By GB Wolf
Hi everyone. So I'm putting my first uniform together, trying to get it done by Halloween.
Things I have so far:
Navy Blue Jumpsuit
Elbow Pads
GB2 No Ghost Patch
Name Tag.

All ordered from GBFans. I also have some old military boots from my Army days I can use. All of that said, I would like some opinions on some low cost items I can add to this. I think the next purchases from GBFans Ill make are gloves and the pistol belt. I'm not going for screen accuracy, but more something unique. Any suggestions would be great.

A few questions about the patches.
1. If you use the Iron-on method, how well do they hold up? Will they last or is it worth sewing them after?

2. When cleaning the uniform, is it ok to wash and dry with the patches or should it be dry cleaned? And is there any color bleeding from the jumpsuit during the first wash?

Thanks all.
By Torwen
1: the no ghost patch (GBFANS) holds on VERY good (iron on method)!

Put it in the correct place where you want it with your suit on - mark the spot (use some needles perhaps or mark with chaulk).

Set your Iron to max (no steam) and first iron the spot where it should go. This preheats the area and you don‘t want wrinkles under the patch.

Them apply the patch, put a kitchen towel (cotton) over the patch and with decent pressure, „massage“ the patch with your Iron until it sticks there. Use the tip / nose of your Iron on the ghosts fingertips / head.

As for the nametag (also GBFANS), it doesn‘t hold that much as the no ghost patch.

Perhaps it‘s the amount of glue...I‘ve compared the no ghost with the name tag and it seems that the no ghost patch has more of the glue underneath (shines
more).

Both are really good quality patches. The name tag lacks just a bit of the glue foil.

However: the nametag is square - so easy to be sewn on! So it‘s not a problem the way it is...the other way round I think would be much more of a hassle (sewing a round shape / the no ghost patch).

Final words: the no ghost holds up VERY well, the name tag not as good but square so easy to reinforce it with sewing.

2: I have 2 truspec medium flightsuits. A bit too baggy for me. Tried to shrink them a bit so washed both of them on the highest temperature setting.

No color bleeding.

As for washing with patches - I don‘t
know...hope that helps.
Noremon liked this
By Toddbobbentley
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Always sew your patches (and leg hose connector) on. Not only is it screen-accurate, but will be infinitely more durable than any kind of adhesive.
I second this, it may take a little more time and effort but totally worth it in the end!
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]