By VHoltzmann
So a about 2 months back, the reality of the crazy amount of sewing I still had to accomplish on various costumes for Dragon Con was sinking in. It was rather paralyzing, but I pushed through it...all the while yearning to make a full Holtzmann kit; coveralls, proton pack and all.
It just wasn't going to happen this year. 'That's ok' I told myself, knowing that pretty much all my own clothing was straight out of Holtzy's closet anyways. All I needed to do was throw on the Screw U necklace, the fingerless leather gloves, any style of the yellow lens glasses, and I was good to go.

Then it hit me; what would Holtzmann do at one of the biggest costume/cosplay/fan conventions in the world?
Ladies and gents, I bring you Super Hero Holtzmann! because I'm a huge dork.....

And then....Cats happened!!! I couldn't contain myself.

I found a beige stretchy jumpsuit on Etsy, chopped off the legs (retro 90s does 70s bell bottoms), removed & moved some pockets around, added the collar extension, the heavy duty denim buttons, the patches, the reflective strips and just did velcro down the front. The cape was fun, and I hope to add reflective silver paint to the Screw U symbol I stenciled on.

Playing with EL wire was fun, too! I will search for, and try to get more or better photos of the proton pack themed utility belt that I created.
There are more photos from the whole weekend at my blog (lnk in signature below), and more on the way!
XOXO :love:
Webster, LandoSystem, Nicholszz and 1 others liked this

Using rip-stop cotton and custom dye for each char[…]

The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]