By MonaLS
RedRoss9 wrote:I've got a sinking feeling in my stomach that I'm going to end up having to sew my own jumpsuit. And I can't sew. But I'm 5'10" tall and weigh...well...more than enough. And none of those jumpsuits from Amazon are going to fit me. I suppose I could go custom sized though. Has anyone looked into that and actually done it?
I'm going custom sized though Stailshop on Amazon. The costumer I first approached is booked through the new year. We'll see how it goes.
By Webster
So I've finished my lanyard prototype whilst I'm waiting for my uniform fabric to arrive. This is the plain version, but I also want to make a version that has an orange and silver stripe.

I'm thinking of doing a 1984 version as well :)
Kingpin, MonaLS, MightyAni liked this
By Webster
MonaLS wrote:Nice lanyard!!! That looks fantastic. Did you use a twill tape?
Yes. It's soft and strong so very comfortable to wear.
MonaLS liked this
By Webster
I purchased Pinder's screw U pendant from shapeways and it arrived today. Gotta say it is a think of beauty! Perfect model and perfect size. Judge for yourselves:
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
MonaLS, MightyAni, distnsun liked this
By Webster
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Fabric has been confirmed as being in stock. :love:

It is available from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191933059616

The drop is 137cm and I have been assured that 2.5m is enough from one suit (I am 5'3. You may need more if you are taller). I have purchased 3m per suit to be safe.
The best colour option appears to be pebble grey however the beige is also great if you want something a little bit closed to khaki. They also do a 'natural' colour which can easily be dyed if that's your jam. It has two sides, either of which are suitable. The main face has a slight sheen and the weave is more defined, the back has more of a woolen texture and has more of a subtle herringbone.

Shipping to the UK is free, but the fabric isn't actually too weighty so shouldn't be too expensive to anywhere else.

Please be aware that is fabric frays easily and therefore will require overstitching on the inside seams.
MonaLS, MightyAni liked this
By gbchef
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Webster wrote:So not quite Holtzy kit but I thought it was worth posting here anyway. I've bought this ribbon which I'm thinking I might make up into a lanyard for holding con passes (and my student id on campus [emoji14])
I'm also considering doing a plain khaki one as well with antique brass fittings to match the buttons and zip on the suit. Ideally I would have liked hazard tape style ribbon but i can't for the life of me find any :(

EDIT: Managed to find the 20mm buttons as well so I'm a happy bunny. Got plenty of both so whichever one is wrong I'll use on the lanyards :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Vintage-NO-S ... Sw1KxXMTAP

EDIT 2: 17mm buttons arrived. They are indeed too small but not noticably so. I'll be using them on the lanyards anyway so no loss there ^_^
Where did you get this ribbon? Thanks!
By Anima

Dunno if any of you have seen this yet, but someone on Tumblr pointed out this watch http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Trendy-Rub ... ZSvTqbnPRw as a super cheap alternative to Holtzmann's expensive and elusive real deal. There are plenty of differences between the two but if you have to choose between inaccuracy or no watch at all, seems like an easy choice.
Webster liked this
By MonaLS
MonaLS wrote:
RedRoss9 wrote:I've got a sinking feeling in my stomach that I'm going to end up having to sew my own jumpsuit. And I can't sew. But I'm 5'10" tall and weigh...well...more than enough. And none of those jumpsuits from Amazon are going to fit me. I suppose I could go custom sized though. Has anyone looked into that and actually done it?
I'm going custom sized though Stailshop on Amazon. The costumer I first approached is booked through the new year. We'll see how it goes.
The jumpsuit I received from the Stailshop on Amazon is very nice and fits well except for the torso length which is a titch short. Makes it a tiny bit tricky to put on, but fits perfectly once on. Should have included a back length measurement. The fabric is a nice weight and color, but not the appropriate twill. Has the right type of buttons, but not the correct wording on the buttons. Has a brass zipper which seems a little small for the jumpsuit. I would have put in a slightly heavier zipper. I didn't care for No Ghost patch, so I bought a better one to sew on. All in all, it was an excellent purchase.
By SaltyParabolas
I've been reading this board obsessively for the past few days. First let me say that lanyard you did was epic! I wish I could sew. Also I am insanely interested in a commissioned suit if you are still doing them. I'd love details. I've been going nuts gathering bits and pieces for Holtzy cosplays. =)
By EctoHoltzmann
Webster wrote:
That is exactly what I'm doing now and I intend on doing a limited run of commissioned screen accurate suits in the very near future.
I'd be very interested in a screen accurate suit. I have two others right now, but I need a hero suit ;)

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]