Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By Alphagaia
Correct! The portal but was added as well. It used to be just them disappearing and Patty and Holtzmann pulling them out and them suddenly having white hair a la Poltergeist.

The YouTube comments was added later as well.
The thing is I loved parts of this film where they showed the progress throughout the film of their technology. How they decided on a logo. Staying realistic with budget in the film story after being let go at the University and making money from online book sales and such. All of it. I think the problem was that they could have made some of that budget back and it would have made much more money reaching out to more diverse crowd by throwing another male character or two in there. They could have also made more money back on it and more people would have watched this in theater if they didn't use the same damn story pretty much. Big Boss bust in the end. Really? Too much female humor. Its cool to have a balance. This would have brought more of a general crowd to want to watch this in theater. Would have brought more money in, I feel. I still liked the majority of this movie. There were just some things that I think killed it.

What REALLY hasn't helped were all the trolls. They wanted to hate this film before they even SAW it! Which generated a lot of bad vibes to others so everyone jumped on the anti ghostbusters film bandwagon. The internet killed the box office sales. Yes the story wasn't completely original. For the most part though it had a story of their progress of the business and how it grew to what it was in the end. I really liked that. It sucks that it has come to this. No sequel and probably no chance of a live feature film ever again. I just wish Sony would give Aykroyd just another chance with a different director (if there were any STILL willing to do a GB film) I think there would still be a great outcome.
By timeware
I'd like to believe that's why were getting Ecto Force. Sony can gather the interest, then decide if it's worth doing another live action.

i'm getting a tad nervous as we haven't seen any pictures of wire frame models, or background or vehicle concept's yet. I'd be perfectly content with an image of the GB logo under the Ecto force title. Even Disney shows off properties like Cars, and Incredibles month's before the trailer is released.
deadderek liked this
By JurorNo.2
Seth Rex wrote: I believe you. I can more than understand that there was trouble behind the scenes. Personally, I love the reboot, but even I can see that maybe it could have been cheaper, done cheaper, with quality still.
Thank you, I appreciate that. :) Yeah I mean everyone wants to be the next big blockbuster these days but budgets in general are really out of control. There are a lot of predictions that the bubble will burst soon all around. ;)
DarkSpectre wrote: most of them only became fans within the past year and we're completely ignorant as to the drama that went down.
I agree, that was my impression as well. I mean we all talked about those emails a lot here, lol, but probably most fans didn't.
But right now it seems that Dan is re exerting control and moving forward.
I could be completely wrong, completely wrong, but honestly this could be the same tactic as announcing progress for GB3. Trying to get the studio to pay attention and see that there's interest.
SpaceBallz wrote:LOL the feminists are on Dan's twitter post being unfavorable towards him.
Alphagaia wrote:And yet I also see a lot of people saying the movie is crap, never should have been made and girls doing GB is just lame and not believeable, etc.
Yeah you are both right, lol. Everyone's thinking, "Yay, another moment to preach my agenda that no one cares about!"
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote:I'd like to believe that's why were getting Ecto Force. Sony can gather the interest, then decide if it's worth doing another live action.

i'm getting a tad nervous as we haven't seen any pictures of wire frame models, or background or vehicle concept's yet. I'd be perfectly content with an image of the GB logo under the Ecto force title. Even Disney shows off properties like Cars, and Incredibles month's before the trailer is released.
Don't they have some GBday coming soon? I would not be surprised is something will come up then.
By JurorNo.2
Kingpin wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Up to you Kingpin I guess, should it stay?
Not sure really, it's... intriguing that the section in question appears to now have been excised
Yeah why was that done?
And, in a connected way, I actually shook the great man's hand this afternoon:

(Let me know if the photo doesn't show up)
That's awesome, I'm really happy for you! Did you get to talk at all?
deadderek liked this
By Sav C
DarkSpectre wrote:But the venom being spewed by the pro reboot pages, Gb Reboot Appreciation, Postively Ghostbusters, Answer the Second Call leads me to believe that most of them only became fans within the past year and we're completely ignorant as to the drama that went down.
Honestly I've never heard of/stumbled across any of those webpages. Hey, is the Ghostbusters reddit the same as it was or has it gotten better?
By Davideverona
There will be a Q&A with Reitman and Hudson on June 8th, and you can submit your questions on twitter or on the Ghost Corps Facebook page using #GhostbustersLive. I think it's a very good occasion to show Ghost Corps and Sony that we're still waiting for the original Ghostbusters to be back on the big screen.
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
JurorNo.2 wrote:That's awesome, I'm really happy for you! Did you get to talk at all?
I had a few moments to talk to him (I complimented him on Ghostbusters, Evolution and Gross Pointe Blank, and he talked about GPB for most of that time - he'd had a lot of fun on that shoot, and enjoyed working with John Cusack), but the meeting naturally had to be brief due to the amount of time set aside for the signing, and the size of the queue of people there to also meet him. My colleagues in gear got to spend a bit more time with him, and posed with him for some photo opportunities, which was on Dan's direction. :)
Davideverona wrote:I think it's a very good occasion to show Ghost Corps and Sony that we're still waiting for the original Ghostbusters to be back on the big screen.
I imagine few people at Sony, and for that matter, any people at Ghost Corps are ignorant about the fan desire to have the original Ghostbusters back on the big screen, but we have to remember it isn't quite as easy to get them back on the big screen as it was in 1988/1989.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By SpaceBallz
Alphagaia wrote: Why are you only proclaiming what 'the feminists' are saying?
Because they were the only ones attacking me for defending Dan's comments (which he has every right to say considering Ghostbusters is his baby). I don't have to "proclaim" anything, go see for yourself.
pferreira1983 liked this
By Davideverona
Maybe a movie version of Ghostbusters 101 set in 2017? I think the comic is overlapping the late 90's OGB reality with Gb16 reality..... So, in a movie it should be Old Ray and Old Winston training a new team and calling their old multiverse friends for help.
Alphagaia liked this
By Alphagaia
SpaceBallz wrote:
Alphagaia wrote: Why are you only proclaiming what 'the feminists' are saying?
Because they were the only ones attacking me for defending Dan's comments (which he has every right to say considering Ghostbusters is his baby). I don't have to "proclaim" anything, go see for yourself.
Well, as long as you acknowledge there are loud and bad apples on both sides, which was my point in that post.
I agree Dan can speak his mind, though. Sometimes he is out of it, and the numbers are of, but I can understand him wanting Feig to actually take his advice.
Sav C liked this
By RichardLess
JurorNo.2 wrote:Lol, ah irony is fun. The reboot supporters are annoyed at me for even remotely defending Aykroyd's comment. They can't seem to comprehend that someone can like a movie while still acknowledging that behind the scenes drama existed. I really have no time for that level of ignorance and irrationality from fans. Especially when they're most likely millenials. ;)

