By PssdffJay
Gas for a 6 hour round trip to Edmonton - $80.

Entry into the Edmonton Expo - $25.

Photo and autograph with Summer Glau - priceless! (Well actually $85, but who's counting?)

My first paid for autograph/photo. Definitely worth it but I wish I brought a real camera.

Jordin, Sean, and I drive up to Edmonton for the day. It was pretty awesome! Met up with some other Etown GBs, posed for I don't know how many hundreds of photos. Also met this guy! And some random woman who decided to be in the photo too...

Great to meet you Paul!
Hoot liked this
By pyhasanon
$85...?!? I love Summer Glau, and my wife would have begged me for the photo op as well (which wouldn't take much persuading for me for Summer Glau), but why is it $85? I've been to quite a few Cons, but even the higher end actors didn't cost that much... did she at least give you an autograph as well?

Edit: I should still mention that I love the photo... thanks for sharing! =D
By bishopdonmiguel
You're out there makin' us proud Jay. Great pics!
By PssdffJay
pyhasanon wrote:$85...?!? I love Summer Glau, and my wife would have begged me for the photo op as well (which wouldn't take much persuading for me for Summer Glau), but why is it $85? I've been to quite a few Cons, but even the higher end actors didn't cost that much... did she at least give you an autograph as well?

Edit: I should still mention that I love the photo... thanks for sharing! =D
Yes, that was for a photo as well as an autograph. And that was cheap compared to many others. When Sigourney was in Calgary for our expo, her photos were about $200, plus another $200 if you wanted a signature. As cool as it would have been, I was not going to pay that.

Keep in mind, $85 CAD is like $20 USD. ;)
Nicholszz liked this
By Ecto_1X
That's awesome Jay! That must be exciting for you to meet her! Was she pretty cool? and yeah prices even here are ridiculous. Every year Celeb photos in Fan Expo Toronto are around $100 range (depending on which celebrity). I believe that price increases every year.. not sure. I didn't check this year
By Naptime
PssdffJay wrote:Gas for a 6 hour round trip to Edmonton - $80.

Entry into the Edmonton Expo - $25.

Photo and autograph with Summer Glau - priceless! (Well actually $85, but who's counting?)

My first paid for autograph/photo. Definitely worth it but I wish I brought a real camera.

Jordin, Sean, and I drive up to Edmonton for the day. It was pretty awesome! Met up with some other Etown GBs, posed for I don't know how many hundreds of photos. Also met this guy! And some random woman who decided to be in the photo too...

Great to meet you Paul!
Jay, I can't tell you how great it was to meet up with you and your crew. Thanks for letting me pick your brains about my builds and for all the advice you gave me. I personally think you're an incredible resource on this site and an inspiration to what to strive for. Your gear looked incredible (as did your entire crew's) and it was nice to see it up close. To top it all off, you're a great guy too! Thanks again for taking the time to hang out. I'm looking forward to sharing my own uniform & prop builds once I get back home!
PssdffJay liked this
By Matt Campbell
PssdffJay wrote:Jordin, Sean, and I drive up to Edmonton for the day. It was pretty awesome! Met up with some other Etown GBs
I was there on Saturday and didn't see any other Busters there, closest I came was a dude in a leather biker vest with a GB2 logo patch on side side and a Stantz name tag on the other sporting what looked like a cardboard hybrid of a movie and RGB pack. I keep missing other local members.
By bishopdonmiguel
I believe I spotted Jay and crew at the very end of the Edmonton Expo cosplay music video.
By Matt Campbell
PssdffJay wrote:We were there only on Sunday. Tyler was there, his girlfriend had a table but as far as I know he didn't wear his gear at all.
Yeah I recall you saying that in the Canadian GB Intros thread so I knew I wasn't going to see you guys, I'm just saying that I didn't see anyone else in GB gear there on Saturday while I was there with my family.
By PssdffJay
bishopdonmiguel wrote:I believe I spotted Jay and crew at the very end of the Edmonton Expo cosplay music video.
Do you have a link? They shot a bunch of stuff of all the cosplayers on that staircase.

The nice thing is there aren't a lot of ghostbusters here so it's not like a dime a dozen, but bad thing is, it's always a small group.
By Nicholszz
PssdffJay wrote:
bishopdonmiguel wrote:I believe I spotted Jay and crew at the very end of the Edmonton Expo cosplay music video.
Do you have a link? They shot a bunch of stuff of all the cosplayers on that staircase.

The nice thing is there aren't a lot of ghostbusters here so it's not like a dime a dozen, but bad thing is, it's always a small group.
We're near the end Jay.
By PssdffJay
Did you see Firefly, Serenity, or Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles? That's just to name a few off the top of my head.

Last edited by PssdffJay on September 30th, 2014, 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pyhasanon
You're missing out, Firefly was an excellent series... Um, we're really derailing this thread now... =P
alphabeta001 liked this
By PssdffJay
pyhasanon wrote:You're missing out, Firefly was an excellent series... Um, we're really derailing this thread now... =P
Thats ok, Summer Glau can derail my thread anytime... wait, that's not what I mean...
By Gizmo555
I know I'm a few years late but I really enjoyed reading your post. I really related to a lot of your comments. Thankful I found this website. Its been a huge learning experiance for me. The more I read about the uniform and the props the more I learned. Wish I would have read and learned more before I started buying stuff. I might have saved some money along the way, instead of buying some things that looked correct but were not! LOL Anyway, I think I'm on the right path now and hopefully soon I'll have a uniform and props that look as great as yours turned out. :)
By PssdffJay
Thanks! I think we all get a little excited and then order stuff we shouldn't. Just depends on how obsessed you are if you end up reordering more and more accurate stuff. Or if you have a closet full of uniforms... I've been on a bit of a hiatus, but there will be some updates all around very soon!

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]