Hi all! :)I'm one of the new "lurkers-gone-members", so forgive me as I learn how to navigate around here.

I'd like to hear more from those of you who have bought the Tru-Specs off this site (and maybe see some pictures if it's possible or allowed to post them). Are they made of durable material and have they held up well? How can I go about removing the square slightly above the left breast? One more question: I can't seem to find the XS in the drop-down menu when viewing the suit, and it looks like long/short isn't available for S or XS. They're listed in the chart below, though.

Thanks in advance guys!
:cool:
I didn't buy my Tru-Specs from gbfans, but if they're like the Tru-Specs I bought (off Amazon), they're definitely sturdy. Lacking a frame of reference, I don't know how they compare to other brands of flight suits, but they're definitely intended to function as coveralls, they're not just "Halloween costume" material. I've worn mine twice (Halloween and at a con) and I figure it'll last me quite a while, assuming I'm donning it only a few times a year.

To take off the velcro patch (which you should, if you're going to put on a GB name tag), use a seam ripper (commonly found in sewing kits or in the sewing section of your local store) to carefully cut the stitching that attaches the velcro to the suit. It's not difficult.
Thanks for the input bluebirdgm! The year before last I bought a Michael Myers remake suit for $60; it looks similar to cheap GB Halloween costumes, and is as thin as toilet paper (being female and cosplaying Mike, mask and all, got me some weird looks---and a punch upside the head!). I didn't want to go through that low quality experience with a Tru-Spec, so I checked around. :)
Hey there! I bought mine recently. I haven't tested it at a con yet, but with AJ's attention to detail and passion for providing quality merchandise, I'm confident in my choice. I actually have a friend who's been a GB for years and he's a bit jealous I've got a Tru Spec flight-suit. Check my uniform build in my signature block for pics.

As for removing the patch, it's just a Velcro patch that's been stitched in place; it's pretty easily removed with a decent seam ripper.

I would try to contact AJ Quick regarding sizing. This is entirely speculation, but the sizing chart may be direct from the manufacturer and might not reflect the stock AJ has.

Happy Bustin'!
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]