes sense. We all have movies that let us down.
Absolutely, I agree. It is disappointing that the movie wasn't a sequel, no question. I think many fans took their disappointment to a very ugly place, but I can certainly understand the initial feeling.
Yeah. Like my 3 biggest movie disappointments are 1) Episode VII , for reasons I've said already. 2) Spider-Man 3, I am big Eddie brock venom fan. 3) dragonball evolution, really that's how they adapted dragonball? Are you ****ing kidding me?

So yeah different people will get disappointed by different things :)
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Scuba Steve
I remember when the VG came out in 09; I never purchase games at full price, but I picked up a copy of GB:TVG the day it was released. I was smiles ear to ear when I started the game... the iconic music in the menu, the intro sequence, busting Slimer in the basement with Ray... I was given my chance to experience more 'Ghostbusters'. This year, my sister forces me to attend 'Answer the Call' with her and I couldn't believe the trainwreck I was watching. Everything felt wrong. The Eldrich manor felt so stupid; his whole stupid monologue with flat jokes about the Irish or something, the comically retarded slime in the basebment... It felt like watching a parody of Ghostbusters.

Even if they had not gotten the original cast to return, Terminal Velocity would have still made a better Ghostbusters property than the Paul Feig was able to do with the remake. GB:TVG is a Ghostbusters property, ATC has more in common with 'Evolition' than Ghostbusters.
By Alphagaia
And that's fine. Opinions vary. We liked it.
Do we really need the hostile environment where people are shunned for liking it? Or invent eloborate reasons like manhating, saying mixed reviews are negative to say the movie is evil?

People are looking for a place to talk about this movie without constantly getting dragged into these old arguments.
Kingpin, JurorNo.2, Sav C and 1 others liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]