By Jairus
You're going to need to find out your chest measurement.

It should correspond roughly with your suit jacket size (or a little bigger) for numbered sizes or your T-shirt size for S/M/L sizes.

Keep in mind, though, that flight suits are sized for pilots; they assume that you're slight of build and in great physical shape. That's why chest measurements become necessary if you don't meet those criteria.

A bodybuilder and a guy with a beer gut could weigh the same but have radically different shapes and need completely different sized suits.
For those of us that are built like a hobbit on steroids...

5'9"
Chest 49"

I went with a 48r which fits me "uniform good". But I also went with a 50r, which gives me more of a baggie look. Which I'm actually starting to like more than the size 48r "Damn, this makes me look like I have some guns" jumpsuit. I'm also thinking that once washed...it might shrink a bit?

Remember that "Breathing is a good thing!" and a little bit of baggie looks cool and gives you some room for extra clothes when needed.

Also consider legs and arms... The arms on a R are fine for me, but the legs are just a bit too long.... Still I think it's better to go longer than too short. Especially since you can tuck your pant legs.

I also agree about the sizing charts as seen on the web and even E-bay. The first 52 I ordered was HUGE. but when I eventually went with a 50 it was just a slight bit bigger than the 48... Factory issues from one to another?
I wear a 3XL and have both a Tru Spec and Rothco. The Tru Spec fits a lot better and has a little bit more room than the Rothco. Nicer material too. Wish I would have went with Tru Spec for both but oh well.
Well I'm looking for something a 380 pd freind of mine can where lol the only one rothco has is a 6x blk one wish they made them in blue or kaki, I've wore all 3 kinds if u want to best go with nomex hands down sooo much closer to the originals, but 52 is alittle small on me and I where a 3x tru spec but if u can fix in a nomex get one u can find them cheap on amazon
By tilallr1
My head hurts, please help. Hear are my measurement details. Want to get a Nomex suit.

Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 220 lbs
Chest: 42
Hip: 46
Waist: 40
Sleeve Inseam: 23
Leg Inseam: 32

Thanks for any and all help. :-D
I'm looking into getting a Nomex flight suit. I don't have a tape measure handy, but if it's useful, I wear a 52 suit jacket and the waist size of my pants varies between 46 (loose fit jeans), 48 (regular jeans), and 50 (dress pants). I am 5'10."

I've read on here that the Tru-specs tend to run small, which is odd to me, because the reason I'm looking to change is that I'm currently using a 3XL Tru-spec suit that's baggy enough that it looks like I'm wearing MC Hammer pants. It's good from the waist up, but it's very, very baggy in the seat and legs. I know the suits are supposed to be kind of baggy, but I feel like the one I've got just looks sloppy.
By IDDQD
Does anyone have any experience with Flightsuits made by Carter Industries? Currently watching a CWU-27/P NOMEX DESERT TAN FLIGHT SUIT 34 REG - 34R that has all of the aesthetic items I'm looking for (like the left leg inner "flap"). They look very close to the G&B Flightsuits, but I'm looking for some personal experience with Carter. Cheers!
By pyhasanon
Any Nomex flightsuit should do fine... it's the Poly Cotton suits that seem to vary in color and design, particularly color... Avoid Rothco, but I don't believe they have Nomex suits anyways...

34R? That's really small... my wife is small, and even that would be small on her...
By IDDQD
Thanks @pyhasanon! I'm opting to go with a 36S instead of the 34R. I'm about 5'6" 130-140 pounds (long torso, short legs).. That would seem to retain the baggy look I'm going for, while not swimming in it. Would you recommend going any larger? The seller I'm speaking to mentions the Nomex suits not shrinking, so I should be good? Your feedback is welcome, and I've really enjoyed your posts mate! May I ask where you got your Belt Gizmo kit? Was it a GB1 Spongeface?
Yes, it's Spongeface, and yes, Nomex does not shrink...

What's your chest circumference? That determines what size to get... get a tape measure and measure around your chest from under your armpit, all the way around...
Um, if you're 37, you definitely want to go 38... why would you choose 36 if you measured 37?
By IDDQD
I suppose I was confused by this "Chest - Measurement of the largest part of your chest, usually right under your armpits, then divide by 2." which would put me under the measurements for even a 34.. Requirements were unclear, lol! Makes sense in retrospect. To my benefit I already have a True-Spec "Small", it fits well beyond the arm and leg lengths. Trying to get a more accurate Nomex, and better arm and leg length. So by this I should be shooting for a 38S unless i can find a 37S (Edit: which wouldn't be possible)..

