Ok, so I'm about as happy as can be right now.

After trying a recipe I found online and having it not work out, here's the first try, which used my washing machine. It was close, but ended up being uneven, likely due to my machine being high efficiency and not having enough water in there (just my guess). I may end up turning this into a "slimed" suit eventually, but for now, I wanted to get this right.

So, I bought another suit, looked into several different methods, and combined them to create what I thought would work. After a few panicked moments, where I didn't think it was working, I just kept at it and I must say I'm thrilled with the results.

Navy (removed arm pocket to add franchise patch):

After color stripping:

After dying:

With patches:

Comparison:

I really couldn't be happier. I think it's perfect. Now, since I know there will be questions, here's the process I used to achieve this:

1. Quick wash cycle on cool
2. Fill laundry sink with hot water from the tap, until suit is floating, then add 2A and 2B at the same time.
2A. Add 3 packets RIT Color Remover to a jug, add 4 cups of boiling water, mix.
2B. Add pot of boiling water (approx. 18 cups)
3. Stir suit regularly for 60 minutes (this was one of my panic moments, as the suit didn't seem to be changing color, keep going)
4. Drain sink, lightly ring out the suit, and do a quick wash cycle on cool (low or medium spin)
5. Dry on medium heat
6. Quick wash cycle on cool
7. Fill laundry sink with hot water from the tap, until suit is floating, then add 7A and 7B at the same time.
7A. Add 6 cups boiling water, 1 cup salt, 1 tsp dish detergent, and 1.5 bottles of RIT Pearl Grey Dye to a jug, mix.
7B. Add pot of boiling water (approx. 18 cups)
8. Stir suit regularly for 30 minutes
9. Drain sink, lightly ring out the suit, and do a quick wash cycle on cool (low or medium spin)
10. Dry on medium heat

You now have yourself an accurate GB2 Charcoal suit!
Kingpin liked this
Yours came out great ! I did this the other day as well , after over a year of having the suit , I got the nerve to mess with it . I tried to color strip the jumpsuit in the washer which didnt work very well and was spotty , I decided to strip the color and dye it in a large sink , I used Boxed Rit Color Stripper and about 4 ounces of Rit Charcoal Grey Dye and Salt and boiled up some hot water to dye it. Took me hours to complete but Im happy with the result !! Im likely wearing this one day at Fan Fest

ImageImageImageImageImage

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]