By roseofsilence
Does anyone know where I could find a jump-suit for a BIG guy?
By Ramjet
A JUMBO jet?
By keoni
Ramjet wrote:A JUMBO jet?
really? how more immature can you be? inconsiderate prick...

dude, search yahoo/google. there are a number of places out there that sell suit up to 5xl in khaki and 6xl in black
By Ramjet
A bit sensitive, aren't we?
By slimer28
Its not being sensitive its just what you posted was very uncalled for! Why the hell would you post something like that if some one was inquiriing about a larger flight suit!

Now I figure that it might be a mistake and you would have felt bad and apologized but instead you just act even mor like a child and continue with your smart ass comments!

I'm not here to make enimies or come to peoples defense but continually posting offensive remarks is enough for me to come out and say something!

This is a forum for people of all shapes, sizes, and race! I'm pretty sure if some one that was Black or Latino asking about something that had to do with their race you wouldn't have said anything! So have some compassion mate we are all here because we love Ghostbusters and and just want to have a good time!
By keoni
Ramjet wrote:A bit sensitive, aren't we?
im probably the fattest f--cking ghostbuter on the majority of the boards, but with an equally big attitude, and have no problem making that known.

sensitive? no. i guess i just have more overall respect for people than to make immature comments, like yours, about people
By Ramjet
But you have no problem calling them an inconsiderate prick?
That's not respect, it hypocrasy.
As for your assertion that the comment was "about" anyone, you're mistaken.

keoni wrote:
Ramjet wrote:A bit sensitive, aren't we?
im probably the fattest f--cking ghostbuter on the majority of the boards, but with an equally big attitude, and have no problem making that known.

sensitive? no. i guess i just have more overall respect for people than to make immature comments, like yours, about people
By keoni
Ramjet wrote:But you have no problem calling them an inconsiderate prick?
hypocrisy? i guess i can see where you're coming from on that.

okay, but than if
wasnt about or directed to roseofsilence, than why say it? or was it addressed to all fatties in general? either way, grade-school level comments such as your response to his question are unwarranted and unneeded. seriously, grow up man.
By Ramjet
It probably was a smartass answer to where to find a large flying suit - but who's not guilty of posting something less than mature here at some time or another.

It was never an attack, but if roseofsilence had been offended, he could PM me and I'd change or remove the comment.

Chalk it up to experience and I'll shout you a cyber beer.

keoni wrote:
Ramjet wrote:But you have no problem calling them an inconsiderate prick?
hypocrisy? i guess i can see where you're coming from on that.

okay, but than if
wasnt about or directed to roseofsilence, than why say it? or was it addressed to all fatties in general? either way, grade-school level comments such as your response to his question are unwarranted and unneeded. seriously, grow up man.
By roseofsilence
Thanks Keoni. I apprectiate the defending of Big guys. What he said didn't really bother me being fat for 21 years has made me immune to it. Anyways, thanks everyone. I'm hoping to find a suit that's inexpensive as well as a pack thats cheap or premade. I'm no good at this kind of stuff but I've wanted to be a GB since birth so I'm going to indulge myself one way or another!
By slimer28
Hey good luck finding a suit you like man! If you want to go cheap on a pack and go for a pretty accurate look I would suggest contacting JackIvy! He made an amazing looking pack out of foam core for about 50 bucks! Most people can't even tell the difference between his pack and a fiberglass fancy accurate pack when they are side by side! Oh he even has lights in his pack and thrower all for the 50 dollar limit! He will definitely be able to give you some good tips!
By roseofsilence
slimer28 wrote:Hey good luck finding a suit you like man! If you want to go cheap on a pack and go for a pretty accurate look I would suggest contacting JackIvy! He made an amazing looking pack out of foam core for about 50 bucks! Most people can't even tell the difference between his pack and a fiberglass fancy accurate pack when they are side by side! Oh he even has lights in his pack and thrower all for the 50 dollar limit! He will definitely be able to give you some good tips!
Ohhhhhhhhh....AWESOME! Thank you so much. I also found a guy at my local Farmers Market that sells flight suits he said he would be able to find a big one in kahki for about 10 bucks!
By Ramjet
keoni wrote: ramjet- fair enough man. issue settled?
Always.
By Johnny Ohm
Being a "Stay Puft" (big and tall) sized guy myself, I bought myself a pair of walls khaki coveralls like this one...

