So this is my first attempt at building a GB1 uniform:
- Bought a pair of CSI volleyball pads and TRIED dying them with Rit liquid black. They turned out super light and purple on the pads and black/white zig zags on the stretch once I rinsed them. I opted for the primer misting. I still need to stitch a black patch in. Will do tonight or tomorrow.
- Bought a Rothco pistol belt; actually 2. The first one turned out purple (wtf?) like the pads but way darker. I dyed in the same bath as the pads. Frustrated, I went back to JoAnn Fabric and picked up Rit liquid pearl grey. That worked, but I think I went a bit too dark. It'll buff out.
- Built the key fobs.
- Bought the Tru-Spec 27-P in XL-R. Kind of wished I had gotten the L-R. 5'11" @ 186 lbs. I might hot wash and dry in attempts to shrink.
- Bought the hose and connector from the GB Shop (thanks AJ). Bought a ten pack of .30" strong magnets from The Home Depot. (I wish I could reference who's post it was that suggested the magnets. Great idea!) But, I used that method, having to modify using only .30" magnets.
- Have had the lab gloves since 2007 D*Con.
- Have had the military boots for 11 years (barely worn). I'm saving my pennies for Corcoran 995s.
- Received the MT500 three days ago with the wrong antenna provided. I'm trying to get that resolved. If all else fails, I'll cut this one to the stubby size.
- In the process of building the gizmo circuit board. I have the leather tape measure holder trimmed, just waiting on the dye to show up to finish. Using Jairus's sticker print out and various other GBFans methods, I will get this thing built soon.
- Hoping to start on a trap and then DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN.... a proton pack.
- Possibly going the easy route with the PKE and goggles through MattyCollector.
I'm always up for constructive criticism.
Kitty not happy.