Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Sav C
First off, the part that really shocked me was the part about deaths from pollution-related illnesses. Seven million a year (http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/rel ... lution/en/). Second, it was more about protecting the environment than it was about climate change, even if they mentioned climate change at the end. Third, I have absolutely no idea who Ted Turner is. How you made the deduction that I think somewhere along the lines of what he thinks because of the video I posted is beyond me. Fourth, you say to "try and find neutral information", and correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't News Busters a right wing news agency? How's that neutral? I'm an independent, I try to formulate my opinions based on multiple verifiable sources.
JurorNo.2 liked this
The newsbusters thing was the first thing that popped up when I typed in the ted turner thing. It had the interview and the clip in the article. Politicians regardless of side do like to scare people about the environment.

politicians do have a habit of going over the top when it comes to the environment. Not saying we cant do better as a species, it just how it is sometimes.
By Sav C
OK, I get that, but I don't see how Arnold went over the top in that video. Seven million people die a year from pollution related illness. How can that be framed as anything besides really scary? We've got a lot of room for improvement when it comes to how we treat the environment. We're not only responsible for ourselves, but also for all of the other living things that inhabit this planet.
Alphagaia, JurorNo.2 liked this
SavC, don't ya know us recruits don't trust treehuggers? Next thing you want me to shut it all down, or worse, install a safety light.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Sav C liked this
If he'd invoked politicians by name his wanting to duct tape people to a car exhaust pipe may have been seen as over the top by some. While on the environment how much more would the new GB team be paying the EPA opposed to the 84 team under currant law?
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
timeware wrote:If he'd invoked politicians by name his wanting to duct tape people to a car exhaust pipe may have been seen as over the top by some.
But he didn't... While that is over the top, what would you rather be locked in a garage with for an hour? A gasoline car with the engine on, or an electric car with the engine on? I'd pick the electric car, wouldn't you? Just something to think about. Not that electric cars are the answer, but then again maybe they are: http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/03/technol ... ng-hybrid/
To be fair it's just a hybrid Mustang, not a fully electric one. But I'm sure a fully electric one is on its way.

I'm not sure about what they'd be paying the EPA.
JurorNo.2 liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
HunterCC wrote:

I think the real hate on Nemesis came from the Trekkers, but agree to disagree if you want.

Aw come on, the joke was funny. But on a more positive note, this tune is a good pick-me-up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHv9r28DTUE
Nemesis helped to kill a franchise, it's a big reason we have the reboots now. I will not stand by while Nemesis is defended over ATC, lol.

On Our Own is always a good pick me up. :mrgreen:

Oh, I didn't actually see Before I Fall, I just saw the trailer. I'll check it out when it's on Amazon.
Nemesis and GINO were also turds. I'm just saying I got the impression Trekkers hated that movie more than anyone.

Off the top of my head, I think Nemesis is worse than GB16, but it's close. So I'm guessing you wouldn't want to discuss that. But here's an entertaining review of Nemesis. (Warning: harsh language)

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Nemesis/Pictorial-1.html

Before I Fall was ok, (Groundhog day was better :) )
Oof you are away for a day and the thread is 3 pages longer.

I love the detractors
ATC Won a Kids award - must be a conspiracy as it should not have won anything
ATC got no Razzies - must be a conspiracy as it should have won all of them

Kids never saw ATC
Well if this was true then how come I saw quite a kids at the last local huge convention (Fanexpo Toronto) wearing ATC full costumes. Granted most of them were girls but there were a few boys in full suit and pack. I suppose the detractors will say the parents hated their kids and forced them to wear the costumes.
Sav C wrote:
HunterCC wrote:Don't know the streaming numbers, I suspect they are huge, but I can't think of any reason those numbers wouldn't be similarly lopsided.
Well, I don't know any of the numbers either, but I do know that ATC was the MOW on iTunes about a month or two back. If my memory serves correctly Finding Dory has not been the MOW. I have a feeling ATC reached a lot of people when they made it 99¢, since it was put back into the top movie slot for the week.

Anyways, that's one possible reason they wouldn't be lopsided. Just my assumptions.
First I've heard of iTunes MOW, never heard of most of the movies here either http://www.99rental.com. So not sure what to make of GB16 on there. Whether to say good publicity for Ghostbusters in general, or point and laugh at GB16 being on a digital clearance rack.
By Sav C
HunterCC wrote:First I've heard of iTunes MOW, never heard of most of the movies here either http://www.99rental.com. So not sure what to make of GB16 on there. Whether to say good publicity for Ghostbusters in general, or point and laugh at GB16 being on a digital clearance rack.
They do get some good stuff, it's where I saw In the Heart of the Sea (which was Ron Howard's take on one of the real events that inspired Moby Dick), and The Walk. All I know is that it pushed ATC back to the top of the iTunes top movies list for a week or two.

