Venkman's Swagger wrote: That sentence alone gives it away lol. It is a sick belt mate. Very jelly!!
Does it...? Hmmm...
pyhasanon wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote: That sentence alone gives it away lol. It is a sick belt mate. Very jelly!!
Does it...? Hmmm...
I think it does lol. I will leave that there in respect for you and the creator! Love your GB stuff mate
Custom, just because red is my favorite color... I have a blue one too for the GBVA franchise...
And now time for some real insanity... some of you on Facebook have already seen this, but what is a Ghostbuster to do when he brings his family to a Con that focuses on one franchise only...?

Get ready for some pure insanity!!! (Bear with me people, this is all in good fun)

BOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho, so my wife and kids are huge My Little Pony fans, so consequently, I sit down to watch the show with them as well, and I have to admit, it has got to be one of the most entertaining shows on TV today... It has lots of great values for the kids, the songs are not annoying (and rather catchy), the characters are interesting, likable and easy to relate to, and there are TONS of great pop culture references for adults (Indiana Jones, Escape from LA, Metal Gear Solid, Star Trek, Scott Pilgrim, and yes, Ghostbusters - and let's not forget that there are actual ponies based on Big Lebowski characters and Doctor Who... and the villain is voiced by John de Lancie, who practically plays Q all over again from Star Trek: The Next Generation, but in dragon form)!

Ok, carrying on...

So, as somebody who primarily dresses up as a Ghostbuster at Cons (ok, I ONLY dress up as a GB at Cons), I decided to throw a Pony-fied spin on it... the result???

VOILA!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
PINK EVERYWHERE!!! INTRODUCING THE PINKIE PIE GHOSTBUSTER!!!

And here's a photo of myself and the rest of the family, who of course came dressed up as well...

And, met up with another friend of mine (and fellow Ghostbuster from Maryland)... of course, how could I resist striking this pose with her!

So, while I was there, I decided to meet up with the amazing Andrea Libman (who voices Pinkie Pie)... I love voice actors, and she is definitely one of my faves out there...

John de Lancie was also there, but his autograph/photo op vouchers sold out quick! I wouldn't be surprised if Trekkies were there JUST for him...

And...

What's this...? Somebody had the same general idea that I had! Genius! He also won the costume contest!

Of course, how could we not have a couple of photos together...?!?

In the end, I had an absolute blast! And, as for the convention itself, I must say, for a convention designed primarily around one franchise alone, this was some of the most fun I've ever had at a Con, and it is also one of the most well ran and organized cons I have been to as well... Kudos to the fans and crew who put it together! Best of all, my family had the time of their lives, and seeing my two little ones run around and interact with the voice actors from the show, and even singing songs with them, was absolutely priceless!

And as I leave this post, I end it with this...

Keep on 'Busting, my friends, but always remember to have fun! Even if it's at the expense of some of your dignity... LOL! (I'm kidding)
Phil, are those changes to your Proton Pack permanent? Or did you make a second pack? It just looks like a lot of work to switch all that stuff out.

You should invite the guy in the tall pony GB costume to Air and Scare. I think the kids will love him.
Oh, no, not permanent at all! LOL! Didn't take long at all to change out the tubing...

As for the other guy, he's local to VA, so I'll ask him, I think that's a great idea!

Update: Just finished talking to him about it, he said he would love to, but he needs to check his work schedule first...
pyhasanon wrote:Oh, no, not permanent at all! LOL! Didn't take long at all to change out the tubing...

As for the other guy, he's local to VA, so I'll ask him, I think that's a great idea!

