By gbnick
I bought one of the hose connectors in the store here. i was wondering if some one could do a tutorial about attaching the hose to it and attaching the connector to the belt
By jettajeffro
Drill 6 evenly spaced holes around the bottom lip of the connector and use some thick thread to sew it on. Azbuster was kind enough to put mine on.

To attach to the belt I'd suggest getting a hose barb connector from a hardware store and drilling a hole through the threaded end to put a ring and clip for the belt.

When you wash it make sure to turn the suit inside out and wrap the connector in some kind of tape if you've painted it.

Here's a pic of mine.

By gbmatt
didnt the connectors already come pre drilled..
By thor2015
The connectors I got from the store here have 8 holes in them instead of the 6 that the screen used versions have. I plan on epoxying over these, painting and putting the correct 6 holes in there.
By AJ Quick
I will be moving the items that are sold in the store.

From now on, all hose connectors will come with the yellow tubing and a custom barb setup with a fender washer on the backside. You will be able to sow the connector on for visibility sake, but the hose will be held firmly with the barb and fender washer.

Still working out the whole other end of securing it with a belt clip, or a way to simply attach it to the belt. Maybe with a keyring to keep costs down.
By firefighter993
I use one of these...

http://www.galls.com/yaid/style.html?as ... o-Datafeed

I just keep it at the back of the belt where the hose appears to go. When a pack is worn, you can't even see it.
I think my favorite thing about this method is that when the holder is closed, the hose goes into something and you can't see how it's attached. Then you don't have that weird "I must be a technical thing since I'm long and attach to a special connector in the leg of the suit, but for some reason I just hand from a hook doo dad on the belt" look goin on.
By RoboProp
Here's my hose connector...

It's sewn to a large piece of nylon webbing on the other side. The hose fits snugly in the front of the connector and I just loop the other end around the back of the belt a few times. If I just wear the suit without the pack, I pull the hose out completely and go without it. It's more of a nuisance than anything but that's me.
By Zack
My hose connector is from someones old baby bottle tutorial on here! :D It's worked pretty well thus far. Sometimes it's a pain to get it wedged between there to tighten. It came disconnected a few times when I was trying it on so the couple times I went out with it, I've just started tucking the connector into the leg pocket and zipping it up. It's not goin anywhere and the hose is still a cool part of the suit without the connector. :cool: I mean when it's on there good and tight, it's not going anywhere. I think it wasn't done good enough those few times.

That's a pretty easy cheap solution. I think I may try to make a better one one of these days though. :walterpeck:
By jettajeffro
I put a hose barb connector on the other end of my hose and put a ring and belt clip on it.
By beric
heres my hose connector

the back is 2 washers glued together with a screw and bolt to secure it

By beric
i just sewed my contraption to my uniform, about 4-5 inches left of the zipper and about 5-7 down from my belt...there is no hole in my uniform for the hose to go though (or the connector, for that matter) because i didnt want to risk ripping my uniform...the hose is simply superglued to the connector, that way, if there is too much tension on it, the hose should just pop out
By beric
i connected the other end to the back of my belt...one could also attach it to their jumpsuit...attaching it to the pack would mean that your pack and uniform are all connected...some people have made little contraptions that connect the hose to the belt, but since you really cant see it, i just went with something simple...considering that it probably is a piss tube, it would connect to a bag that hangs from the belt, but no one wants to really wear that
By Desslok
I picked up a hose connector from the shop last month, but it seems more hard plastic that rubber - probably a change in the way it was made since the thread first started ages and ages ago. How hard is it to drill tiny holes the new style? Still pretty easy?

And - any thoughts on if I should try and reinforce the jumpsuit (probably from the back) to prevent tearing over time? Or am I overthinking this?
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Both would be out of scale (Mattel too small, DST […]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]