By Christopher Conde
Hello everyone! I'm a new member but i would love to share how I made my leg hose connector. In the beginning, I had created this ugly one out of PVC, craft foam, and velcro. I do not have a close-up of this one, as I had lost the piece (I think I dropped it in the store today). Here it is, it's worse than it looks.
The paint was pooled up and didn't look smooth, the base wasn't even round, the PVC wasn't in the right shape, the velcro never stayed on, and eventually ripped off. It was terrible, so today I made a new one. I'm quite happy with the results...
Ah! Much better, right? Is it screen accurate? Not exactly. Is it a nice, cheap alternative? Yes.

What you'll need.
  • 1/2 Inch PVC Box Adapter - $0.50

1/2 Inch PVC Coupling - $0.28

1 Inch PVC BX Adapter - $1.00

(x2) Ceramic Ring magnets - $4.97 each
gray spray paint - $6.99

Total - $13.74 USD

As far as tools go, you'll need glue of your choice (I used gorilla glue). I also made use of gloves (getting that glue off your hands is terrible), and if you are weak like me (this is for inserting the couping into the larger Box Adapter, as it is a tight fit).

I started by simply sawing off the tops of the box adapters and sanding off the leftover bits the saw left behind. This left me with two perfect cylinders.
Here is everything i'm left with, minus the second magnet (which will remain untouched in the end). Also note that they are wet in this image, I was cleaning off the residue the price tags left off.

Shove the coupling into the larger adapter. No glue required, as they are a VERY tight fit together. Getting them unstuck is hard enough. Slip it in all the way.

Now insert the small box adapter to the coupling, but don't push it in all the way. Make sure to gorilla glue the sides inside the coupling before inserting.

Now simply glue the bottom of the large adapter to the center of one of the magnets. The glue will dry in 1-2 hours.

Now just add a coat of spray paint or two. Wait 10-15 minutes and voila! You are complete.

To wear it, connect the untouched magnet under your flight suit (watch your fingers!). It should connect with the connector without slipping or being too heavy. It's worth noting that the tube I am using seems to be thicker than the one sold on GBFans. If your hose is smaller, I suppose you could attach a magnet to it for easy connection.

Welp, hope you all liked my first real post here. I'm surprised this came out okay in the end and I'm proud of it. I hope to make a proton pack and other gadgets soon.
evlares, Xandrew Bull liked this
    Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]