I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I just finished making my own version of the jacket. I started with a Rothco B-15 Khaki Bomber jacket, removed the fake fur collar as well as the brown leather triangle accents, then added a No Ghosts logo patch to the right shoulder and a personalized nametag patch to the left chest.It looks great!

Here's the Rothco B-15 Bomber Jacket I started with:

The fake fur collar is held on by 5 buttons, making it removable and underneath is a flight-suit style fold down collar. The two brown leather accent triangles are just sewn on patches and are easily removable as well.

I figured I might as well make this a mini-review of the jacket so others can learn more about it. It is very similar to the MA-1 Bomber jacket in construction, although where the MA-1 has a nylon outer shell, the B-15 has a cotton outer shell that while not quite as heavy duty as carhartt's material, is similar to Dickie's in weight. The color is very nice as is, but being cotton, would take dyes pretty well if you wanted to try to match it to your suit. The hand-warmer pockets are nylon lined and have a snap to hold them shut, but don't have the MA-1's big flaps. The left sleeve has a pen/pencil pocket with a zippered pocket, just like the MA-1. The cuffs and waist of the jacket are stretch knit, just like the MA-1. The insulation is not quite as puffy as the MA-1, but seems thick enough to be a warm fall/spring jacket and in the winter would be good for temps around 30, lower as a layer with a hoodie or sweater. There is an inside pocket on the left chest that has a zipper to keep it closed. It has a bi-swing back and the liner is sewn in-not removable.

The size seems to run a little big, I normally wear a 2xl in most shirts and the 2xl jacket is a little big, but the sleeves are plenty long(normally I wear a tall size or long). Since it's constructed from cotton, it might shrink in the wash, but should still fit just fine.

Once it came in, I made sure it fit and was going to be warm enough for what I wanted, then I unbuttoned the fake fur panel from the collar and using a sharp pocket knife, I removed the brown leather triangle accent patches from the front. That's all the prep it needed for my goal. Then I positioned the spare nametag patch and No Ghost logo patch that I had gotten when I was building my costume, confirmed their placement by trying the jacket on again and made sure everything was where I wanted it, then I sewed them down. Here's how it turned out:

I might add more to it later, but for now I like how it matches my costume and gives me a little bit of the costume feeling when out in "civvies".

I know some purists out there will say that my logo is too small, my nametag looks too big, the logo isn't screen accurate with the black border, etc... But hey, the black border makes it soo much easier to sew on and most importantly: I LIKE IT!(By the way, the nametag patch had to go that high to clear the inside pocket. If you are hand-stitching or ironing on your patch, you wont have that issue, I was machine sewing mine on)

I got my jacket from Amazon for under $70. Here's a link to a random seller(that's asking a LOT more for the same jacket) that has lots of very nice pics of this jacket:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/wip03/item/10002548/
Last edited by D1gger on October 12th, 2016, 10:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks.

I removed the buttons that the fake fur collar attaches to since I wont be using them and they were irritating my neck. It was easy to remove them.

I guess the jacket is a hit. I wore it to the store tonight over just a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, and I had little kids staring, telling their mother: "hey mom, look! There's a Ghostbuster!". I also had a guy ask me if I bought it or made it, it was really cool. So I told him what it was and how I converted it. It's definitely a head turner, that's for sure!
Hot diggidy! I have an ectomobile but wearing the full suit around all the time is kind of obnoxious, and I have been on the prowl for ... THIS! I even passed by this jacket and went "Putting a new collar on that would be a pain in the neck, well maybe another jacket will work."

All I can say is wow, thanks so much! This made my day!

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]