xmr wrote:Hm, I ordered a suit last week and my order says "pre-authorization". Emails are not answered. Does anyone know what that means?
If you're talking about Cockpit USA, the last time I contacted them (August) they were conducting some type of quality control tests with the flightsuits that were taking much longer than anticipated. They were anticipating having the suits back in stock by late September. I'm guessing that they may still be having issues.
xmr wrote:Right before I ordered they told me my size is in stock. Maybe they have communication problems because of Sandy...
I just checked their website and saw this in their Facebook feed...

"Dear Cockpit Customers,
We are sorry but our New York City offices are
closed due to lack of power.
Our phones and emails are not working.
Please be patient!

We wish all those who were in the storm’s path
a quick recovery. Be sure to take this time to
help those in need!

- Jacky & Jeff Clyman"
Ha! I never noticed. I've updated the page at last. I basically copy and pasted most of the description from the Cockpit USA page, but cleaned it up some. It might could still use some cleaning up... I also added to the description that these are similar in style to the ones used in the first film, they come with unpainted brass zippers, the color options and current price.

I also placed it above the Gibson and Barnes suit, only due to the fact that those are based on actual film suits in the second film. I put it below the Nomex because they're much more customizable and expensive. I had no idea how they were originally positioned and guessed.

Also, neat little bonus, that I wondered if it was important to add to either the description...

My front right breast pocket bares the Avirex label on the suit I bought from Cockpit USA. Am I reading this correctly that Avirex was the original company that produced the suits for the first film or has this never been officially confirmed?
So, It's been 5 years since I bought by first Cockpit USA costume and I spent about 5 years away from the community. Ignorantly, I bought another flight suit after I heard that they had restocked on them and came back disappointed. Whatever style/design they had before is virtually gone.

First off, they are no longer a pale khaki but more desert tan. (or piss yellow) The waist straps are infuriatingly higher, hugging against my ribs rather than my waist. The zippers are still brass, but the side pockets no longer zip, though I've heard they were removed at one point. Also while the zippers are still brass, some are painted black or have a darker appearance like they were just lightly brushed with black paint.

It was my personal opinion that the 2012 Cockpit USA was just about as close to a replica of the 1984 flight suits as you could get and now as of 2017 I am reversing that opinion about the new version that Cockpit now puts out.

It is by no means a bad suit. It is lighter, and you might get away with dyeing the suit, but the positioning of the waist straps has me sending this back.

Pictures to compare 2017 Cockpit to 2012 Cockpit!

2017 on the left and 2012 on the right. Note how high the waistband is. As you can see, they are both size 36.

Last edited by Pseudodonn7 on September 26th, 2017, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn Frederick liked this
Pseudodonn7 wrote:So, It's been 5 years since I bought by first Cockpit USA costume and I spent about 5 years away from the community. Ignorantly, I bought another flight suit after I heard that they had restocked on them and came back disappointing. Whatever style/design they had before is virtually gone.

First off, they are no longer a pale khaki but more desert tan. (or piss yellow) The waist straps are infuriatingly higher, hugging against my ribs rather than my waist. The zippers are still brass, but the side pockets no longer zip, though I've heard they were removed at one point. Though they zippers are still brass, some are painted black or have a darker appearance like they were just lightly brushed with a black paint.

It was my personal opinion that the 2012 Cockpit USA was just about as close to a replica of the 1984 flight suits as you could get and now as of 2017 I am reversing that opinion about the new version that Cockpit now puts out.

It is by no means a bad suit. It is lighter, and you might get away with dyeing the suit, but the positioning of the waist straps has me sending this back.

Pictures to compare 2017 Cockpit to 2012 Cockpit!

2017 on the left and 2012 on the right. Note how high the waistband is. As you can see, they are both size 36.

Ahh! I was just going to order one but also was concerned with the nicotine stained look of the website pictures. I actually made a new post asking about it.

Does the size of the Cockpit USA fit with the other brands? They sent me a suggested size and I found a few CWU-27P in it on eBay for about the same cost. My shirt size is XL with some baggyness and was suggested to get 2XL in Tru-Spec & Rothco.
Glenn Frederick liked this
Pseudodonn7 wrote:I haven't noticed much difference. They use to be quite baggy but this new one was a little tight. Might just be my age/weight gain tho'... :P

Personally, I'll take bagginess over a tight fit any day.
Thanks! I ordered one off eBay viewtopic.php?p=4898801#p4898801 Hopefully it will fit. I was worried about dying the new Cockpit USA colour because they're cotton and cotton shrinks in the hot water needed for most dying.
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]