Update: Just finished talking to him about it, he said he would love to, but he needs to check his work schedule first...
I think the little girls and all those Bronies would love to see him at Air and Scare. If he is coming, please PM me his email and name and I can add him to the list of volunteers.
Sorry Phil, don't mean to be a pain.
Just received my Tru-Spec and it's color is navy.
After a couple of bleaching's, ready for the next level.
I'm at the brown stage. Don't understand how
the RIT remover after a couple of baths will
make the flight suit gray. Read your
earlier post but I'm still a little confused.
So, my question is this: how do I go from brown
to the dark gray?
Really really really boiling scalding hot water and bleach for about 20 minutes, constant mixing with proper ventilation (for yourself, it gets toxic)...
Zharthaddeus liked this
pyhasanon wrote:Really really really boiling scalding hot water and bleach for about 20 minutes, constant mixing with proper ventilation (for yourself, it gets toxic)...
Thank you, sir!
I'm on it like a slimer on a hotdog!
You might need to do it twice, too... Rinse, wash, and repeat... It might not get all of it the first time...
Zharthaddeus liked this
pyhasanon wrote:You might need to do it twice, too... Rinse, wash, and repeat... It might not get all of it the first time...
Phil, you da man! Just took it out of the dryer a minute ago and it is FANTASTIC!!!! Love the charcoal gray.
Thanks, once more, partner.
I do not want to confuse anyone in terms of dyeing their flight suit. This is what I did with the help of Phil's build.

I ordered Tru-Spec from the GB-Shop and it came in sooner than I thought. That was a plus! The flight suit was navy in color.

Part 1: Using a top loader washer, put on hot; put in one(1) cup of Clorox Bleach; placed flight suit in washer; went through wash cycle; placed in dryer.

Part 2: (Again) Using a top loader washer, put on hot; put in one(1) cup of Clorox Bleach; placed flight suit in washer; went through wash cycle; placed in dryer.

Part 3: Now, my Tru-Spec is as brown as I am! LOL And I'm one dark brother! Heated enough water on the stove to fill my kitchen sink until the water is close to boiling; carefully poured all the hot water in the sink; added two(2) cups of Clorox Bleach; slowly placed the flight suit into the water/bleach mixture; stirred for 20 minutes

Part 4: On the other side of the kitchen sink, I filled with cold water; carefully removed the flight suit from the hot water/bleach mixture and placed in the cold water.

Part 5: Squeezed the flight suit in the cold water bath for 20 minutes and began to ringed out the water.

Part 6: Put the flight suit in the washer and ran it on cold water; after the rinse cycle, I placed it in the dryer.

The flight suit came out a great shade of gray!

*** Now, I had already purchased a bottle of liquid RIT Dye More, specifically for synthetic's because my Tru-Spec has a polyester 65% - cotton 35% blend. Even though I love this flight suit gray color, it needs to be a tad darker. This RIT color is called: "graphite". But that's the perfectionist in me. Been doing costumes since 1978 and so, I'm happy with the results.
jayroc1234 liked this
I'm kinda computer slow. I'll do the best I can.
When I'm doing this stuff, it doesn't occur to me to take pics.
I have the flight suit in the washer/dryer after dyeing it a little. Will take a pic
when it's done.
Thanks for reminding me.
Okay, I'm not good at this, but here goes.
One photo was taken with natural light, the other with a flash.

Image[/img]

Sorry. Here's the second image.
Here's the pic taken with a flash.
Again, just took it out the dryer.
Actually, the flight suit is 2 shades darker.
Natural and artificial lighting isn't projecting
the real color. But I am happy with the results.

Okay. can't seem to show the flight suit's
natural color with my camera. Nevertheless,
it does compare closely to GB-II.

Looks fantastic, a lot better than mine turned out... I felt mine was still too dark, yours looks perfect!
Zharthaddeus wrote: April 6th, 2016, 10:30 pm Thank you, sir.
This pic is under different lighting.

With a few times late... This Grey Uniform looks great!!! :-D
Zharthaddeus wrote: May 31st, 2018, 3:34 pm Etigo . . . You are doing great!
Before long, you'll be posting your pics.
:-D Thank you, I appreciate it!!! :-D
I was exactly where you were at a couple of years ago.
Once everything is complete, your pride will shine at
every appearance.
The GB's here are very helpful and accommodating.
They're the best!
Zharthaddeus wrote: June 1st, 2018, 11:03 am I was exactly where you were at a couple of years ago.
Once everything is complete, your pride will shine at
every appearance.
The GB's here are very helpful and accommodating.
They're the best!
Wow!!! :-O
And YEAH, you're right. GB's are great for Helping and Sharing!!! :-D
I hope to follow your step...
I need to finish my Pack!!! :-P LOL

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]