By abaka
Not to add to the derailment of your thread PssdffJay, but the suits in GB2 at the party opening were the same Khaki suits with the herringbone pattern that was used throughout the entire film...Just with GB1 logos and not GB2.

Another point for the flight suits in GB2 was apparently the material used for the GB2 suits was a thicker material than the 1st films, I believe GB1 was filmed in Summer and GB2 was filmed in winter?
By Silverstreak
Jay your suit looks great!

Personally if/when I go for a GB2 suit, I think I will leave it alone. I'm somewhat colorblind to dark shades anyway, and have a hard time telling charcoal from navy blue suits when I go to Macys etc. I really do think the greyness comes from the lighting and film stock rather than any custom material used by the costume department.
By PssdffJay
Wharin's belt gizmo made to fit the Doug's gizmo came in today. I was very worried it was made too small and after some reassurance from Wharin, I got it to fit. It's tight! Thighter than an emo guys jeans!

I do wish the leather was a little bit softer but maybe it will soften up? I have mink oil but not sure if I should use it.

I put some hook and loop on the 9volt holder and attached it to the front inside. It fits perfect inside.

By NoodleMaps
The holster looks great!!
I may have to get that one. I got mine off ebay and it may be too big.
If you don't mind can you show a photo of what you did with the 9-volt. I was thinking of drilling a hole in my holster and bolting the battery to the back. May be too much effort.

By PssdffJay
That was tricky to do, hopefully you can see from the photo.

I have a roll of industrial Velcro that is about 2" wide. I cut about a 2" x 2" piece of the hook side and put that on the inside of the front. Then I cut a piece of the loop side the same size as the 9volt holder and now I can stick the battery in the inside and it will stick to a large area. I don't have to worry about lining it up perfectly.

I put the loop side on the battery holder so that if it gets worn out, it's easier to change the battery holder if I needed to with new loop.

If you do get one, I think you have to specify that it is to fit Doug's gizmo. Wharin can weigh in on that. I think there is extra room in front for the battery.
By Wharin
Glad to see you got it worked out! I'd keep it stiff and let it mellow out on its own. That way, it only gets soft in the places you need it to, unless your gizmo board will fly out. Doesn't hurt to hit it with a conditioner twice a year though!

My gizmo holster is based off the hero plans, so it's designed to fit the dimensions of the Sanyo board, and since dougs is a carbon copy, it will fit his too, no need for specification. I do offer a mounting service for dougs board though: If you order my holster, I attach a battery clip via the snap hardware on the front flap for an extra 10 bucks. I really need to put that in my thread because I completely forgot when you ordered, jason.
By PssdffJay
Yes, just got it to fit. She's a thought one. Not sure if my GB2 belt will fit through. I'll have to check that when the belt arrives.

It's better that I didn't get the battery clip mounted. I only had a little slack to the wires. After soldering them, I did put a dab of hot glue about an inch away at the side of the board to hold them so I couldn't actually pull them out. Sorry, no photo. There is no way I'm going to be able to pull this out to take a new photo. It's in there good and tight!
By PssdffJay
This is frustrating. Pepi shipped out my patch and I have been tracking it. It was supposed to be here today. Instead of going north from Portland to Calgary, for some reason it decided to take a detour all the the way out to Maryland. That's further then if it just went straight here! I tried to call USPS to see if it's even the right shipping number but after an hour and 3 minutes on hold waiting for someone, I gave up. I emailed Pepi to confirm the tracking number but haven't heard back yet. Bizarre.

By Wharin
I've seen that happen once or twice with usps. It all comes down to where they handle their international stuff. I know sometimes if I order a package from new york, it might take a detour through new jersey before it reaches ct
By Hoot
Hey buddy, not uncommon. East coast is either thru MD or JFK. Southern corridor seems to wind up to go from Miami, and the rest...LAX. your stuff will wind up likely on a plane to Vancouver (only western international mail centre) then trucked to Calgary or Edmonton and then broken down to be delivered... after Customs gets their mitts on it.
By PssdffJay
I could see it going through LAX. That's normal when I track things.

Turns out though it got delivered to an address in Maryland, so Pepi had entered the wrong number in the sale on Bonanza and Bonanza emailed me with the tracking number. I sent him another email saying it was the wrong number and asked what the correct one is or if it's even shipped out yet. No answer back yet. Oh well. It'll get here eventually.
By pyhasanon
Great thread, Jay, love the look of your uniforms! Looking forward to finally getting mine together...
By PssdffJay
Thanks! It's fun, but a little addictive for me trying to get as accurate as possible. The Mark III will be a custom G and B. I already talked to Amanda there and mentioned I would be ordering one probably sometime this year. I want to work on the gut a bit more first.
By PssdffJay
Big post with lots of photos. The belt is the one I got from the GBFans store while I wait for my custom one that DerGrundel is making for me. I think I was able to get that nice weird mix of blue / grey.

alphabeta001 liked this
By PssdffJay
Yep! It's not going to be used with my pack, but I didn't know what to do with my hands. I'll be building one of Vin's aluminum one when it arrives.

Its incredible, yesterday it was -15 degrees celsius and my yard was covered in snow. Today it went up to +15 degrees celsius! A 30 degree increase in 24 hours! I saw lots of people in shorts today and I would have even taken the top off my jeep, but it is incredibly sloppy and I didn't really want to have to hose out the inside of my jeep after. Got to love chinooks!
By PssdffJay
Higgs1 wrote:Do ghostbusters not smile?! Suit looks great though! Can't wait to see how your pack comes together.
Nope! You don't smile after you've seen shit that'll turn you white!

Thanks! I'm happy with how it turned out in the end. It looks more charcoal-y in real life but more blue-y in photos. Waiting for some parts to ship out and then I can keep going on the pack. Now, with a GB2 Suit, looks like I'm going to have to make a GB2 pack… it never ends does it? :sigh: Thats ok, I'll keep that one a resin pack… maybe…

And, I kinda smirked. ;)
By pyhasanon
Yeah, you're tempting me to build a GB2 suit as well... Gonna wait till I get my khaki ones in the mail first to see if the size fits right... I'm in the US Navy, and I got the same size as the rest of my Nomex-style uniforms, so it should be fine, but I want to see first just to make sure...
PssdffJay liked this
By pyhasanon
Hey, Jay, where'd you get your GB2 style name tag? I've been going to Katarra8 on Etsy for my GB1 needs, but I like how your GB2 name tag looks...
Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]