...from a seller on ebay for a little under $32.00 shipped. It's actually a little bit big on me, but I think if I wash it it'll shrink a bit and we'll hem the legs. Most likely not screen accurate, but oh well! Price i pay for livin' large. :lol:
By syntaxerror
Eh, suit is one thing, but I think the worst part of the whole plus-sized issue is the gun belt.

I actually just clip two together to work for me lol
By idfraser
Andrews Military Supply or andrewsmilitraysupply.com is a fraudulent site. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING from andrewsmilitraysupply.com. They take your money and send absolutely no item. Here is a forum that I wish I would have read before I made my purchase:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/An ... ary_Supply
I do not understand why paypal continues to allow these clowns to have accounts, I am certain that I will receive a refund through paypal, but we all know how long that can take, especially for paypal.ca users.
Anywho, just wanted to let you all know to stay far away from andrewsmilitarysupply.com, if you are looking for plus sized flightsuits your only alternative at the moment is the black flightsuit from ebay or some other legitimate website, they have up to 5xl in the black, you'll have to be GB2 for now until someone produces more plus sized khaki flightsuits. Please, if you find a good website that has 4xl and 5xl khaki flightsuits, please post it on here so us big dudes know where to go. Thank you Ghostbusters Fans
By Cyberkorr
Walls is probably your best bet for Khaki coveralls that look close to the military jumpsuit.

If you have the cash, Gibson and Barnes will custom tailor a flight suit for you, but again that's mucho $$$.

I went with a walls jumpsuit and it worked out great! The other thing you will find an issue as a "fluffy" buster, is the pistol belt. I did what a few others suggested here. I bought 2 and hooked them together. Problem solved.

Good luck with your uniform build. Have any questions on stuff for a bigger buster, just ask!!
By EctoRalph
I'm also a bigger buster and went with the Turspec 3XL. For now it does the job until I can get one custom made. The only issue I have with it is that the arms are short, and the torso is a bit of challenge to get on because it too is a little on the short side. Regarding the pistol belt issue, I bought two of the belts as suggested but just never found a good way to hook them together, I guess I am in one of the in-between sizes where I just needed a little more but not enough to hook two belts together. Regardless one thing I did not like was that the traditional pistol belts in cotton are so soft that they have a tendency to roll on me. So what I did was to get a new production belt and changed out the quick disconnect buckle for the old style. I also added suspenders which I explained in the "tips for the bigger buster post". Here is what it all looks like:
By xoff00
Thanks to the discussion here and the main jumpsuit thread, I bought a Tru-Spec 3XL Flight Suit.

I'm 5'11 (6' if I don't slouch!) and about 275. It fits pretty well, a bit baggy...I'd be tempted to try on a 2XL. The suit definitely shows me I'm fat. :)

As EctoRalph and others have said, the waist-to-neck zipper space is a little tight to get in, but not bad. I wear my belt under my belly like a lot of guys (lower than my "natural" waist) like EctoRalph, but I think a single belt will fit (I wear a 42" belt)...I haven't ordered one yet.

About the only thing I think I'll need to modify is *maybe* trim the pant legs a bit. I have to dig up my combat boots and give everything a test fit.

Thanks to the guys in the this thread (and the main jumpsuit thread) for giving real and honest measurements and advice!
EctoRalph, Asvitak0087 liked this
By EctoRalph
Xoff00, glad you found the info helpful. I wanted to let you know that I too did not like the bagginess of the 3XL suit and went ahead and bought a Tru-Spec 2XL-Tall suit and it actually fits much better but interestingly the arms are still short and the legs are way too long. What I found out works well for the legs is to use trouser blousers instead of tucking them into your boots. This makes all the difference. Basically they are elastic bands with Velcro ends (not the military ones with the hooks) to allow you to tuck your excess pants legs back up. Let us know if you too went with the 2XL and how it fit.
xoff00 liked this

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]