By TheRealPonyboy
Jairus wrote:
Every time I have to get a stool to reach a high cabinet, I will laugh at your plight in finding fitting flight suits.

:twisted:

I'ma start calling you Carlton (From Fresh Prince) ;)
By kind2311
Dewka wrote:Hi everyone
I will weigh in here as this is the ONE thing I know for sure:

I wear a Rotcho 6X suit for my 501st TIE pilot. well I should say I started out with it until I upgraded. Anyway the way the Rothco's are built the proportions have simply been pantographed up from a standard size. In doing that the pockets on the chest are way way way off. I have cut 9 inches off the legs and lopped off four inches off the arms.

While I do not WEAR 6X clothes I had to get this because of the rediculous way military suits are sized. Most helicopter pilots arent giants, most fo them that I flew with anyway. I needed the 6X suit to get my shoulders to fit . I had a 4X andsent it back...it came up to about 2 inches shy of my shoulders. It was zipping up just fine...except for the shortness in the shoulders. I do not remember this suit having the storm flap, my current suit does. I stillwear this one to events like Mardi Gras where there is danger of getting barfed on by really drunk chicks.
Also in the past year the zipper has caused me grief and is starting to unzip/ pop istelf. Mine have the size openings on the hips and I had to sew that closed because at a troop my underclothes were showing when it unzipped itself!
So bigger guys like me, we have a couple of options: Lose our tonnage up front and behind, and in the meanwhile get a second rate suit and bear with it.

just thought i'd let you see why your rothco fit like ass, pony
By jaycannau
There is one problem I live in the UK and it is very difficult to actually buy some of these suits so can anyone tell me where in the UK I could buy one.
Thank you.
By abaka
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Ebay would be your best bet...There's plenty of options from America...There's one nomex on ebay.co.uk atm if I'm correct

Thinking about buying a tru-spec and replacing my nomex.

My nomex is a 44l and sits far too big on me...the crotch/waist hangs to my knees...I usually wear it with track bottoms and a tshirt but it still hangs so loose
I'm 5 ft 10, honestly not too sure about waist

I have an average build and my waist is 32 and I usually wear a medium t-shirt or sometimes a small

I'm thinking a Large Regular truspec would do me?
By drsyn71
Howdy,

I'm new to the forum. I was reading about all the flight suits and such. Looks like if I want one in 5XL, I'm gonna hafta settle for a Rothco. Oh well, I can do the bleaching and dying.

The problem is: I can't find one for sale online. I've tried google searches and ebay - NO LUCK. Looks like Rothco only makes them up to 3XL nowadays. Anybody have an extra one for sale or know of any place that has a 5XL in stock.

Anyway, it's great to be here.

Cheers,

Chris
Monrovia, Indiana
By Rune31
What brand are the flight-suits being sold on this site and why are they 'not recommended for tall people?'
By orange_blend
kind2311 wrote:they are Fox brand and they don't come in tall/long sizes.
Pardon my ignorance but approx. what height classifies as tall/long? I'm just shy of 6'1" and was looking to pick one of these bad boys up. :)
By Pete33
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

lol im also about the same size, im 6'1" as well, im a tall guy and im thin but athletic shape so im not like tall and fat lol im just tall. i got a 36" waist and 42" chest. and i was thinking about ordering a used nomex suit on ebay, right here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-Nomex-Flight-S ... 3cb08f89bb

my question is, how is that nomex suit? its only 15-20 bucks, so thats great. i just asked the seller what would be a good size for me, so ill wait to see if he gets back. can anyone give me some info on the nomex suit and how they look? it looked really good from the first photo comparison pic on the first page.
By Rune31
I just received my Nomex today. Bought on eBay for $40 and is in perfect shape for a used uniform. I made sure to get one that was a size bigger than my measurements but its still a bit tight in the ass! Oh well, my girlfriend's mother is a seamstress so problem solved. Overall I'm very pleased with the color and how it feels. A huge improvement over the Rothco, this material feels real! Soon it will be converted into a GB II khaki version.
By Pete33
i ordered a 42L and my chest size is 42" so from what i read from your post, should i have gone a size up? do you think its going to be too tight? whats your chest measurements rune?
By Pete33
well thats the biggest i could get ebay doesnt seem to get any 44L's ever. not sure where else to order where the sizeing available in bigger sizes.

actually, after remeasureing myself with my shirt off, i actually measure to about a 40" chest, not a full 42". thats only with the shirt on. so perhaps a 42L would do ok. it should arrive by the end of the week, so hopefully it will fit good.
By kind2311
44L indeed, you could probably go with a 46 if you cant get a 44 and you'd still be safe. nomex suits run small.
By Pete33
is there a way to possibly stretch out the suit if the fit is a little small? like when you have it on, to kind of stretch it out, or some other method of making it more roomier?
By Pete33
EDIT: got the flight suit today, FITS AWSOME!! i will not be doing any dying, i like the kahki look, i think that was more GB 2 style. and whats funny is ai recieved almost all the gear i ordered this morning as well! the suit came as well as the pistol belt, the no-ghost patch. couple days ago i got the black gloves. now im just waiting for the elbow pads. i think i might have to actually dye those, which might be hard since i never did any dyeing before. i hope this site can help with that.