On the other end of the spectrum, "some of you" need to actually read a post before giving lectures to people on what click bait is. I said from the beginning it was obvious the original creators were pushed out of the process and that that was wrong. I also said drama like that was typical in Hollywood and if Reitman and Aykroyd were still involved, there was no good reason not to give the reboot a chance. If the reboot didn't do well, Sony would never consider a proper sequel. But no, that was apparently too complex a concept for "some of you." I must just be a blind reboot defender.

Just goes to show, never be part of a group. Both sides will turn on you at the slightest hint of independent thought.
Lol I love how you mention clickbait but then go on about something completely unrelated. What does any of that have to do with you calling it clickbait? Methinks she doth protest too much.
deadderek liked this
By Alphagaia
Richard, you sometimes have some good points wrapped in a hugely condescending tone. I know you two have history, but maybe you both turn it down a notch?
By JurorNo.2
Kingpin wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:That's awesome, I'm really happy for you! Did you get to talk at all?
I had a few moments to talk to him (I complimented him on Ghostbusters, Evolution and Gross Pointe Blank, and he talked about GPB for most of that time - he'd had a lot of fun on that shoot, and enjoyed working with John Cusack), but the meeting naturally had to be brief due to the amount of time set aside for the signing, and the size of the queue of people there to also meet him. My colleagues in gear got to spend a bit more time with him, and posed with him for some photo opportunities, which was on Dan's direction. :)
Davideverona wrote:I think it's a very good occasion to show Ghost Corps and Sony that we're still waiting for the original Ghostbusters to be back on the big screen.
I imagine few people at Sony, and for that matter, any people at Ghost Corps are ignorant about the fan desire to have the original Ghostbusters back on the big screen, but we have to remember it isn't quite as easy to get them back on the big screen as it was in 1988/1989.
That sounds great! I still need to see GPB actually.
deadderek liked this
By RichardLess
Alphagaia wrote:Richard, you sometimes have some good points wrapped in a hugely condescending tone. I know you two have history, but maybe you both turn it down a notch?
"Turn it down a notch?" First time I have ever heard someone say that after quoting Shakespeare. It was one or two posts. Let's not get over dramatic huh? We don't need to be policed Fromm engaging in a small debate every few months Alpha. We are both adults. We are talking about a movie here. Save the "turn it down a notch" for when people start spewing hate filled non sense. This was a love tap. Juror and I love each other. Sometimes we just disagree. No biggy
deadderek liked this
By Alphagaia
I was always under the impression 'turn it down a notch' was for small escalations, adult or no, not hate filled nonsense. Anyways, nothing I can do to stop you guys if you want to continue the conversation, ofcourse,! Just my two cents, in hopes of not fanning the flames.
JurorNo.2 liked this
By RichardLess
Alphagaia wrote:I was always under the impression 'turn it down a notch' was for small escalations, adult or no, not hate filled nonsense. Anyways, nothing I can do to stop you guys if you want to continue the conversation, ofcourse,! Just my two cents, in hopes of not fanning the flames.
Ah well. Let's internet hug it out
By MagicPrime
Coover5 wrote:
featofstrength wrote:So..." Soul Sisters?"
Aykroyd saw his GB3 efforts hurt when Harold Ramis's "Year One" tanked. I wonder if he is seeing Soul Sisters put on hold with the failure of ATC. He wanted to make GB3 and Blues Brothers 3 for about 20 years. To have one fail and cancel out the other might be upsetting.

Of course it's all speculation. I just wondering if it's why he's so mad.
Sometimes I think I am the only person who liked "Year One."
By Coover5
MagicPrime wrote:
Sometimes I think I am the only person who liked "Year One."
What didn't help is that from March 2008 to a week before Year One was released there were at least four movies dealing with characters in primitive times or environments.

Set in primitive time: 10,000 BC

Modern characters find themselves in primitive time through science mishap: 10 Million BC and Land of the Lost

Modern Characters discover primitive place: Journey to the Center of the earth

People had grown tired of the environment. It was like a craze of young adult novels being made into films at the end of the Potter film series.
By SpaceBallz
JurorNo.2 wrote:Everyone...feel free...no, obligated, to give this video all the down votes you like. :twisted:

I can't wait to see Red Letter Media's response.
SpaceBallz wrote:
JurorNo.2 wrote:Everyone...feel free...no, obligated, to give this video all the down votes you like. :twisted:

I can't wait to see Red Letter Media's response.
Give em a week... they we're busy pooping on the GBoot again this past weekend in their Wonder Woman review.
JurorNo.2 liked this

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]