By armyofchuckness
So, here I go on my first real cosplay project. I want to start small with the uniform and eventually work my way up to more advanced accessories, but I have to pace myself for a peaceful household.

I got inspired by a really helpful article in Primer Magazine that got me started down the path to Busting enlightenment. I've limited myself to that style uniform and a Spirit Pack stapled to an Alice LC-1 but I'll start on my 1:1 scratch built pack over the course of the next year for Halloween 2018.

The pieces are still coming in but it's very exciting to get the flight suit from eBay and try it on.

For Mark I of the belt gizmo I grabbed an old LED calculator off eBay and used a goofy CB mic style speaker I got as a gag gift. It was really handy since the calculator came with its own perfectly sized belt holster!

Some quick disassembly and repositioning of the calulator circuit board on the body, and a strategically poked hole for the 1/8" power accessory that conveniently fits headphone jacks and I have this ten buck light up low rent belt gizmo! I'll paint the holster black.

Adding to the low budget nonsense is my welding googles project, also stolen from the Primer article. I couldn't find the fittings he was talking about, but I got pretty close. It'll do ok for a DIY project. Harbor Freight has a three band headlamp I might try to retrofit to the goggles for a more authentic look. More on this later.

Finally, to distract from my cheesy, low budget accessories, I want my uniform to have a well worn look. I started on the boots last night with some sanding paper, desaturated alcohol (acetone works better but i can't really use it indoors and it's still too hot outside), and some repeated pounding with a rip hammer. I like where it's going, but I'm going to add some more to it to make it look like I've been trudging through the sewers of New York.

So that's where I'm at so far. I figure by the time Halloween arrives I'll have a serviceable uniform for parties, etc. Just got to keep working on it a little each night.
Last edited by armyofchuckness on September 21st, 2017, 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
By Batfly
looking good so far. P p p patches. No ghost logo and name. I'd order them now before the Halloween rush hits!
By armyofchuckness
Thanks! Patches are already ordered and I already have the shoulder patch. The name patch is on its way according to the selling. In the meantime, I'm just about finished weathering the test boot. I went into the garage and had some fun with a bench grinder wire wheel, some acetone and some weathering powders. I think I may go back and wipe a little of it off because I think I overdid it a bit.

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/2jbqi6f.jpg[/img]
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]