By halliwax
hey jay, looks real good!! i was just curious about ur elbow pads though. being a newbie i have allot of questions, why did u use the plain elbow pads, rather then the grey ones available in this gbfans store?
By pyhasanon
The GBFans elbow pads are fairly new... Jay already had pads made by that time... He does, however, have GBFans pads, which he modified with the darker outline and added the black elastic band to the inner part of the pad...
By PssdffJay
I was watching GB a couple days ago and watching Ray right before shooting at slimmer, it still to me looks like the outline is darker. Maybe not the inside ones on the pads but definitely the outside edge. I found the paint pen did fade over time on my old ones so it will lighten up a bit and just accentuate the lines.
By PssdffJay
The pic a few posts up? It's a nomex. When I processed it, the color got all screwed up and it really cooled it down. I tried to warm it back up in tapatalk but I really just keen to fix the original.

All 3 of us are in nomex suits.
By PssdffJay
Small update. Micah and I decided to attempt the magnet modification based on bishopdonmiguel's post here: http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 42&t=36691 using GohstTarp's method to modify a Crix leg hose connector. We followed it exactly except for 1 small change.

We picked up some 1/2" neodymium magnets and some 1/4" barrel magnets and that same white t connecter thing. Cut, bored out, fit and glued in the magnets in the white, white thing...

Then we cut off the stem, drilled of the the rest of the stem with a 1/2" spade bit, I found going backwards much easier and less destructive than going forwards. Then using a 5/8" spade bit, drilled down into the connector and using the 1/2" bit again, countersunk to 1/8" so the magnet would fit in.

Some super glue and it was all set. Just remember to make sure the polarity of the magnets is correct, you don't have to have that backwards.

So what did we change? I found that the magnet would hold, but I wanted a bit stronger, so all we did was add a second 1/2" magnet and glued it into the leg hose connector. Even without the second magnet, I put my suit on and jumped up and down a bunch of times and it wasn't falling out. I just like to overdo things. :)

The white residue is just some super glue that I need to scrape off.

Nicely done! I should replace my homemade connector with one of Crix's... but the thought of having to sew again... not yet. MadKidJedi had a good solution. Hmmmmm.
By halliwax
nothing wrong with over doing things jay! thats how i build as well! thanks for taking the time and posting your leg connection mod, i appreciate your suggestions and guidance !
By PssdffJay
I scored another nomex suit in my size for a really good price and I'm going to slime the old one and have the new on normal. My question for you all is what do you think of the name patch that AJ made.

The bigger one is a Katarra one that is on my suit and the smaller one is the one AJ just sent and would be going on the new suit. Does it look too small?

I like the red and the lettering looks good, but something about the size is bugging me. Thoughts?

The reason I'm sliming the old one is 1. I got another suit cheap, and 2. when I attempted to dye it I was awaking it a lot and itching the velcro really did a number to it. It's pretty ratty and pilly.
PssdffJay wrote:My question for you all is what do you think of the name patch that AJ made.
I prefer the larger patch.
By halliwax
just red threw your thread again jay, im going to tackle sewing this up coming week and used your thread as a refresher

thanks again for so much detail, you are a really big help, i really appreciate your guidance!
Hey Jay where did you get the magnets for your leg hose from?
By robpenfold
Photoshop is fun. I spent hours trying to perfect a proton stream. I can't wait until I get all my stuff together and get a picture of me in it so I can do some real photoshopping. I might even make myself handsomer in the process.
By PssdffJay
robpenfold wrote:Photoshop is fun. I spent hours trying to perfect a proton stream. I can't wait until I get all my stuff together and get a picture of me in it so I can do some real photoshopping. I might even make myself handsomer in the process.
I tried that too but I get an error message:

"System error 836 - not enough resources to improve on perfection"

Not sure what what means...

I need to do a proper shoot when I finish everything off and do some proton streams too. I haven't given that a go yet.
PssdffJay wrote:We have a local store called Lee Valley Tools. Not sure if they are in the states or a one off store.
I Googled it and it turns out we have a Lee Valley Tools in Edmonton too, so my next question is I know you said that you got 1/2" neodymium magnets and some 1/4" barrel magnets but what brand of magnets did you use?
By PssdffJay
Just go there and you use their self ordering stations. Search magnets any they'll come up. It's all loose inventory. Print out the slip, hinting he counter and they pull it for you. Get extra, I had 2 of the 1/2" ones shatter on me.
Cool, thanks Jay!
By Nicholszz
Saw that picture and was like...

"WE WHERE AT THE STAMPEDE!?!?"

Sat there for a few minutes thinking...
Then remembered Calgary Expo was on the Stampede grounds.

Is this kind of... Brain activity normal for turning 30!?
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]