$227.77 delivered to Canada. Not bad IMHO. It's very sturdy and should last many years. If you can afford it, it's the only way to go for quality and something that doesn't feel like a costume.
GBStantz wrote:Just custom ordered my suit. $244 to Chicago with the same options Vince posted, and the lighter Resolute poly/cotton fabric.

Super excited
Just got mine in! Fits like a glove, super comfortable. I love it. Can't wait to get the patches on. Pictures make it look a little grey, but its spot on color-wise in person.

Is everyone ordering theirs without a nametag loop? Just curious if there's any particular reason why, such as it being improperly sized for a GB nametag or something.

Also I see there's no option for brass zippers, side entry zippers, or removing the flap on the arm pocket., so I'm assuming just put that in the special instructions and all will be well? Or is it better to call the 800 number and actually talk to someone?

Lastly what's the deal with the wind flap? Do you need to request that as well or is it standard?
I personally ordered w/o the name tag velcro because I just wanted to sew it on, so its not needed.

And I just e-mailed Amy Garcia and asked for a custom order with the same options Vince listed, with the change in material, sent along my measurements, and got a quote.

Attached patches last week actually, both from the GBFans Shop:

Quick question for Vin or anyone who ordered a custom fit suit... I'm going to be going to get measured and order mine up here this week. Did you guys do anything like adding an inch or so to each measurement to get that baggy look? Or did you just go with the exact measurements from your tailors??
Ok perfect thanks for that quick answer on that! That's good advice I don't want to crowd the wedding tackle ha.

One last question.. What was the approx. lead time on your custom suits from the time you paid till the time you received them?
Alright got my suit ordered up yesterday made with the accurate kahki ripstop fabric I scored a while ago! Here's my question for anyone that has supplied there own fabric, I didnt want to ask Amy this because I didn't want to come across as a dick since she's been super helpful, but I'm curious as to why they charge the same price whether you supply your own fabric or not?? I thought for sure it be a bit cheaper since there only supplying zippers, thread and the labor.. Not that I'm complaining or that it matters to me that mush as ive already paid and am super stoked to finally get this thing made. Just simple curiosity is all.
I wanted to share a little something with the rest of you guys and I figured I'd post it in here since it involves one of my Gibson and Barnes suits. Around the beginning of this year, I had asked my cousin to take a stab at making accurate GB1 patches for my rip stop suit since she works at a uniform shop, doing the patches and embroidery. I made up some .pdfs for her of what I wanted as well as sent along some reference material and let her work on them at her own leisure, since she was doing me a favor.

And in case no one knows what I'm talking about, the arm patches in gb1 are kind of "ugly". They were most likely hand made and made before the logo was finalized, much like the opening credits to the film. With the help of several individuals, I made up an image that my cousin then turned into a patch with the help of some reference material.

Here's a reference shot of a gb1 arm patch, name tags and hose connectors:

From the reference I could find, I made this:

Well, here's the fruits of that labor. . .

Here's the suit with the patches on, both the "ugly" arm patch and the name tag made with the newer gb1 font that's floating around.

Closer shot of the name tag and arm patch.

Name tag

And just for a comparison, here's a side by side shot of a screen used patch and the prototype patch I had her make me before we finalized the size and design of the final patch.

Its close. My cousin was trying to make it look "ugly" and hand made on a fully automated machine. I think she did a great job. Not that any one would actually notice or care if they saw me wearing this. Doesn't matter, I did it for myself and I'm really happy with the results. Also note, these were one off patches that she did for me as a favor, so there won't be any for sale thread for these things. Thanks for looking!
Sutton621, Bassfingerz liked this
GBStantz wrote:
GBStantz wrote:Just custom ordered my suit. $244 to Chicago with the same options Vince posted, and the lighter Resolute poly/cotton fabric.

Super excited
Just got mine in! Fits like a glove, super comfortable. I love it. Can't wait to get the patches on. Pictures make it look a little grey, but its spot on color-wise in person.

This is how you know it's perfect!! It makes it *JUST* like the screen used ones that people think are grey but really arent ;)
Has anyone found a fix for the white zipper backing on the khaki suits?

Looking at the GB1 pics, it seems like the the wrist cuff velcro's loop fastener should be smaller, the same size as the waist's. Does that seem right?
Do the G&B Sentinel (poly/cotton) suits come as standard with the Brass Zippers? Might order one soon the price it's showing for an off the shelve fit (which should fit me fine) is acceptable but would need to reconsider if the price for a brass zipper is then to be threw in on top of that
I'm actually currently talking with Jess at Gibson & Barnes through e-mail. I asked her and she said brass zippers come standard with Sentinel. I'll post pics when I get my suit. Not sure if I'm doing dark gray first or a variant of my state.
By JayM
I just want to give everyone a heads up: I was talking with someone from G&B since they called me about my order. They don't offer brass zippers anymore (which I'm okay with) and you can't provide them with any replacement ones because they find that the customer-provided zipper tape isn't wide enough. In addition, make sure to confirm with them that they know you want Side Entry Zips instead of trouser pockets if you're going that route. I discussed it with a representative and put it in my special instructions yet the person writing up my order didn't seem to be aware of that request, but made sure it was noted. Just in case, I'd make sure/call them when you place your order. I know this sounds kind of negative but their customer service is excellent and they are super nice/patient.
By JayM
Well I'm talking to them right now to see if they can tell me exactly what zippers they use so I can get them in brass. If this works I'll be able to get brass zippers with black tape instead of white. Pretty sure they use YKK tape and zippers. Hopefully they'll give me the okay because I don't mind if it delays my suit until after Halloween if I can get them.

Edit: Actually when they get back to me, which style of zipper do you guys think is closest? I know its in the brass and rectangular category:
http://www.zipperstop.com/index.php?opt ... &Itemid=73
I'm thinking #5?
By JayM
Okay. I found out that they special order their own zipper tape to be wide enough for the suits, so if you buy some and send it to them it won't work. I'll do more research for a place that sells zipper tape wide enough and I think after I get my suit I'll find a professional and obtain what is needed to get the zippers replaced.
Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]