By UncleSirus
I am making one of the 2016 uniforms this year and I will be posting the process. In the meantime, has anyone else made one of these?
By csullivan1980
fearless-freak wrote:i've seen a few and from what i've read they're all custom made
Yes, the jumpsuits are customs. We met a few people who worked on the movies last month at a con we did. 100% custom.
By UncleSirus
I know they were custom (they actually look like WWII women's factory jumpsuits), but I'm trying to see what people have made them out of from the fan's standpoint. In particular, the high visibility tape on the suit.
By Kingpin
I've seen photos of one, as part of a My Little Pony Ghostbuster costume, which looked like a reasonable effort. I think at this point I've seen more replicas of the Packs than the costume.
wkbarkov liked this
By pyhasanon
Look up David Silva of the Massachusetts Ghostbusters... He has held the real uniform in hand and has spoken to the costume peeps of the new movie... He knows EXACTLY how they are...

https://www.facebook.com/MAGhostbusters ... 191803931/
By Matt Campbell
I myself was tinkering with the idea of buying another khaki flight suit, sewing a GB 1/GB '16 logo patch on the right shoulder, sewing on the orange & white reflective tape ala the reboot, and using a GB 2 style name tag. No its not screen accurate, but what better way to show support for the entire community than a uniform that samples from all 3 films.
zeta otaku liked this
By Lewis Tully

For my reboot suit I went with a standard Khaki flight suit and did the iron on stripes. Overall the look worked for a bit, but I am constantly worried that they are going to just start peeling, etc. I am working on a new "coveralls" based suit with sewn on stripes at the moment. I would like to find a dual layered stripe to match the screen used suits, but if I don't I'll go for the orange ribbon with the printed on reflective stripe.
AJ Quick, Matt Campbell liked this
By JCRJr3
I bought some of the Dickies basic cotton coveralls in khaki. I removed all the branding and one of the pockets. Did a RIT pearl grey dye job on it to darken it up a bit and am currently doing the iron on stripes as well. I, like lewis, am freaked out they're going to peel so I think I'm going to reinforce them temporarily with some stitching till I can work on getting some proper "sewn on" stripes. It fits and falls really nicely and comfortably. Hopefully I can get some pics of the suit soon. I'm trying to finish it before a con this weekend!
By Venkman's Swagger
Lewis Tully wrote:Image

For my reboot suit I went with a standard Khaki flight suit and did the iron on stripes. Overall the look worked for a bit, but I am constantly worried that they are going to just start peeling, etc. I am working on a new "coveralls" based suit with sewn on stripes at the moment. I would like to find a dual layered stripe to match the screen used suits, but if I don't I'll go for the orange ribbon with the printed on reflective stripe.
Lewis Tully, you are a bad ass dude my brotha!!! Working it!!!
By jenmcnitt
Has anyone found a source yet for what looks like tan or grey with orange edged straps for the pack and belt?
By Praecantrix
jenmcnitt wrote:Has anyone found a source yet for what looks like tan or grey with orange edged straps for the pack and belt?
I used 50mm orange webbing and stitched 40mm grey webbing on top. It works, for now, but I may try to look for an alternative. I'm using the same method with the pack adjustment straps.

This is my first attempt at the suit. It still needs a fair bit of adjustment but it was a one-day make so I'll let myself off, haha.
Sourcing even a similar suit was difficult so I gave up and made one from a Kwik Sew K3389 pattern with some adjustments. I still need to alter the collar, add buttons and take the whole thing in a bit, as the stripes are lying too low.

For the stripes, I stitched on orange bias tape and glued reflective ribbon on top with fabric glue (and ironed it for a permanent bond). It seems ok so far but I'm not sure how it will wash...

By jenmcnitt
Nice! What width bias tape did you use? I am trying to decide between 1" or possibly 1.5" for the orange stripes.
By Praecantrix

I used 25mm tape because it was all I could get in the time constraints, but I had to double it. The reflective tape was 1" so I cut that in half (which also meant it went twice the distance - score!) and it seemed to work pretty accurately.

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Also probably different release dates. USA: […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]