By PssdffJay
Hey Matt, saw your build for your son, it looks awesome! I wish I was in E-Town this week though, I hear Ghostbusters is screening on Wednesday or that's what the inter webs told me. I'm still debating on driving up for it, if there wasn't that pesky job thing I have to go to everyday.

Haven't heard at all from the Ghostbuster of Alberta. Even tried emailing them directly. It's a shame really. There were phone numbers listed but I don't really want to start calling them.
By Matt Campbell
I haven't heard anything about any screenings, but mind you I've only really had my mind on suiting up and going out trick or treating with my wife and kids Thursday night.
By PssdffJay
Yes!! I won our costume contest! 2 tickets for the Kiss concert!

I had to laugh, as our judges arrived and before they ever started they looked at me and said "Come on, that's not even fair!" I took it as a compliment.

The three winners. Bhairvi, my assistant, the pirate was number 3. Jo-Anne was the Geisha number 2. And lastly me on the end as number 1. Feels pretty good, I've never won any of our office contests before.

I told them I would opt out next year when I show up with a proton pack built. Unless I think of something else to wear to work but all my clients are getting a kick out of it.
By ScooterinAB
Matt Campbell wrote:The uniform looks good man, nice job.
PssdffJay wrote: Where are you all Alberta Ghostbusters? You don't answer... :-(
I've been busy building my almost 4 year old son's 3/4 scale Real Ghostbusters Proton Pack (he'll have his before I have my own) for the last week or so and I live in Edmonton, otherwise I'd probably have been there.

As for the Ghostbusters of Alberta Canada I don't know as I've never been a member of the group, there hasn't been much if any activity on they're Facebook page in a while, my cousin who lives in Calgary went with her family to the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo this past spring and she told me that they were there, and at the Edmonton Expo last month my son Logan and I were there on the first day in uniform and didn't see any other Busters there but on the second day when I went by myself out of uniform I did see one other Buster there in uniform but he wasn't a very talkative fellow.
As for the Ghostbusters of Alberta, we had a tough year and a half. I've been very sick, and got really wiped out in Calgary. Another member has been broke since (saving to buy a house with Mrs. Ghostbuster plus car repairs), while another broke up with his girlfriend right after Calgary. As I mentioned in another thread, a lot of us arent social media guys, and I think the FB group was mostly set up to get photos. We have a more active private group through which we plan. We didn't have a showing in Edmonton this year, but we're hoping to change that. We were at Fort Edmonton for an event there though.

More on topic, you've done really well with the flight suit. I'm always amazed how much of an easier time newer busters have than when I started. A good attitude and attention to detail goes a really long way. I loom forward to meeting up with you (and Matt C?) in short order, now that I'm getting a little better.
By PssdffJay
I wish I could remember the site I saw that on. It was playing at one of the very small theatres on the 30th at 7 I believe. I found it when I was searching for Calgary shows and it showed when and where in the rest of North America it was playing. I'm not crazy I swear! Doesn't mean it was correct, it was the internet after all.

I'm glad to hear there still is a group and I sorry everyone is having a tough go at it. I am looking to become involved and I am down in Calgary for local things and Etown isn't far away for big things.
By PssdffJay
So, with Halloween over I wanted to find a way to display my suit and accessories and started looking for a male mannequin. There were always lots for sale in Edmonton but that is a 3 hour drive. I just happened to see a posting on kijiji for a male under armour mannequin. I emailed and was able to buy it. Now this thing is big! I recall seeing them in Sportchecks before but I forgot how big until I got it home and put it on the base. This thing is 6 feet tall and it doesn't even have a head! It's got ripped bulging muscles and a package on it that most guys would sell their ecto for! Anyway, luckily I have large chest and was just able to get the flight suit zipped up. I have a photo, but I don't have much room in my place so it's a little crammed in the corner. I need to move furniture around to get this guy to fit. I don't know if I would ever have my pack on him too, but he logos good with the Alice frame on. Maybe I'll mount the pack on a wall beside.

By PssdffJay
Forgot to add this update. Franchesky's radio holster came in quite some time ago. I also found a Lifegard II on EBay for a fantastic price that will eventually go on my GB2 suit. I may get a custom navy suit for that one.

By PssdffJay
NoodleMaps wrote:Definitely want to go the mannequin route to display everything now. Great way to put everything on display.
The only bad part is that it takes longer to take everything down if you want to wear it. That's ok. This one will stay on the mannequin when I eventually get a custom G+B suit.
By PssdffJay
This just arrived today from the Gbfans shop. I already removed the name patch Velcro and the flap on the left arm.

It's an XXL Long because there wasn't any XL Long left. It's actually nice and comfortable across the chest but quite baggy everywhere else. I could actually wear street clothes under this if needed. It will do for now for until if or when I order a custom G+B suit. I'll stop and get the dyes needed tomorrow and hopefully dye over the weekend.

With flash

No flash

No more flap or Velcro
By PssdffJay
I picked up all the dye I needed in my way home and got to work. Threw my suit in the wash. Grabbed my big blue canning pot put it on the stove and started to fill with hot water and heated it up to a nice simmer. 2 boxes of colour remover for 30 minutes with continual agitation. Dump and repeat. New water, 2 more colour removers, 30 more minutes with agitation and it's currently in the washer again right now.

I would have taken a photo, but it looks EXACTLY the same colour... I feel a repeat of of what happened the last few times I tried to dye something. See above for that painful reminder. (Spin cycle just kicked in!)

Hopefully this did whatever it's supposed to do because I don't see a change at all.

Next will be a wash cycle with a cup of bleach. Hopefully that makes a dent. (Spin cycle done, starting the rinse cycle.)
By PssdffJay
Ok, so you know when you do that thing where you speak too soon? Yep, I just confirmed I still know how to do it.

With flash

No flash

Apparently that colour remover works... That was a shock when I pulled it out!

It's back in the wash now with some bleach. I'll finish with that tonight and let it hang dry and keep going tomorrow or Friday.
By PssdffJay
Well, surprised again. The bleach did pretty much nothing. Regular plain ol' Clorox bleach. Now, I didn't soak it, I ran a regular wash cycle with the bleach added and no detergent. It doesn't look like it should right now if I'm follow the dyeing thread properly. May try this step again.

With flash

No flash
By PssdffJay
Back to things not working out the way I planned again. I tried washing again with the bleach and I dumped the rest of the bottle, had to be 3/4 full, into the washer with 1/3 full of water and let it sit for 15 minutes and then ran the cycle. Same result.

With flash

No flash

Maybe when it dries it will magically change colour. I could definitely use some advice from everyone that has done this. What was the exact procedure you used for the bleach? Temp? Amount? Soak? No soak? Magic pixie dust?
By PssdffJay
So after getting home today, I washed the suit with some detergent and fabric softener and put it in the dryer with a bunch of bounce sheets. Then I threw it back in the washer with half (maybe a scootch more) of the liquid black die. These photos are after the soak and rinse.

With flash

No flash

To my eye the colour is solid, the photos are doing a weird shift thing. Might still be able to pull this off. It's now in the wash again soaking in the 2/3 blue 1/3 green mix. And I added a dash of the liquid black cause what the hell, can't screw it up any worse.

You guys getting tired of me talking about my laundry?
Alan Hawkins liked this
By Hoot
Looks solid buddy.

Nah we aren't tired of hearing about your laundry. Its good to see the progress after a few trial and error phases.. course you start talking about skivvies and we got an issue lol :)

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]