For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
By Lee FW
I first stated this thread to help identify a specific piece of RGB background art I own but now that mystery is solved I figure this may be a great place for all queries surrounding unidentified cels, background paintings and production related art work.

Post your pics here and lets see if we can figure them out!

*Original post in blue*

Hi, so a few months ago I scored something I've wanted for a long time, a piece of original hand painted production artwork clearly depicting the full length exterior of the firehouse (and it's an awesome piece to behold!) There's a few printed versions of this one floating about at the mo included with cels but was lucky enough to grab the original for just a fraction more.

I haven't had chance to watch every episode again to locate it so just wondered if it jumps out at anybody or if there's any clues as to the season? (I imagine the Ecto is from another episode)

Is it from an episode opening establisher?

If anyone can help I'll wing a hi-res copy over to the person who identifies it

Taaaaa
Last edited by Lee FW on June 16th, 2017, 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mystery solved. Just by chance spotted this in Season 2 "It's a jungle out there" . Compared to some of the other episodes I have cels from this is certainly not a classic but it does have a talking dog that walks on its hind legs so that's something! Was interesting to see how cropped in the final image was compared to the painting.

Just wondered is it worth scanning and uploading to that episodes wiki? To be honest I'd love to see more cels, background paintings and original production art added to the episode guides where available.

Note, Ecto most definitely from another scene/episode.
Glenn Frederick liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:
Lee FW wrote:Note, Ecto most definitely from another scene/episode.
I kind of wish when these are sold that the animation cels are sold together with the right characters within a scene. It's a nightmare trying to pick apart and guess which character or object is from which episode.
Agreed! I try to stick to cels with an identifiable bit of tech or a ghost which can narrow it down a bit. Janines outfits are a great indicator too.

That said, now I've been watching them back to back I've noticed how different the show can look episode to episode even within the same season. I've got much better at narrowing down to within a few episodes because of this. Generally when I have an idea of where it's from I'll do a quick scan through those episodes. I'd say 90% of the time I can find which scene.

If you have any you're stuck trying to identify I'd love to see, see if we can figure them out

I struggled so long with the firestation because I thought it might be an unused background from the Grundel episode (clearly painted by the same person around the same time) so gave up but didn't think to watch those episodes around it until recently.
pferreira1983 liked this
Lee FW wrote:Agreed! I try to stick to cels with an identifiable bit of tech or a ghost which can narrow it down a bit. Janines outfits are a great indicator too.
It can be a real pain. I got lucky with a batch which was just animation stills from Night Game and that's only because they had no background!
Congrats on solving the mystery! I'm in a similar situation, myself. I've had a background painting of the firehouse for the longest time now and could never spot it in any episode.

See the spoiler for a photo of the artwork.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Does anyone, by any chance, recognize where this piece was used? It's killing me not knowing!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Lee FW liked this
ghostbustermike wrote: Does anyone, by any chance, recognize where this piece was used? It's killing me not knowing!

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
That piece is amazing! I definitely remember seeing it. Handily with Netflix I can check which episodes I've watched. I'll get back to you on this one once my memories been jogged.

Edit, I'd say at a guess early season 2, late season 1. The brushwork looks to have been done by the same person as mine.
ghostbustermike liked this
Found it! It's from the season two episode "Dairy Farm." The pan background came with a cel of the "Ecto-Crane," which should have clued me in, because this is the only episode that features the vehicle. I just figured the cel didn't match.

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Ecto-Crane

I guess that makes this a key master set-up then!

Thanks for your help!
Lee FW liked this
ghostbustermike wrote:Found it! It's from the season two episode "Dairy Farm." The pan background came with a cel of the "Ecto-Crane," which should have clued me in, because this is the only episode that features the vehicle. I just figured the cel didn't match.

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Ecto-Crane

I guess that makes this a key master set-up then!

Thanks for your help!
Nice! Had a feeling it was around there (3 episodes before mine). Hope I didn't throw you too much with the late season 1 early season 2, ( I was going by Netflix/ABC episode numbers)
This thread answers something that's been nagging at me. I have the following cell...

Now, the cell itself is clearly a scene from "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster", which is why I bought it. The episode is near and dear to me, since it's one I clearly remember watching at the age of seven. Anyhow, upon rewatching the episode on DVD, I noticed the inside of the Containment Unit in this scene has thin skyscraper-esque metal columns, whereas the background included with my cell clearly features natural mountain-like crags.

Up until I read through this thread, I was doubtful (and a bit disappointed if) this was from the same episode. Now, I'm pretty confident that I just got a different background with a piece of my favorite episode. Thanks.
Sayscalled wrote:
Up until I read through this thread, I was doubtful (and a bit disappointed if) this was from the same episode. Now, I'm pretty confident that I just got a different background with a piece of my favorite episode. Thanks.
Do you have a pic of the background without the mount ? The handwritten code numbers off the painted edge may offer a clue
Lee FW wrote:
Sayscalled wrote:
Do you have a pic of the background without the mount ? The handwritten code numbers off the painted edge may offer a clue
Funny enough, I discovered this thread while also trying to find the answer to my own RGB fire house production art mystery. Can anyone help me identity which episode this is from? Not a lot to go on here, I know. There is a C-1 label...I'm assuming the first shot for some sequence...

Any help and insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Incase you can't see the embedded image, here is a direct link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Swwh3- ... sp=sharing

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]