oh yeah, all my worries about the flight suit not fitting are rediculous. it fits perfectly!! not too tight, not too baggy. its just right. i love it!!! but yeah it is a little stuffy in the suit but its aight! nothin too big a deal. man, its great to see the suit coming together at long last. my proton pack shouldnt be too far from being completed (its on order from someone here) and just a few more details to round it up!! im haveing a joygasm!!! :boogieman:

i also went out yesterday and got a pretty close looking keychain fob, i had to kind of be creative with the keychains lol but at least i have a somewhat accurate looking one. not perfect but at least its my own "original" lol. i also got some of that yellow vynyl tubing from home depot and made the hose on the leg. again, its not perfectly accurate but its the best i could do and i think it turned out just right.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

the boots i got at dicks sporting goods, and i think they look AWSOME with the outfit.

right now its super glued on, but im going to be sewing around the edges soon.

this is how my leg hose looks. again, not completely accurate but close enough for me. i didnt feel like ordering more stuff, just thought i'd see if i could whip up something pretty decent. its a little thin but i think it works just fine. now im just waiting for the elbowpads and my nametag (i got a custom job from a woman off ebay). im thinking about making a custom belt gizmo as well.
By jwillz42
I’m hoping to order a True-Spec flight suit from Army Surplus for Less in the next few days and I wanted to double check the sizing. I live in Japan and I’m having a friend bring it with him when he visits so getting the correct size is crucial.

Height: 5’11
Weight: 195ish
Shirt Size: L
Pant Size: 34
Build: Average, maybe a little soft in the middle :-)
Chest: 43”

I wanted to confirm that the best size in the TrueSpec flight suit would be an XL since at 43” I fall smack dab in the middle of the Large size and the sizing chart thread said the suits run a little small. Thanks for your help, guys and I’m pretty pumped to get started on my GB costume project.
By Pete33
ok heres my finished GB outfit. all i can say is, WHEW! mission accomplished! justa couple little odds and ends but its pretty much there. just waitin for the proton pack and then im 100% completed! whacha guys think?

By Pete33
thanks! :) so glad you like it! yes i did wind up useing grey primer spraypaint on the bubble, did a few coats, and i simply bought 4 grey fabric pens and "colored" the band grey, then cut out 2 black squares of fabric and glued them to the bands. pretty simple actually! no dyeing required. i also just ordered the "accurate" hose from GB fans.com a couple days ago so i will be replaceing the hose thats there now.
By paqman
I winded up going with a Tru-Spec. I caught a sale online that ended yesterday, which was perfect timing for when I got my PayPal monies from designing a web layout for a friend ($250 smackers *grins*). I found a black one for $29. With shipping everything was a smidge over $40. I was slightly confused on the sizing, though.

Now, I will say I had a hiccup in the military. I went to boot camp for the Navy years ago, right after high school, and had winded up getting discharged with an ankle injury, but I did have a set of coveralls. I wore them once to clean the head (bathroom) after the Chief took the liquid soap and threw it everywhere and left the water going, making us clean up the bubbles as punishment. In my restraint not to kill that guy, I forgot to look at the size given to me lol. When I got discharged I had to give all my uniforms back.

I'm a small guy, but I'm tall. Lanky is the word that comes to mind. My old coveralls seemed to have fit okay, seemed a tad baggy but meh. I'm 6'2" and barely weigh 140. I wear medium shirts. I ordered a small/regular Tru after doing some measurements. My chest is a 34 and my waist is 31/32. My inseam is also 32, so I think I did fine ordering the small because I don't want to be swimming in my gear. I've read I should have gone a size up, but in my case of being a skinny bean pole, I don't think that's a wise move considering the small goes up to a size 37 chest. I got room in it, it seems.

I don't see myself gaining any weight soon since it's impossible for me to gain any kind of fat (I eat like a fat person, my friends find it hilarious), so I see myself staying this size for a minute.

I'll update you guys when it comes in the mail.
By DanOfTheDead
Greetings everyone!

Started working on my uniform Halloween 2 years ago. Trying to do it manageable, affordable steps. First was getting the basics of the uniform and building the goggles. This year I'd like to to polish up some of the odds and ends and start work on the proton pack.

Anyway, I bought a Rothco XXL. I'm mostly happy with it, but it's WAY TOO SHORT in the torso. I can barely get it up over my shoulders, and when I do, the crotch threatens to do serious medical damage.

I've also but on some weight since then, so I'm thinking about ordering another one a few sizes larger.

Anyway, question is, does anyone know if they make TALLER versions of the Rothco, and what I should be looking/searching for? I plan on doing a dye job, so I'll order a few sizes larger to compensate for shrinking, but I really need one that I don't have to stoop over to wear.

6'2" btw.

Thanks, really looking forward to getting back into this project and making some progress this year!

UPDATED - Okay, on further consideration and research, I'm thinking I should go with the tru-spec. Having some trouble locating a XXXL LONG though...
By Pete33
ok, ive now replaced the light leg tubing i had with the accurate yellow one i got from this site. looks soooo much better, and ive replaced the boots i got from dicks with more accurate looking army boots i got from an army shop. again, muuuch better looking and much more accurate. i am eagerly awaiting the proton pack im haveing built for me. i also am super excited for mattels PKE meter, i just saw the video and it looks beyond COOL.

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]