By PssdffJay

Wait? What is this? Didn't you already make a GB2 suit?

Why yes, yes I did. Now I'm doing 6 of these bastards! After a little hiatus to deal with some life shit, I'm back! And convinced our group to do a GB2 day for the expo here next month. 6 suits and 6 sets of fobs for the GBFans black belts. Stay tuned!

Process so far- I'm doing all 6 suits at the same time so they match. I have removed the pen flap and the Velcro. Then I washed the suits twice with extra fabric softer just for luck. Then it was a soak with manual agitation in 5 boxes of RIT colour remover for 1 hour, then the wash cycle. Then I ran them through another wash with detergent and dried them.

Now I'm on to the bleaching. House smells like bleach again. Great....

EDIT: And my iPhone camera still does that stupid pink spot in the middle of the photos. Its not there in real life.
By PssdffJay
I took my suit to a fabric store so I could find a thread colour that matched. I also used the strongest type I could find but if you are just adding it for the look, you could use anything that matches.

I'm in another province right now, but I can check to see what it said on it when I get home.
By tilallr1
PssdffJay wrote:I took my suit to a fabric store so I could find a thread colour that matched. I also used the strongest type I could find but if you are just adding it for the look, you could use anything that matches.

I'm in another province right now, but I can check to see what it said on it when I get home.
Thanks man.
By PssdffJay
Sorry, forgot about this. Yes, I found it at Fabricland.

The top of the spools says: Dual Duty XP. Heavy. Coats. Gros Pesado.

The bottom says: Coats & Clark. Art.S950. H3. Conor 8530. 0 73650 78032 5. 100% Polyester Covered Polyester.

Hopefully that helps.
By tilallr1
PssdffJay wrote:Sorry, forgot about this. Yes, I found it at Fabricland.

The top of the spools says: Dual Duty XP. Heavy. Coats. Gros Pesado.

The bottom says: Coats & Clark. Art.S950. H3. Conor 8530. 0 73650 78032 5. 100% Polyester Covered Polyester.

Hopefully that helps.
Awesome. Will check my local Fabricland tomorrow. Thanks again.
By tilallr1
They had it and surprise, surprise (not) it was the only thread color remotely close to the suit. Thanks for saving me the time. It was super easy and can't wait to add it to the hose. The magnetic setup worked great. Took me over a hour to do it last night, even with the correct Forstner bits (Which I really recommend BTW).

Thanks for posting your positive results with this setup. With our cold Halloweens, it would have easily fallen out, but thanks to you that issue has been diverted.
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]