Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Alphagaia
Ghostbusters: Answer the Call came in on the 8th spot of popularity.

This list comprises the top 10 movies released in 2016 that were most consistently popular with IMDb users according to MovieMeter.

These rankings are not based upon critical assessments or box office performance, but on pageviews by our combined web and mobile audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors.

http://m.imdb.com/best-of/top-movies-of ... d=32570941
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Nice summary ATC got too!
"The team behind Bridesmaids, the best of "Saturday Night Live", and the support of the original Ghostbusters made this one of the most popular movies of the year. While this all-female reboot of the classic 1984 comedy did suffer from a polarizing internet backlash, it went on to take nearly $230 million at the global box office.
Knowing IMDB, the page views are probably party due to some sad collection of trolls spending every waking moment bashing ATC. Oops, their trolling made the movie popular, lol. Thanks, guys and gals! Keep up the pathetic! :cool:

It's not only that though. Love it or hate it, ATC did attract a lot of controversy, and that leads to curiosity from non-trolls. The movie is simply interesting to talk about! Whereas, the other blockbusters this summer didn't have much controversy beyond "Why does Warner Brothers keep screwing up?"
Sav C, SSJmole liked this
By SSJmole
This is not a good thing guys. The reason it had so many page views ect.. Is people were trolling the message harder than other movie. So its popular list is for the wrong reasons.

Edit noticed my point was said. Also "why does warner bros mess up" is really just "we want everything to be a marvel movie" lol
By JurorNo.2
SSJmole wrote:This is not a good thing guys. The reason it had so many page views ect.. Is people were trolling the message harder than other movie. So its popular list is for the wrong reasons.
It really depends on how you look at it. I like to look at it as Walter Peck's rantings and accusations only served to make the Ghostbusters seem saner by comparison. :)
Also "why does warner bros mess up" is really just "we want everything to be a marvel movie" lol
Lol, for most fans, yes. For me, I've seen enough Marvel, don't need to see anymore. A little too formulaic (Hi, Disney) and a little too pandering to China. I'm just also amazed at Warner Brother's increasingly desperate efforts to be Nolan-lite.
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
I know it's for pageviews as I said so in the OP. All this list shows how many people felt the need to contribute on these movies, which all had various receptions but did get a lot of attention.

It's actually neither a good or bad thing, imo, which is why I phrased the OP neutral as well.
By JurorNo.2
Noticeably not on the list is Star Trek Beyond, which a few ATC haters I knew were positive would be a huge hit. And while it didn't exactly bomb, its insubstantial plot and villain were met with a collective, "What the hell happened here?!" :whatever:

I'm thinking of an ex-friend of mine who just hated ATC's trailer, but naively ate up Beyond's constantly changing trailers. Call it petty revenge, but I'm glad to see that movie forgotten. When it comes to disrespecting the source material, Beyond is your poster boy. Not ATC.
By Alphagaia
JurorNo.2 wrote:Noticeably not on the list is Star Trek Beyond, which a few ATC haters I knew were positive would be a huge hit. And while it didn't exactly bomb, its insubstantial plot and villain were met with a collective, "What the hell happened here?!" :whatever:

I'm thinking of an ex-friend of mine who just hated ATC's trailer, but naively ate up Beyond's constantly changing trailers. Call it petty revenge, but I'm glad to see that movie forgotten. When it comes to disrespecting the source material, Beyond is your poster boy. Not ATC.
You hate a LOT of movies. ;-)
Sav C liked this
By JurorNo.2
Alphagaia wrote:
You hate a LOT of movies. ;-)
I do, lol. But ironically, I'll only be remembered for the one I liked. 8)
Sav C liked this
By SSJmole
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Also "why does warner bros mess up" is really just "we want everything to be a marvel movie" lol
Lol, for most fans, yes. For me, I've seen enough Marvel, don't need to see anymore. A little too formulaic (Hi, Disney) and a little too pandering to China. I'm just also amazed at Warner Brother's increasingly desperate efforts to be Nolan-lite.

Easy. Necessity. That tone and look is what people think as dc and too bright there movies would feel like marvel ironic as everyone doesn't realise if they did feel that way it'd over saturate the market and both would fail.

The Nolan like feel makes it unique. I love the dc films do far not one I hate out of MOS BVS SS
JurorNo.2 liked this
By Sav C
I hate a handful of movies that are really too vulgar, but other than that I can usually see something to like about most of them, even if it's just one of the techniques they used.
By pferreira1983
Alphagaia wrote:
These rankings are not based upon critical assessments or box office performance, but on pageviews by our combined web and mobile audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors.

As mentioned already that doesn't mean the film was loved. It means it created the most attention by people. Any attention is good attention for a film I guess.
By SSJmole
pferreira1983 wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:

As mentioned already that doesn't mean the film was loved. It means it created the most attention by people. Any attention is good attention for a film I guess.

Hey it got human centipede not 1 but 2 sequels
pferreira1983 liked this
By pferreira1983
SSJmole wrote:Hey it got human centipede not 1 but 2 sequels
This reminds me of an interview I just found today with Mark Hamill. He compares The Force Awakens to the Michael Bay Transformers movies and it's fantastic. A brave man but fantastic! Well done Mark!

By JurorNo.2
pferreira1983 wrote:As mentioned already that doesn't mean the film was loved.
Love is outlawed on IMDB.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]