P.S. - Thanks Phil, really appreciate your feedback!
By IDDQD
Okay, I'm confused again... Apologies for all of the posts today gentlemen.

Referring to the chart made by @wbundrick on P1, if I measure a 37" chest then I would be a size 34 (forCWU-27/P), again since it's chest size /2. By this I'm going to try a 36S/36R, since that would be ample room by those measurements. A 38 by comparison would be well beyond my measurements (by almost 4"), and while I want this suit to be baggy, I don't want to be swimming in it. I think the CWU-27/P compared to the True-Spec measuring standards are just way too different. Am I way off? This can't be all that hard can it?
My wife measures 36 inches around her chest area, she wears a 36S... fits slightly baggy, but that's perfect, it's not rocket science... I measured 44 inches, I wear a 44S... boom, same thing...
By IDDQD
Thanks again Phil! I see you went through a similar upgrade as my own (True-Spec to Nomex) in the past, so I really appreciate the first hand experience. I just REALLY don't want to f#$^ this up!! I tend to over-research these kinds of decisions, which in-turn becomes Analysis Paralysis :boogieman:

Cheers, and thanks again!
By pyhasanon
I also have a Gibson and Barnes Poly Cotton, but their sizing is kinda small... I should have probably bought a 46S instead... just a FYI if you plan to buy a suit from them... however, their smaller fit tends to keep me staying in shape so that I can wear it... LOL! It reminds me of the bikini mentality people have in the summer, or the bride trying to lose/maintain weight to fit their wedding dress... weird analogy, but it's so similar that it makes me laugh that I think that way... =P
By IDDQD
Hey Phil, update for you good sir.. So I ended up lucking into a New Old Stock (circa 60s-70s) Nomex CWU-27/P via ebay for a reasonable price (unfortunately not Flightsuits Unltd, or G&B), but virtually the same. Taking your advice I got a 38S, and it's bloody PERFECT! It's currently in the wash on the gentle cycle.. I couldn't be happier, and I attribute your feedback to this so again I thank you.

So, thoughts.. This suit is not nearly as light Khaki as the True-Spec suits, but I'm wondering if it's worth going for a GB1 lilac/grey (as it's described in the Visual History)? I'd be surprised if the Nomex suits take to dye very easily given the treatments. If anything, I might over time keep dumping methyl cellulose and washing it to give it a post-slimed look. Again, thank you SO MUCH for your feedback and direction. I have my Hero Flightsuit.. Cheers mate
By pyhasanon
You're good with the stock Nomex khaki/tan color... that's the one most of us use, and most of us don't dye it (as Nomex doesn't hold dye well)... heck, a good amount of us even leave the zippers black, even though the screen accurate suits were brass...
By Macka
G'day Folks,
Can anyone PLEASE HELP ME with the sizing as I live in Australia and if I order the wrong size it will cost me dearly!!
I am looking to get a Tru-Specs Flight suit but the sizes worry me. I am 5 foot 9 inches tall with a chest of 42". I think the XL regular should be OK but I'm not sure about how snug it will be in the crotch.
Is there anyone out there who can shed some light on the best size for me as none of the companies on line seem to want to have anything to do with me!!
Thanking you in advance
Shane :sigh:
By IDDQD
Good day Shane. Referencing the chart on this page (http://www.truspec.com/uniforms/flight- ... ight-suit/), it appears that you would be setter suited with a "Large Regular/Long" given your chest measurements of 42" and height. That should still give you some wiggle room since the Large maxes out at a 44" chest measurement. An XL I fear would be too big on you. If anyone similar to your body type has personal experience with Tru-Spec, I'd be apt to trust them :)
By Macka
Thank you for getting back to me IDDQD, I appreciate any help I can get mate and yes if anyone out there is similar in hight etc to me and has bought one, I'd love to hear from them!
Cheer Mate :)
So I'm trying to find a Navy flight suit that will fit me. I noticed a few people posted about the shoulder to crotch measurements, but I still need a little assistance. I am female, 5'5", with 41" chest measurement, and 31" inseam. I bought a Gibson & Barnes 42" suit on eBay (not knowing it was a Tall) and it was obviously too big. The chest was a little big but the torso, legs, and arms were WAY too big.

Based on the measurements posted I think the Tru-Spec 27-P Flight Suit Medium (Regular) https://secure.armysurplusforless.com/p ... .php?id=75 will work best since it seems to be the only one in Navy blue, but I want to be sure the chest won't be too small and the torso won't be too big.

Do any of you know what the torso measurement is for this size flight suit and if the chest measurements are true to size?
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]