Ecto_1X wrote:Seems like everyone enjoyed it! Are your kids addicted to the donuts yet? lol.
Not really, but considering that they see the box sitting on the kitchen table with the KK logo on it with green slime, they keep pointing at it yelling "Slimer, daddy, more please!" LOL!
pyhasanon wrote:
Ecto_1X wrote:Seems like everyone enjoyed it! Are your kids addicted to the donuts yet? lol.
Not really, but considering that they see the box sitting on the kitchen table with the KK logo on it with green slime, they keep pointing at it yelling "Slimer, daddy, more please!" LOL!
LOL!
The Ghostbusters, Virginia franchise had a booth yesterday at Tidewater Comic Con in Virginia Beach, VA! Had a lot of fun! Recently bought a Nomex flightsuit to replace my Tru-Spec, so other than the recently aforementioned Krispy Kreme trip with Hijacker (which we did again before heading to the Con in the wee hours of the morning), this was my first full outing in my new flightsuit! I must say, I like the Nomex so much better than the Tru-Spec... I just wish they had the side zippers like the Tru-Specs do...

Anyways, PHOTOS!!!

Ghostbusters, Virginia! (From left to right: pyhasanon, Dan AKA, Hijacker and vbvabuster)

Vigo was a big hit! He was visible from afar, so he would draw quite the crowd... I wonder why... We had one kid walk up to the table and just stare at him... we had to ask his parents to pull him away before it was too late... LOL!

Hijacker, hard at work... or hardly working... or "hardly accomplishing" (his words...) =P

One of the booths there had this, pretty damn cool!

Took this when I got home around midnight (I live like 3 hours away from the Tidewater area)... Was pretty cool being on the Exhibitor side of the table for once, had a great time!

Oh, and almost forgot, here was a wonderful surprise... One of the kids at the Con was walking around wearing this! Super awesome! Talk about parenting done right! We were super impressed!

Next weekend, Air and Scare at the Smithsonian with the NOVA Ghostbusters! =D
A G&B suit is really expensive, so I'll leave that for a future future project... after the hero pack, hero goggles, hero trap, and not to mention my wife's pack...
Great photos Phil!
Got my Ghostbusters, Virginia franchise patch, and I thought that I'd tack it on and see what it would look like on the opposite arm... While I wasn't so initially keen on the franchise patches being sewn on the uniform, I have to admit, now that I have it on, it has grown on me... I think I will keep it there for now... ;)

Got some new stuff! Woot! And it didn't even cost me much! Now, if only I can find a Sniffer 300/301/302/303...

Nice equipment!
Just finished putting together (well, mostly) my GB2 suit! A lot more accurate than the last darker colored suit that I made a year ago... I just need to save up to buy a GB2 Belt Gizmo...

Nope, sorry. Its all wrong. Clearly that is a GB1 style trap with the red rods. I have lost all faith in you Phil. How could you miss something like that?

Just kidding!! It looks terrific!

I picked up Doug's GB2 gizmo and its on my list of things to build. I like those padded straps! I should really look into getting those. Do you find they twist out on you?
PssdffJay wrote:Nope, sorry. Its all wrong. Clearly that is a GB1 style trap with the red rods. I have lost all faith in you Phil. How could you miss something like that?

Just kidding!! It looks terrific!

I picked up Doug's GB2 gizmo and its on my list of things to build. I like those padded straps! I should really look into getting those. Do you find they twist out on you?
I've meshed both GB1 and GB2 together so much, I've pretty much threw continuity aside and took the best of both worlds...

- I like the red rods better, so I kept that...
- I much prefer LC-1 over LC-2, so I stuck with LC-1, but I still padded them ala GB2 (however, Ramis had padded LC-1s in GB2... and yes, they twist, but they're so comfortable, I don't mind it, and it really doesn't get to the point of annoyance... if anything, I only notice the twisting because of photos)... I also noticed I forgot to strap down my waist strap in this photo... not sure what the thinner LC-1 waist strap looks like in the GB2 suit, but again, I'm sticking to it, because I just like it better...
- most of the pack is configured GB1 Spengler hero, except the Planet Hollywood style OEM Powertec Power Supply box on the motherboard (right where the REGBSCS decal is)...
- I do want a GB2 Gizmo, though, because it really is a unique look for the gray suit...
- Franchesky really outdid himself with my new custom trap holster, it worked perfectly with the thicker GB2 belt
Hammer wrote:I have faith that you could build a GB2 gizmo. Give it a go!
I have all the plans to, but I have to wait till October... too many expenses right now that I have to get out of the way first...
momeraths24 liked this
Probably never, really... my next major build will probably be a R2D2, but that's going to take a couple of years of planning and budgeting...
Looking great Phil, love seeing peoples costumes come together!

Love the fact you have gone for a mashup of elements, thats what I am doing as I have a GB1 suit (but a GB2 black Spongeface Gizmo), a GB1 Nick-a-Tron Trap that I have to get round to building (I should have just bought a Matty one haha) but planning a GB2 Semi Hero Pack!

If your thinking about getting the Spongeface Gizmo kit I can't recommend it enough, I haven't quite finished mine but it has been so easy to put together so far and already looks great unfinished!

Im planning on doing this costume myself once I make progress on a Pack, what belt did you use? Will have to speak to Franchesky about a trap holster as I know the one I have doesn't fit on any of the thicker black belts I own!
Unfortunately, by request of the maker, I am not at liberty to say where I got the belt...

It is, however, quite the work of art... it's such a shame that nobody does runs of these anymore...

pyhasanon wrote:Unfortunately, by request of the maker, I am not at liberty to say where I got the belt...
That sentence alone gives it away lol. It is a sick belt mate. Very jelly!!

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]