I just spoke to Jessica from G&B and she said the Brass Zippers are still available just only on the main zippers, any pockets or other zips will be standard. Are the standard zippers like the ones on a nomex, metal, coated in Black paint?

If so, I might just sand them down and then paint them with a gold paint pen, at least that way I don't have to put up with the white zipper tape
So, call me crazy, but I had a 3rd suit made by Gibson and Barnes for me. This time it was made out of fabric I supplied myself. I wanted a Khaki Herringbone Flight suit, like the ones used in GB2.

Here's a screen cap of Dan and Ernie. You can see the Herringbone pattern pretty well on Ernie in this shot:

Here's a shot of some of the Khaki GB2 suits that were on display in New York:

And then here's a close up from the display at Sony:

Here's my suit:

With the help of Jarius and Ron Daniels, I was able to procure some of this fabric and sent it on its way to Gibson and Barnes. I worked with a new woman, Rita Weldy. She was great! I also want to mention that G&B can still make suits with brass zippers. I had this suit made over the last month and a half and it has them, so I don't know what the issue was before.

All and all, I'm really happy with my purchase. Now I just need to sew patches on.
Sutton621, Dougger liked this
Theoretically i can afford one of these if I would stop throwing money at the builds i have going right now.....i definitely want one....perhaps i shall make this a gift to myself for when i lose another 20lbs and quit smoking.

The suit looks great... some folks dig tailored designer cloths...we dig flight suits....let them call you crazy.....you can tell them to learn to live a little.
I just ordered a Flight Suit from G& B with Vinces options minus the Nomex for Poly Resolute Fabric instead. The price on it was $244.00. A little pricy but I am sure they stand up really well. I have been a big fan and involved with GB of Alberta Canada for a while now. I was dealing with Amanda Stroud and she is great to work with. She said it will take roughly 5 weeks to make and ship. So hopefully I will have it in time for Halloween. I will post pictures when I get it. I ordered Joe Luna's No ghost patch so I am hoping the uniform will be close to screen accurate when I am done.

Next year I am looking at ordering a GB2 uniform from them as well. What was the color that was decided that was close to screen accurate? It doesn't help when I a slightly color blind.
Vincenzo330 liked this
Ok....I e-mailed the last known contact we had from G&B (Rita Weldy) a few days ago and no reply yet.

I had asked for a shipping price for five suits so thought they'd be biting my hand off for an order like that...but as of yet no reply, which is making me wonder is Rita involved still.
I had called them a few months ago for some replacement Velcro for my suit and I believe I spoke with Amanda. I mentioned I would be ordering a custom suit and he said she would be very happy to talk more when I was ready.
I've been emailing back and forth with Rita, and yes, she still works there. She actually just sent me fabric swatches of both the Nomex and Poly/Cotton. The Poly/Cotton looks a bit more greenish than the Nomex to me.
So i did some adventuring with the fabric color remover and violet fabric dye and got these results. This is a P/C gibson and barnes custom. Also I took some of these pics in cool/natural light or whatever the hell it is lol and added some pic color effects to my camera. Feedback is much appreciated. :)

Here it is without flash

Here it is with flash

AMC78 liked this
"Hello Conor,

I regret to inform you that we are no longer customizing suits using fabric provided by the customer.

We are only manufacturing suits that we already have in our possession.

We’ve been experiencing an unusual amount of orders and custom suits are not being accepted as these things have a tendency to hold up production.

They require design and pattern time which takes away from the factory.

If you are still interested in ordering though, we can still use the khaki or dark grey we have."

From Rita.

I've asked her if this position might change if business returns to normal / slower trend, but I know the answer.
abaka wrote:"Hello Conor,

I regret to inform you that we are no longer customizing suits using fabric provided by the customer.

We are only manufacturing suits that we already have in our possession.

We’ve been experiencing an unusual amount of orders and custom suits are not being accepted as these things have a tendency to hold up production.

They require design and pattern time which takes away from the factory.

If you are still interested in ordering though, we can still use the khaki or dark grey we have."

From Rita.

I've asked her if this position might change if business returns to normal / slower trend, but I know the answer.

Did you ever get a follow up from her? I wonder if a group order would be allowed.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]