By AubreySparks
Alright so I am starting my first outfit. The flightsuit, gloves and wire pulling lubricant (for slime stains) should arrive tomorrow. I got my custom name patch and No Ghost patches in the mail yesterday so it's off to a start. The No Ghost patch is too small and the face is weird though so I'm considering returning that one and getting a different one. What is the best Screen Accurate No Ghost patch online? I don't want to take my chances and spend even more more just to get a bad patch again.
By AubreySparks
Update:
Got my nametag sewn on, and have a new No Ghost patch and a Belt on the way. I've also started working on a belt gizmo. Are there any printable labels online for the gizmo?
By Christof
The best image of just the board I've been able to find so far has been from TheRockman's build thread from years ago. He credits exoray for the image, so I'll just go ahead and credit him as well.
Noremon liked this
By AubreySparks
Christof wrote:The best image of just the board I've been able to find so far has been from TheRockman's build thread from years ago. He credits exoray for the image, so I'll just go ahead and credit him as well.
Awesome thank you. So do most people just print and glue it onto whatever they're building one out of and just add the rest? I have a cheap large calculator I'm planning on using as the base.
By Christof
Well the thread I pulled that image from is pretty comprehensive on TheRockman's build steps
viewtopic.php?t=21595
If you want to spend a little more money you can also order one of SpongeFace's electronic kits, actual circuit boards with working lights. Spongface produces quite a few awesome electronics kits, and judging by his feedback thread is great about helping beginners out with assembling his kits. Alternately, there's a few places you can start looking to find belt gizmos already built for sale.
By AubreySparks
Quick update, I got a better No Ghost patch in the mail today from the same person I ordered my name patch from. Ironed that onto the sleeve, got the leg hose and a connector at the hardware store and will be painting the connecting pieces so they don't look out of place (they are white currently ) and my belt will be here in a few days. Quick question though. I have seen that there are keyfobs that attach to the hose so you can put it on the belt which seems to be a thing most perfer, but from some other sites and looking around I found that in the movie they have the tube just tucked into the back of the belt. Which method would look better? Also is there a way to get the tube to straighten out more? It was wound up at the store so it doesn't want to sit straight currently.
By GohstTarp
AubreySparks wrote:Quick question though. I have seen that there are keyfobs that attach to the hose so you can put it on the belt which seems to be a thing most perfer, but from some other sites and looking around I found that in the movie they have the tube just tucked into the back of the belt. Which method would look better?
I use a belt fob to keep it firmly attached to my belt, which I think looks cleaner and is more secure than just tucking it in. Not screen accurate, but in the movie they only needed the hose to stay tucked in during the current shot. When you go to a bust or a con, you will probably want something secure.
AubreySparks wrote:Also is there a way to get the tube to straighten out more?
Attach something weighty to one end (maybe your leg hose connector?) and hang it up from the other end so it doesn't touch the ground. Leave it there for a few days and it should be straighter.

Good luck!
By AubreySparks
GohstTarp wrote:
AubreySparks wrote:Quick question though. I have seen that there are keyfobs that attach to the hose so you can put it on the belt which seems to be a thing most perfer, but from some other sites and looking around I found that in the movie they have the tube just tucked into the back of the belt. Which method would look better?
I use a belt fob to keep it firmly attached to my belt, which I think looks cleaner and is more secure than just tucking it in. Not screen accurate, but in the movie they only needed the hose to stay tucked in during the current shot. When you go to a bust or a con, you will probably want something secure.
AubreySparks wrote:Also is there a way to get the tube to straighten out more?
Attach something weighty to one end (maybe your leg hose connector?) and hang it up from the other end so it doesn't touch the ground. Leave it there for a few days and it should be straighter.

Good luck!
Awesome I'll look into a fob for it then. And thanks for the weight idea I'll try that when I get off work in the morning! :)
By AubreySparks
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Boil the hose to straighten it out.
I managed to get it straight, now it just seems really long. The site I was reading suggested 5-6ft long so you can trim if necessary, I cut it down to 5' and it still seems really long. About how long do you all have yours at? At th e moment mines tucked into the belt until I can get a fob for it.
By AubreySparks
Christof wrote:If it's unwieldy for you, you can also coil the hose on your belt. Convenient and screen accurate!
Like just wrapping it around the belt or using something to coil it?
By Christof
Yes, exactly. You coil it once on the pistol belt on your side and it keeps most of the hose out of your way. Trying to hunt down a good screen cap showing someone doing it on film though, which I know happens so I might just have to re-watch my HD copy and take my own screen caps. :P
By AubreySparks
Christof wrote:Yes, exactly. You coil it once on the pistol belt on your side and it keeps most of the hose out of your way. Trying to hunt down a good screen cap showing someone doing it on film though, which I know happens so I might just have to re-watch my HD copy and take my own screen caps. :P
Awesome I'll try that for a start, thanks for the tip!

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]