It looks like the States gets different MOWs than Canada does.
HunterCC wrote:Off the top of my head, I think Nemesis is worse than GB16, but it's close. So I'm guessing you wouldn't want to discuss that. But here's an entertaining review of Nemesis. (Warning: harsh language)

Actually that might be interesting to discuss. Lol, great review, especially about the Romulans showing up at the end and then not being able to do anything; that always struck me as rather thudding.
Sav C wrote: I have absolutely no idea who Ted Turner is.
Really? How about Ted Danson? I think he once said all the rainforests will be gone by 1989 or something.
I dunno...just watch the "Earth Day Special." Mass hysteria!
By HunterCC
JurorNo.2 wrote:
HunterCC wrote:Off the top of my head, I think Nemesis is worse than GB16, but it's close. So I'm guessing you wouldn't want to discuss that. But here's an entertaining review of Nemesis. (Warning: harsh language)

Actually that might be interesting to discuss. Lol, great review, especially about the Romulans showing up at the end and then not being able to do anything; that always struck me as rather thudding.
Yeah, they were basically volunteering to be cannon fodder. And I enjoyed the review more than the movie.
featofstrength wrote: Really? How about Ted Danson? I think he once said all the rainforests will be gone by 1989 or something.
featofstrength liked this
By Sav C
featofstrength wrote:
Sav C wrote: I have absolutely no idea who Ted Turner is.
Really? How about Ted Danson? I think he once said all the rainforests will be gone by 1989 or something.
Of course I know who Ted Danson is, NBC gives him a better plane than they give me. :D Why you and Timeware seem to think I believe far fetched theories like that is beyond me, although now that you mention it the Amazon Rainforest is being harvested at an alarming rate. But seriously, the environment needs to be protected, why so many people can't seem to realize that is beyond me.
JurorNo.2, Kingpin liked this
Sav C wrote: But seriously, the environment needs to be protected, why so many people can't seem to realize that is beyond me.
Same reason they hate ATC. They think the environment is some evil agenda being forced down their throats. ;)
Sav C liked this
Sav C wrote: But seriously, the environment needs to be protected, why so many people can't seem to realize that is beyond me.
I think most do naturally. But when you've got celebtards siding with anthropomorphic smog monsters in Ferngully and melodramatic ER scenes with Mother Earth hooked up to the machine that goes "PING," is it really that hard for you to believe?

I guess the scare tactics and theatrics worked before...I mean, we're well past 1989 and still have rainforests.
The ends justify the means:
featofstrength wrote:But when you've got celebtards siding with anthropomorphic smog monsters in Ferngully and melodramatic ER scenes with Mother Earth hooked up to the machine that goes "PING," is it really that hard for you to believe?
Just because they're annoying and pretentious at times doesn't make them wrong. Facts are funny that way. ;)
Sav C liked this
JurorNo.2 wrote:
featofstrength wrote:But when you've got celebtards siding with anthropomorphic smog monsters in Ferngully and melodramatic ER scenes with Mother Earth hooked up to the machine that goes "PING," is it really that hard for you to believe?
Just because they're annoying doesn't make them wrong. Facts are funny that way. ;)
Whatever you say, Captain Planet!
*litters banana peel to disable passive aggressive wink smiley*
Last edited by featofstrength on March 17th, 2017, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
featofstrength wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
Just because they're annoying doesn't make them wrong. Facts are funny that way. ;)
I saw him at a Comic Con panel last year actually! Wheeler was there too...and then freakin Ed Asner showed up! Great day.
JurorNo.2 wrote:
featofstrength wrote:
I saw him at a Comic Con panel last year actually! Wheeler was there too...and then freakin Ed Asner showed up! Great day.
I hate Ed Asner. Worst Santa ever.
featofstrength wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:
I hate Ed Asner. Worst Santa ever.
No, no, this guy:

Do the research, don't believe everything celebrities tell you. I personally believe that climate change is a natural process and we can do better as a species. Juror you can stop claiming I hate ATC or were you speaking for people you label as detractors?

There are also some EPA laws that have gone overboard concerning the environment, that much is true. I'm not opposed to reasonable EPA regulations. Developing thermostats that can be controlled by heating companies is one example I don't agree with it.
timeware wrote:Do the research, don't believe everything celebrities tell you.
Well he's not just making that up himself, he's reading a script that's been vetted.

And I wasn't talking about you in particular. ;)
By Sav C
JurorNo.2 wrote:Same reason they hate ATC. They think the environment is some evil agenda being forced down their throats. ;)
Makes sense to me.
featofstrength wrote:I think most do naturally. But when you've got celebtards siding with anthropomorphic smog monsters in Ferngully and melodramatic ER scenes with Mother Earth hooked up to the machine that goes "PING," is it really that hard for you to believe?
To be honest I never liked Ferngully as a kid (still don't). I'm confused as to whether you are opposed to protecting the environment, or opposed to the way celebrities go about promoting protecting the environment.
timeware wrote:Do the research, don't believe everything celebrities tell you. I personally believe that climate change is a natural process and we can do better as a species.
I don't believe everything celebrities tell me. Arnold is the exception as I do think he is a very intelligent person. I'm sure that climate change happens naturally, but it happens gradually when it does. Man made climate change is a very real thing. Science has linked our activities as a species to the climate's rapid changes in recent history.
JurorNo.2 liked this
Sav C wrote: To be honest I never liked Ferngully as a kid (still don't). I'm confused as to whether you are opposed to protecting the environment, or opposed to the way celebrities go about promoting protecting the environment.
That's not the same thing?

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]