Ill have more done tomorrow. Apparently the pack won't fit on the guitar stand. I also have some IKEA lights to put in, one above the top shelf, two in main area and one in the bottom. Also need to bracket the doors together so it acts as one continuous door :)
My project today is not anywhere as cool as this. Wheelbarrow and rocks sucks ass.
PssdffJay wrote:How much too tall? That looks like you made it fit very well!

I have a guitar stand too and haven't quite figured out to my pack sit on it.
The cabinet was 2. 5" too tall... shaved it off the back uprights and an 1.25" off top and bottom doors. Boom goes the dynamite.

And hammer, im gearing up for work. Trade ya. Overtime or not....still rather not go
Afternoon all! Today was a day off. I spent the afternoon working on the display here. I think its come out looking good so far.

Enough talking from me; Onto the pictures!

ImageImageImageImage

Here's a few videos too. Im such an attention WHORE.

So ladies and gentlemen, after the display has been completed (yes i added wire channel to the puck lights, and mounted some equipment hooks to either side), I'm back to working on uniforms...

My mother in law has been gracious to sew the patches on (I'm ok with a needle and thread - but nothing like she is nor could I bang out 4 suits in 5 hours like she did).

I am packing the first completed suit up and shipping as a surprise gift to a friend of mine from my old school town. The guy is a die hard fan and is meeting Ernie Hudson with me in Niagara Falls early June so I want him to have a pic in a uniform to have great memories.

His wife is on board and knows LOL

Anyhow, I will snap some pics when I get the chance. I even included some goodies for him - stolen from the GBI site LOL
Hey guys...here's a story.

Friend of mine is just as crazy about GB and even though were slightly apart, one night he took to the drink and Facebook messaged me about my pack and how he wanted one.

I told him to build his budget and id gladly help him out.

He hasn't done much in that direction but... I surprised him with a special gift this week.

I messaged his wife and got his measurements and bought some parts...and well....surprise care package

Welcome to the team brother ;)
Wonderful! That's what good friends are for, putting smiles on each others' faces!
Hoot liked this
Thanks guys. There will be two others coming in the near future (11 days actually) of identical twin brothers.
They are attending a comic con with me in Niagara Falls where Ernie Hudson will be.

Hoping to hook up with some other 'Busters there. When I go and get some photos from the weekend (thats right...all three days) I will up' them and post them :)

Martin from QC is bringing his Ecto (from what I have heard anyhow...I could be wrong; either way there will be an Ecto-1 at the Con).

If anyone else is going, lemme know - I'd love to meet up and network a bit more :)
I met some great people from the site this weekend, the Ontario Ghostbusters but thats for another thread.

Here's some of the guys I had photos done up for us in our first Con weekend.
Me seated in DrCaron's Ecto-1 (THANKS SO MUCH MARTIN!!!)
Ima bust some Ghosts; But first, lemme take a selfie....
You can figure out what that is.
Special edition print sold at the Niagara Falls Comic Con
Karma paid forward. My buddy Joe (gentleman wearing my pack and the sunglasses outside) was good enough to give me this for the surprise of his uniform. RAK came back to me.

Which lead to this:
And he really is an amazing person. I Never get star struck and I did here.... again (so I guess that makes me full of shit then LOL) He's a great person and he was genuine. Why Can't more be as awesome as him?

Thanks guys :) Enjoy :)
Looks like you had a great time. I've been seeing the updates from ogb on Facebook and wished I went!! Hopefully Ernie will come to Montreal this year. You should get out to Montreal comic con, hang out with martin and la centrale on home turf :P
jessejames51 wrote:Looks like you had a great time. I've been seeing the updates from ogb on Facebook and wished I went!! Hopefully Ernie will come to Montreal this year. You should get out to Montreal comic con, hang out with martin and la centrale on home turf :P
I will look into that for sure! My wife has famille dans la belle province....plus shes obviously going to have to be my interpreter lol
English is mine also and can understand some Quebecois Francais provided it is spoken slowly enough.

Though....even though English is my first language....I don't even speak THAT one well ;)
I know I'm a bit late to the party but that equipment display case is really cool! Great idea and well executed.
Hoot liked this
bishopdonmiguel wrote:I know I'm a bit late to the party but that equipment display case is really cool! Great idea and well executed.
If I remember tonight ill post the material list I used from IKEA. Was cheap enough
bishopdonmiguel wrote:I know I'm a bit late to the party but that equipment display case is really cool! Great idea and well executed.
I agree. I've been looking around for something to display my stuff but Ikea UK is dogshit
Venkman's Swagger wrote:
I agree. I've been looking around for something to display my stuff but Ikea UK is dogshit
Here; try this part list using the article numbers as they are universal for IKEA worldwide. I used Black brown because I felt it simulated the movie lockers well. It also matched my other media furniture.

Here is what I used boys and girls:
Stock Cabinet: BESTA Shelf Unit: $80USD (75 5/8" Height x 23 5/8 Wide x 15.75"); Article Number: 401.021.29
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/produ ... #/40102129

Doors (3 Needed; hinges included): BESTA VARA Glass Door: $15USDx3 $45USD; Article Number: 701.785.80
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/produ ... #/70178580

LED Spot lights: INREDA LED Spotlight: $49.99USD; Article Number: 101.921.07
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10192107/

LED SWITCH CORD: ANSLUTA Power Supply Cord : $5.00USD; Article Number: 301.214.11 http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30121411/

EDIT: APPARENTLY I LIED. ALL THE PART NUMBERS CORRESPOND TO THE FURNITURE. DUE TO THE DIFFERENCES IN ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS WORLD WIDE THE ARTICLE NUMBERS WILL NOT MATCH UP. THESE ARE TAKEN FROM IKEA USA WEBSITE. MATCH WITH CANADA.
bishopdonmiguel liked this

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]