By Wallabe
Fifthrider wrote:
Wallabe wrote:Are there any good places for a secondary/franchise patch? I've got a logo designed for an upcoming franchise, but it's far enough from conventional that I don't think it would make a suitable replacement for the original logo.

The So-Cal guys do something really neat. They have velcro on their uniform sleeves in the shape of the no-ghost patch so they can swap between the two. I always respected that decision.

As pointed out by Vince, I have seen the thread, and I do know about the velcro. My issue is the recognizability, because the logo I plan to use doesn't use the original no ghost shape. I still want to find a place for it, however.
By Fifthrider
Well said Chris.

Some_Guy wrote:Nobody is going to hassle you because you didn't shine your boots or anything like that, but when you start calling yourself "Commander of your GB Squad" or some garbage like that; that's just stupid.
Here's the sad part. There actually ARE some guys who do this.
By Chace
Fifthrider wrote:Well said Chris.

Some_Guy wrote:Nobody is going to hassle you because you didn't shine your boots or anything like that, but when you start calling yourself "Commander of your GB Squad" or some garbage like that; that's just stupid.
Here's the sad part. There actually ARE some guys who do this.
I like to have my GB peons refer to me as either the Grand Imperial Commander or on occasion, the HNIC. It instills confidence in them, some of which is admittedly lost by calling them peons.

But back on topic, Alabama, Georgia, and Louisana all wear the franchise patch on the left sleeve but all of our franchise patches both are shaped funky and are smaller than the logo patch.

I just personally prefer having both logos, but I mean...whatever.
By Wallabe
Chace wrote: But back on topic, Alabama, Georgia, and Louisana all wear the franchise patch on the left sleeve but all of our franchise patches both are shaped funky and are smaller than the logo patch.

I've noticed that, but the opinions voiced here have made it sound like a total mess Do you just sew yours on the pockets?
By Chace
Wallabe wrote:I've noticed that, but the opinions voiced here have made it sound like a total mess Do you just sew yours on the pockets?
No, ours are between the top of the pocket and the shoulder which does throw it off center but that never bothered me
You can see mine and Mike's pretty good in this pic

Here's Brock's Alabama one.

and here's Ben from Louisana

Meh, its all opinion and opinion is relative. Either way of doing it is a viable option.
By Wallabe
Chace wrote:
Wallabe wrote:I've noticed that, but the opinions voiced here have made it sound like a total mess Do you just sew yours on the pockets?
No, ours are between the top of the pocket and the shoulder which does throw it off center but that never bothered me
You can see mine and Mike's pretty good in this pic

Here's Brock's Alabama one.

and here's Ben from Louisana

Meh, its all opinion and opinion is relative. Either way of doing it is a viable option.
Alright, thanks. Those actually look really good, in my opinion, so I think that's what we'll end up going with.
By Wallabe
The Roach On Twelve wrote:I think If you are gonna do it that way.

Make them smaller.

IMO When its placed to low or the patch is to large, it looks sloppy.
I will definitely consider that
By Fifthrider
(shrug) Yeah, I can see how those patches on each sleeve look okay when you've got the official one on one side and the franchise one on the other. I'm definitely with Roach about it being better if it's above the pocket. Higher looks better.

HNIC? Dammit Chace, I need to not drink coffee while reading anything you write.
By RPMs
Chace wrote:But back on topic, Alabama, Georgia, and Louisana all wear the franchise patch on the left sleeve but all of our franchise patches both are shaped funky and are smaller than the logo patch.

Wisconsin also wears their custom patches on the left sleeve. Personally, I didn't like the sleeve pocket so I removed it and put our patch in its place. Our patches are the same size as the regular patch. My patch is a little low, but it matches the location of the one on my right sleeve, which is also a little low. :whatever:
By keoni
The Roach On Twelve wrote:
Some_Guy wrote:
That picture right there demonstrates how sloppy that patch placement looks. Even OVER the pocket it looks sloppy. Something like that would either be a hassle to sew or iron on, or need to be reattached constantly.

It just looks silly and is completely unneeded.

Accuracy has nothing to do with it.
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... _n.jpg[img]
the point of you quoting him and reposting my pic was?????

