Ok, so I have been doing the research and using the search function to no real avail. I found somebody who says they did it successfully but no response from him yet. I am trying to take an Olive Drab Rothco flight suit and get it to lighten up as close to GB 1 as possible with what I have to work with. I have so far done two stove top Rit Color Remover cycles with a lot of purple coming out but not a big change in the overall color. If I continue this process over and over and over will it eventually come out? Do I need to change up the process a little with additives or something? I don't want to try the drastic things and ruin the suit so any help from all the veterans would be greatly appreciated.
Ok, so no responses yet and that sucks. So, i'll just update with what I have tried.

I have done about 2 more stripping sessions one of which I used 2 packets. Still only fading a little at a time.

I then went ahead and got a little desperate and tried straight up bleach. I filled a bucket a little ways, put in the flight suit and mashed it and moved it and stirred it all into the bleach and did this for maybe 2 minutes only as I didn't want to ruin the fabric more then I prob was. Upon taking it out and rinsing off the bleach it looks lighter again but no drastic changes.

I am puzzled as to how the member here used what I think was the same suit and got it to near khaki color.
I used the same flight suit for my son's costume. I used an entire gallon of pure bleach and 2 packs of rit dye remover and it didn't effect the color at ALL!! The suit says it's 60% cotton but there is no way that's possible. Here is the thread with my sons suit: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 43&t=29319

Had to just stick with the Olive color because it just wouldn't change.
Thanks for a reply and some feedback on your luck. I have a interesting update on my luck. I think I have gotten it to lighten to the khaki color that I was hoping for. It took a bleach soak for a few hours and the material might be really thin now but it looks to be a ton lighter which is great! I'll try to post pics if requested as there doesn't seem to be people dying to see a kids suit.
It is so much harder to go from dark to light. Even if you were to get the suit lighter, you have to worry about color warping from the bleach. I have a charcoal suit I made from black with bleach and dye and I still see reflective brown patches from the bleaching in certain light.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

http://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Boys-Black ... light+suit

http://www.amazon.com/Rothco-Boys-Od-Fl ... light+suit

http://www.soldiercity.com/childrens-mi ... &iorb=4764

Here are all the places I could find. I know a Tru-Spec khaki one exists for kids somewhere.
If you do a bleach soak, when you are done rinse it out very well, then submerge it in a bucket of hydrogen peroxide for 30 seconds. Then just a quick rinse and toss it in the washing machine as a normal wash cycle.

The peroxide neutralizes the evil bleach so it doesn't continue eating away at the cotton. (Yes even after you wash it, bleach is some strong stuff)
Hello all. Just checking in on this old thread. Does anyone have any pics of the final outcome? Or maybe a quick step by step on what was successful for you? I was going to try this over the weekend on my 3 and 7 year olds Rothco suits and I could use some helpful hints. I'm trying to go from olive drab to khaki. I know that Finnbuster was pretty successful with the color removal but I'm unsure of the step by step process. Thanks so much!
In the middle of a kid's GB1 build myself. Also purchased an olive drab flightsuit for him and will be anxious to figure out the best color-changing process. Thanks to one and all who provide feedback here to help us noobs out!

P.S. Also building my own GB1, and my wife a GB2016.

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]