The Roach On Twelve wrote: IMO When its placed to low or the patch is to large, it looks sloppy.
Im gonna have to agree. I dont like the way it looks. I dont have a pocket on my left sleeve so it is even; removing the pocket doesnt sound like a bad idea, though I cant say that I'd do it.
By keoni
Some_Guy wrote: But it's when people try to take something that's obviously not military, and try to organize it as such. There generally aren't any rules for the Ghostbusters, but there are standards. Nobody is going to hassle you because you didn't shine your boots or anything like that, but when you start calling yourself "Commander of your GB Squad" or some garbage like that; that's just stupid.

Like I mentioned earlier, the GBs were just some regular joes looking for a steady job. Winston wanted in for, like he said, "A steady paycheck" The Rookie in the game was in it for the same, and I'm sure the 4 new Busters in Sanctum of Slime are in it for the same reason as well. Yes I'm aware my last two examples aren't technically 'canon', but it gets my point across.

Stop trying to make it a "Unit" and leave it as a group, that's all I'm saying. (<-This wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Just saying.)
as mentioned already, there are people that hassle members for inaccuracies.

I obviously missed it somewhere otherwise it wouldnt have been brought up, but would someone mind giving more detail/examples of where this is being done? just wondering cause I've never heard or seen anything about units or rankings, only patches declaring group/franchise associations.
By Lobosmedic
I'm all for franchise patches, and if they're made to fit in the no ghost then great. It's true that smaller custom patches are easier to ft properly, and rankings in military style was never screen accurate, nor appreciated by many.

I'm trying to work an apple shape as the red outline of the no ghost, with litlle apple busters on the cross out arm, and maybe an MHK for manhattan ks. A powercat or wildcat is trademarked and might not look great, but I may have to go oddball shaped and do a ks shape. Would wear both the franchise and no ghost, but don't know about pocket removal yet.
By Lobosmedic
Double post I know but I wanted to ask a Q to all you SoCal guys out there. Your patch is very close with the franchise one, when do you guys swap them out and Velcro on the original? Cool idea.
keoni wrote: the point of you quoting him and reposting my pic was?????
The reason I responded with the picture was because not everyone can access Facebook from work, and everyone doesn't have a facebook.

It is a courtesy you overlooked.

Lobosmedic wrote:Double post I know but I wanted to ask a Q to all you SoCal guys out there. Your patch is very close with the franchise one, when do you guys swap them out and Velcro on the original? Cool idea.
A lot of people do this.

We also do it.
However, I've become so attached to our franchise patch that I'm going to sew mine directly on like Vince.
By Evil Stripe
I'll keep any franchise patch off my uniform, as I [prefer the unform to mirror what's seen on screen.
But will definitley put a franchise patch on the jacket that I attend events with before getting changed.
By Fifthrider
Thank you for the repost of the pic. I'm at work and I can't see Facebook.

The pic of the guys in berets was.... Look, there's a difference between nitpicking accuracy and abandoning everything to "make it your own." The second choice seems to be the one for those who feel nothing is "going too far" and everything is permissible. If you're of this mindset, don't think that those of us with standards are automatically accuracy freaks out to get you. Maybe your ideas are just plain nutty.

Keoni. Love that pic. The look on Dan's face. I'm assuming a split second before the pic you leaned over and whispered "You're my real dad. Remember that night in Chicago in 1982? That was my mom." Dan = WTF?
By monolith21
I think a good unofficial rule of bent thumb with Ghostbusters is "keep it in the spirit of the movies".

If one is going to put their own spin on it, that is cool, but could you imagine Peter, Ray, Egon, or Winston wearing it or using it in the films? I always dig seeing custom packs that people throw lots of imagination into, but if someone showed up with a pack that had skulls and crossbones on it or something really severe...it just wouldn't look right.

One can be serious about the hobby without taking it all too serious. I smiled pretty big the day I saw that this places was organizing into "franchises" as opposed to "squads". There are definitely places where a squad would be more appropriate, but not in a "Ghostbusters" community.

Around here I'd rather see slime or marshmallow covered boots over spit shinned boots any day!

For sure. I think seeing ordinary guys like the Gh[…]

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]